Q2 Full Release Date? I dont think so......

Users who are viewing this thread

TW previously announced that the game would be released in Q2 of 2022. Well we are half way through Q2 and there is nothing to indicate that this game is even close to a full release. MP is still a mess and VOIP isnt even a thing for captain and siege mode, which IMO are the two biggest modes that require communication to win. We still do not have full modding support via Steam Workshop, singleplayer sieges are still janky, battles still turn into a mass amorphous blob of soldiers. Thank the lord for RBM that fixes that.

At the speed at which they are currently working it seems that this game wont be ready for full release until Q4 of this year, maybe Q1 of 2023. Don't even get me started on Kingdom Management and diplomacy which at this point shouldnt even exist. There is no point in owning a castle when the enemy can just bypass it and go straight for the towns. This game is not ready at all.....

You're right about the game being very far from a releaseable state.

I'm less focused on the release date and more focused on problems actually being fixed and content being implemented. I wouldn't even care too much if we never saw a release date, so long as the pace of work on long term issues/missing content speeds up.

But on the contrary, progress seems to be slowing down. Patches have gone from monthly to bi-monthly and haven't gotten bigger.

I would say the best thing they could right now is ending this sh*tshow as soon as possible. Just develop a stable version without bugs and call it a day so modders can jump right into the game, sooner we get rid of "early access" nonsense is better. Its not like they are actually going to make useful improvements at this point anyways

I would say the best thing they could right now is ending this sh*tshow as soon as possible. Just develop a stable version without bugs and call it a day so modders can jump right into the game, sooner we get rid of "early access" nonsense is better. Its not like they are actually going to make useful improvements at this point anyways
Maybe that's why they don't want to?

Maybe that's why they don't want to?
So they want to keep "developing" this unfinished software until eternity? Their progress is just pathetic since 1.7.0 like none progress at all and it´s almost half a year since 1.7.0. and that´s in their second EA year.

Let them add Banners and Claimants and call it a day, they need like 4-5 months alone for this and that´s more than enough time of this so called Early Access. ("We value your feedback", best joke they made after the EA release)

TW isn´t interested in making significant changes to core issues, they said it more than once, so really let them end the **** show and let modders take over, as wrong as this is but that´s the only way how we could get the game we wanted. TW can then move on to Space and Lasers and everyone is happy.

So they want to keep "developing" this unfinished software until eternity? Their progress is just pathetic since 1.7.0 like none progress at all and it´s almost half a year since 1.7.0. and that´s in their second EA year.

Let them add Banners and Claimants and call it a day, they need like 4-5 months alone for this and that´s more than enough time of this so called Early Access. ("We value your feedback", best joke they made after the EA release)

TW isn´t interested in making significant changes to core issues, they said it more than once, so really let them end the **** show and let modders take over, as wrong as this is but that´s the only way how we could get the game we wanted. TW can then move on to Space and Lasers and everyone is happy.
Idk. At this point I think it’s out of spite they refuse to let modders do the work. Like they already made as I pointed out tens of millions off this grift of a game, they clearly don’t care, that’s evident and I don’t think even the greatest TW simps would disagree. The thing now is they are insulted by the mass hatred of their game and, not wanting to be outclassed by such lowly scum as modders, they’re screwing them over just as much as they can while still holding a veil of being a respectable company. It’s a very stupid, convoluted and crazy theory, but what else can you do to explain a game taking a decade and a half?

I don't think it'll be "ready" for a good year or two, if ever fully completed. It depends how you see it as completed really. We've seen it in the past when modders got simply servers up to change parameers and got them closed because "certain devs were hurt by the idea it made the game better over their own parameters". I think it shows what we're working with and how subborn the team is in areas where it comes to certain features. *Looks at the warband class system*

It depends how you see it as completed really.
I am at the point where I see it as completed if they add banners and claimants, and of course more battle maps but that can be done after the release because it won´t affect anything.

I´m tired of waiting for TW for weeks to decide if Legionarys should be able to throw a ****ing pila and I don´t want to take them 5 months to discuss if they will change the armor system and then take 7 more months until they´ve changed it and 2 months more to fix all stuff they broke while changing it...

It´s pointless...to have any hopes for any change after the last statements here....let them "finish" as soon as possible and then forget that a company named Tale Worlds even exists.

I am at the point where I see it as completed if they add banners and claimants, and of course more battle maps but that can be done after the release because it won´t affect anything.

I´m tired of waiting for TW for weeks to decide if Legionarys should be able to throw a ****ing pila and I don´t want to take them 5 months to discuss if they will change the armor system and then take 7 more months until they´ve changed it and 2 months more to fix all stuff they broke while changing it...

It´s pointless...to have any hopes for any change after the last statements here....let them "finish" as soon as possible and then forget that a company named Tale Worlds even exists.
I'm actually quite afriad what they will make hard coded and limit modders to do their thing. I sort of agree with your first claim though - lack of WARBAND features are worrying, nevermind new stuff for bannerlord - wonders what they've been doing. So little RPG features rn, feels much more like a TW game (which gets very repettive and boring quickly) - just look at how marriage is done lol. Simple persuation 2 minute feature.

So Callum replied in the Multiplayer forums that VOIP will not be coming to the MP aspect of siege and battle mode even though its practically required for teamwork. Scratch another item that TW "cant do" but modders can implement

The worst thing they did with this EA is to make us enemies.They lost every credibility they had and i dont think anyone will ever give them any ammount of money again.

Now regarding the release i too hope it finishes as soon as possible so modders can work on a lasting project that these incompentent clowns couldnt do.

I'm less focused on the release date and more focused on problems actually being fixed and content being implemented. I wouldn't even care too much if we never saw a release date, so long as the pace of work on long term issues/missing content speeds up.

At this point, it's better to delay the release and have a better product.

The recent failures like Cyberpunk 2077 have demonstrated what unfinished and buggy games can do to a studio's reputation.

The recent failures like Cyberpunk 2077 have demonstrated what unfinished and buggy games can do to a studio's reputation.
Delaying release to make a better product is what we're fine with; delaying because of what the state of the game is currently? 1.7.0 was the last meaningful fix/patch of theirs and that was over half a year ago. At this pace (now over +2 years EA - that we paid for), delaying means nothing if no progress or actual communication is put forward.
If TW was still an indie company and these last 2 years was just an open, free, 'help us with feedback' EA, sure, it is what it is, but at this point, it's just a sham.
They know that on release with what BL still is currently will get exactly the same result as it does/did on the EA release as the same 'core' issues with the game are present.

Absolutely right. It would hurt TW's reputation, it would also hurt the MP community and modding community for "full release" to be announced and when people return they find the game is still incomplete and they lose interest.

Delaying release to make a better product is what we're fine with; delaying because of what the state of the game is currently? 1.7.0 was the last meaningful fix/patch of theirs and that was over half a year ago. At this pace (now over +2 years EA - that we paid for), delaying means nothing if no progress or actual communication is put forward.
If TW was still an indie company and these last 2 years was just an open, free, 'help us with feedback' EA, sure, it is what it is, but at this point, it's just a sham.
They know that on release with what BL still is currently will get exactly the same result as it does/did on the EA release as the same 'core' issues with the game are present.
Our criticism is best used for the rate of progress rather than the lack of declaring release. Ultimately, declaring release early does nothing other than waste the potential of the announcement to bring people back to the community.

Plenty of modders still won't want to mod the game if it's a ****show regardless of if it's called released or not. Patches will still need to come out post-release, which will still break mods. Ultimately, declaring release early will not help modding.

Back
Top Bottom