[Q&A] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Just want to know - where is the diplomacy skill? Has it been removed? IF yes, what can I do to improve my necromancy?

efilist said:
Just want to know - where is the diplomacy skill? Has it been removed? IF yes, what can I do to improve my necromancy?

Necromancy skill is no longer something the player can change.  It gets set by script to 7 if you start game as a Necromancer.
There is a script to "fix" player attempts to edit this via text editor.  Other than this the player is no longer able to create necromancers from his party by spending skill points at companions. The good news is at least players taking the hit on relations with other factions and becoming undead race, with a hit on healing, get what would otherwise have been at least 5 if not 7 skill points needed in the old system to reach equivalent necromancy skill, plus no longer needing 21 intelligence to have spent those skills to 7, plus the brackets for what menu choices are opened at necromancy 7 are softened (more specialized undead available as are shadows now) plus shadows have less hit point requirement of the player before showing at menu.
  standard rant here:
  I am widely hated for bothering to lock down necromancers AT ALL but actually I unchained them - perhaps too much.  Regardless, its my mod of a mod, and I do as I wish.  Players can go play Guspav's mod, which I left on NexusMods at  https://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/6194?tab=files
or get Guspav to make a necromancy mod "their" way - except Gudspav had necromancers considerably weaker, so you'd have to convince him to use at least some of my changes.  I'd let HIM use my source but not anyone else, at least without asking me directly.  HE is welcome to use my source, even if that makes a substantially same mod as "Phantasy 2018".  Its not like I intend to do nothing in the future.  This was and remains a transition to some other mod, that happened to have kept the look and feel of Phantasy Calradia because I have no particular desire to remake items, factions, map, or party_templates, nor for that matter the spell visual effects and icons.  The rest was rebuilt, but I don't feel married to it.  It can go or stay as it wishes.  I'll eventually make something that does not have a look and feel similar to Guspav to help clarify what I do and don't feel obliged to maintain or somehow not touch as a responsibility to any community.  As it stands Guspav has access to the code, and is encouraged to use it however he needs to in the future, so long as that doesn't involve giving it to another mod.  There are already several mods with magic; this one happens to be an early and mostly successful case, but it is by no means the only one.  It is a very cool mod, or at least Guspav's implementation was very smooth.  I'm a little tired of having only one class in the mod though.

Whoops I meant necromancy, sorry. You got it anyway, obviously. Thanks for the answer, sounds cool.

You can still become a lich, right?

EDIT: I see you have undead skin even if you choose Magi region for example(when having necromancer as a primary class) I don't get it.

efilist said:
Whoops I meant necromancy, sorry. You got it anyway, obviously. Thanks for the answer, sounds cool.

You can still become a lich, right?

EDIT: I see you have undead skin even if you choose Magi region for example(when having necromancer as a primary class) I don't get it.

Necromancer class selection now overrides skin; necromancers are always now liches.
  If I could manage to do anything else to discourage your necromancy I would, but its set to the right difficulty now.  It used to be too OP
and really whats the point of playing a God mode class?

Not sure if i'm on the right topic but something is bothering me.

I've decided to start as an adventurer who became king but the thing that bothers me is that u have the same stats as if u started the game normal way.U were an adventurer and u did become a king so i went and exported character to edit stats (nothing 2 crazy)  but  it seems i can't find the right balance to edit stats.

If u were to make it so that u start with some higher stats, what would the numbers be? (skills, attributed, renown can't decide between 500 or 800)
I know this is a tricky question since i didn't make starting choices a consideration.

PS: Having 4 of the greedy lords sucks :sad: .. (giving property to anyone but them decreases  relationship) and also Count Stamar's name is King Stamar if a player chooses to start as a king?

KFCwatermelon said:
I've decided to start as an adventurer who became king but the thing that bothers me is that u have the same stats as if u started the game normal way.U were an adventurer and u did become a king so i went and exported character to edit stats (nothing 2 crazy)  but  it seems i can't find the right balance to edit stats.

originally that OSP stated that you never really knew your father and so had no special added education, but one day you were informed that he had passed and left you.. a kingdom.  Nobody is putting a gun to your head making you choose king; it's just a minor feature that may/may not be of interest.

I am suspicious that the way a "Count" becomes a "King" is there isn't defined a set of strings for all the player kingdom titles, like there are for other factions, so the closest it could find for "count" was king/queen.  I don't have time to chase it down.  I suggest you either deal with it quietly or dont be king, at least not during the rest of this month.  I made Warsword Conquest wait 2 years for their update; I've been more lenient here.  Please be thankful for what little works instead of upset over what little does not.  Some of the value of working on another mod right now is to bring back code I had stopped using and to rework sections neither mod had seen in the past.  Even today that happened, and I can share it next month, as part of a new series.  In the mean time, a fair number of things still work, which is better than for example December or January (or March, or April.. etc) has been around here.

It's me again with a two  short questions:

1) Is the devil companion special in any way or is he just a normal companion? By special i mean does he have some hidden features? Was thinking
    about making him a lord of a castle.

2) Where do u get troops called Vedmak? I rescued 1 of them from a patrol or a castle (can't remeber) but i can't seem to find them anywhere again.

KFCwatermelon said:
It's me again with a two  short questions:

1) Is the devil companion special in any way or is he just a normal companion? By special i mean does he have some hidden features? Was thinking
    about making him a lord of a castle.

2) Where do u get troops called Vedmak? I rescued 1 of them from a patrol or a castle (can't remeber) but i can't seem to find them anywhere again.

1) if you have NPC complaints enabled then all your good companions will leave one by one if you have ever added the demon companion to your party, even if you fire him.  They are quite silent about why they're leaving.  Other than that he is not very special.

2) Vedmak is a special troop belonging to Vaegirs.  They are spell casters wearing light, powerful armor, making them roughly equivalent to Djinn for Sarranids.

gsanders said:
Ntsi said:
Hi, gentlemen, I have a question. Is it possible to increase the map approximation in AD 1257 somehow? I am sorry for grammar.

I do not understand your question.  You want to make a bigger map in the mod 1257?  The map is made larger by changing the module.ini file
In this mod, which is NOT 1257 AD, the map corners are set by
map_min_x  = -400
map_max_x  =  400
map_min_y  = -300
map_max_y  =  300

I don't know what they would be for the mod 1257.  Once you change the edges you then need to edit the map yourself with Thorgrim's map editor, which in itself is a huge problem and would take many man weeks to make a map, if you ever were successful.  Most people try and fail.  The map tools in Warband are extremely primitive and crash constantly.  You could look up Swyter's map tool in the forge, and see if that crashed less.  It's my expectation that working day and night, minimum 10 hours per day, you could make a useable map within about 100 hours.  This is the main reason why I don't have a new map -- that much time could have been spent making huge progress in code, or it could have made 1 map, possibly not very well.

I know nothing about the mod 1257 so you should go to that forum to ask, not here.

When you zoom out and zoom in on the map, but the zoom is too small. Everything with the help of scrolls of course.

Ntsi said:
gsanders said:
Ntsi said:
Hi, gentlemen, I have a question. Is it possible to increase the map approximation in AD 1257 somehow? I am sorry for grammar.
  I know nothing about the mod 1257 so you should go to that forum to ask, not here.

When you zoom out and zoom in on the map, but the zoom is too small. Everything with the help of scrolls of course.

I've never run 1257 AD mod.
  I don't have their source code, although I'm told it exists.
  I expect the map is too big so that scroll factor is not as big an impact as mods with smaller maps.

Other than that, the correct place to ask is:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,83060.0.html

I notice it is not even a Warband mod, but for Mount & Blade (not Warband), so the way zoom is handled may be different.

Even if this WAS a problem for _MY_ mod, I'm too busy to research it this month; and I have no specific interest.  Probably not next month either.  After that I don't even know if I will have time to mod, as work has an issue that will impact my time after 30 days from now.  You need to ask the right place.  A new mod takes many days to navigate through its changes; I just can't afford many days loss of focus for something that doesn't impact my mod.

Hey gsanders, long time no see! I'm currently playing as a lord of Ridas Magocracy. I captured a castle from the Dwarves whom we're at war with., and despite my requesting the fief, it was given to someone else. Now, almost a month later, there is still no garrison. How long until the castle gets stocked with troops?

Do the human and new good factions ever declare war on each other?  Like none of the original factions have ever gone to war with each other in the game I'm playing now.  They seem to only fight the Orcs, Drow and undead no matter how far away they are.  Exceptions being the mages that declare war on the Dwarfs and Priest, but to far to really do much other than take that one castle.

Mace to Face said:
Do the human and new good factions ever declare war on each other?  Like none of the original factions have ever gone to war with each other in the game I'm playing now.  They seem to only fight the Orcs, Drow and undead no matter how far away they are.  Exceptions being the mages that declare war on the Dwarfs and Priest, but to far to really do much other than take that one castle.

They do fight each other after about 180 days IF you are not running an old version.  It should be at least P5 in series v150 or B3 in series 156.
Those are each about 2 months old. Anything older than that isn't as interested in fighting each other.

Mace to Face said:
Okay, I think I am just at 180 days in my first game.
As you have probably noticed the evil factions are very powerful and aggressive so if the normal factions were to war with each other from the start I could see things getting out of hand.

Hey quick question,

Is there a way to export/import Padubast? I've noticed hes not in the Export/import NPC option.

Edit: just realized i can do this in companion overview.

Is there a way to turn the textures back to normal? Trees, ground, etc. Or at least a way to optimize the trees since my computer sucks ass and those trees ain't helping.

Edit: found out that I can get rid of trees by editing my module.ini file. If anyone knows and wants to help me disabling polished landscapes and realistic colors I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Edit2: Quick Question, are tournaments disabled? I keep seeing lords hosting feasts but I can't see the option to join. (even though the arena grandmaster says theres a tournament taking place).

Mighty! said:
Is there a way to turn the textures back to normal? Trees, ground, etc. Or at least a way to optimize the trees since my computer sucks ass and those trees ain't helping.

Edit: found out that I can get rid of trees by editing my module.ini file. If anyone knows and wants to help me disabling polished landscapes and realistic colors I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Edit2: Quick Question, are tournaments disabled? I keep seeing lords hosting feasts but I can't see the option to join. (even though the arena grandmaster says theres a tournament taking place).

depends on which version you run.  At one point I got tired of hearing how broken they were and threatened that I can turn off access at the menu level so that anyone not serious doesnt have another reason to take a swing at me.  If you really promise to not complain, try turning on cheat mode just before entering town to do your tournament, but if you find ANYTHING you don't like, I don't want to hear about it.  You can manage to play a mod without tournaments, or you can shrug and say its not finished enough as alpha games go (1 day less than 1 year old etc).  In any case, I'm out of time now.  I'll maybe get to it later in the summer, but maybe not.  I can no longer see my future, so anything like a roadmap at this point is BS.  It happens if it happens.

gsanders said:
Mighty! said:

depends on which version you run.  At one point I got tired of hearing how broken they were and threatened that I can turn off access at the menu level so that anyone not serious doesnt have another reason to take a swing at me.  If you really promise to not complain, try turning on cheat mode just before entering town to do your tournament, but if you find ANYTHING you don't like, I don't want to hear about it.  You can manage to play a mod without tournaments, or you can shrug and say its not finished enough as alpha games go (1 day less than 1 year old etc).  In any case, I'm out of time now.  I'll maybe get to it later in the summer, but maybe not.  I can no longer see my future, so anything like a roadmap at this point is BS.  It happens if it happens.

No problem man, I'm not swinging at you for doing something amazing for free. I should hit my self instead for not playing this sooner. I'm running the latest version available (that I know of) 1.156b10. Thanks for the answer.

Back
Top Bottom