SP - UI QoL: Deposit high priority prisoner pop-up (with mockup image)

Users who are viewing this thread

Greeting Ladies and Lords of Calradia!

Today, I bring to you a suggestion for a user interface element that I believe to bring great value to the players of Bannerlord with minimal development time. Everything you need to know is provided in the screenshot to feel free to take a glance right away. However, the write up may give context if you don't understand the value of it immediately.

In the provided mock-up my character has devoted himself to entrapping any who attempt to plunder the villages of Vlandia. It can become a bit of a tedious process, as those responsible rides in small numbers, and once inevitably chased down, defeated they are thrown in prison usually escape their imprisonment quickly, and the process repeats itself.

So the gameplay loop essentially consists of quickly dispatching many groups of weak enemies, then bringing them to a nearby fort and locking them up. Over, and over again. Usually multiple times in less than five minutes. In my opinion, the most tedious part is digging through menus to throw them in jail time and time again.

This is where my mock-up comes into play. It's consists of a pop-up to remind the player they are carrying a high-priority prisoner and would allow them to deposit said prisoner in one click, rather than the nine or so clicks through multiple menus it would take the player to do so manually and return to the campaign map.

I'm not sure how many times I have forgotten to lock up a prisoner I had, but damn is it frustrating to leave a settlement to soon be notified that X lord has escaped from your party! Infuriating! Is it not?

Thank you for checking it out, please let me know what you think :smile:
m61yyss.jpg

1. I agree with your points that, SP log needs improvements. I brought this up internally before but I'll bring it up again.

2. I'll bring that up internally and see what the responses I'll get. I would personally prefer if the player used the party screen(rather than quick prison button) since we give much more information regarding influence gain and being able to inspect the prisoner with the right click. But I'm in favour of displaying a small notification in the settlement overlay about your current high value prisoners.

3. Pre-battle deployment is currently under development. I don't want to give any ETAs atm though. So stay tuned for that. But in general, with that feature you would be able to assign captains to formations, if you're the encounter leader. It will address the issues you're mentioning.

Thank you for the suggestions!
@emrozdemir (hopefully this tagged right) ?

A thought has come to be about 2 that stays much more consistent with the existing UI that also hopefully addresses some of your concerns about some of the information displayed in the party screen -- and should be able to hook into existing UI architecture.

You know how when you go to the tavern district you can ransom all prisoners then in parenthesis you see the gold?

It could be as simple as doing a similar option in the submenu "Go to the Keep" or "Go to the Dungeon"

Deposit All Prisoners (x influence) + (+ relation with x clan)

Perhaps the high-value prisoner reminder could use the same notification framework to display when a new vote is in progress, or a lord/lady is mustering an army. It would only pop up if the player entered a settlement a high value prisoner. Clicking it would bring the player directly to the submenu where they can be deposited. After depositing or leaving the settlement would hide it automatically to avoid screen clutter (shown in mockup)

My only real issue with using the party screen is its unnecessary digging and streaming of assets. Any way we can save the player from unnecessary clicks, submenu's or loading times streamlines the user experience.

Here's another mockup. This is a prototype! Open to all suggestions!:smile:
pfaO30b.png

*sorry for the double post, I am still learning proper forum etiquette*

Back
Top Bottom