Q&A about Bannerlord with Taleworlds Developer mexxico / Updated

Users who are viewing this thread

1-Its not good removing some familiar quests or used features which your previous game has. Of course it is good to remove not used ones. Its good to keep some famous quests like "nervous man" or a liked soundtrack from previous game or a popular dialog.
2-Using town / castle / village scenes for different purposes is more important than we think. Player should spend time there somehow. Its good adding more usage to these scenes which spent tons of efforts. Its good for player to spend time at different parts of game (40% campaign map, 25% settlement scenes, 25% battle scenes, 10% menus).
3-Its so important game should allow different play styles (warrior / trader / roguery). It increases replayibility. Different play styles should be balanced player should not be forced to play same all time.
4-Dialogs are more important than we think. Player should feel himself as a well known lord (if he is lord) or king (if he is king) while playing.
5-Having characters with different personalities is one of the key things otherwise you feel everyone in world same and everthing becomes predictable and it decreases gameplay.
6-Its good giving more control to player, even it is sandbox world leaving player without any control over world is not welcomed. You can hide these things even at dialogs if you do not want them to be easily seen by player.

Its hard to give a full list but these are mostly underlined things. Of course there are more. I see these things already underlined in forums too. These are actually seem like list for M&B series but actually it is not only for M&B. When you analysis these things you get the point what players really want. Even you make a board game you can use these feedbacks to make a better game. Its hard to tell this situation in English (language barrier). Anyway lets stop discussion here because unfortunately we will not be able to give you a record of this QA with subtatle for long time, this post should go down. Sorry for this.
Thanks for the reply. Very interesting and I think those points are all super important for the game and the future.

@mexxico

Could you say that if the team in general has learned from the interview? Probably they watched too, can you say that some directions will be change and some areas will be heard more on feedbacks from the player? Your area of expertise I know you changed a lot

It is not watched by anyone. We just made a talk with players. Unfortunately I cannot say something will change. You know situation. However maybe in future it will be listened but as I said we are informed about not to make that kind of records public.

Last edited:
It is not watched by anyone. We just made a talk with players. Unfortunately I cannot say something will change. You know situation. However maybe in future it will be listened but as I said we are informed about not to make that kind of records public.
got it, thanks, have a nice weekend

What a pity that the video is not getting released (although I understand the reasons). I had a Turkish course at university just for fun and the credit points and would have tried to watch it in original language. :geek:

1-Its not good removing some familiar quests or used features which your previous game has. Of course it is good to remove not used ones. Its good to keep some famous quests like "nervous man" or a liked soundtrack from previous game or a popular dialog.
2-Using town / castle / village scenes for different purposes is more important than we think. Player should spend time there somehow. Its good adding more usage to these scenes which spent tons of efforts. Its good for player to spend time at different parts of game (40% campaign map, 25% settlement scenes, 25% battle scenes, 10% menus).
3-Its so important game should allow different play styles (warrior / trader / roguery). It increases replayibility. Different play styles should be balanced player should not be forced to play same all time.
4-Dialogs are more important than we think. Player should feel himself as a well known lord (if he is lord) or king (if he is king) while playing.
5-Having characters with different personalities is one of the key things otherwise you feel everyone in world same and everthing becomes predictable and it decreases gameplay.
6-Its good giving more control to player, even it is sandbox world leaving player without any control over world is not welcomed. You can hide these things even at dialogs if you do not want them to be easily seen by player.

Its hard to give a full list but these are mostly underlined things. Of course there are more. I see these things already underlined in forums too. These are actually seem like list for M&B series but actually it is not only for M&B. When you analysis these things you get the point what players really want. Even you make a board game you can use these feedbacks to make a better game. Its hard to tell this situation in English (language barrier). Anyway lets stop discussion here because unfortunately we will not be able to give you a record of this QA with subtatle for long time, this post should go down. Sorry for this.
HERO! Five. Hour. Interview...

I love it, even if language barrier didnt allow me to participate. These five points are a great takeaway. If TW just keeps working at it and emphasized this here, Bannerlord could shape up nicely.

Last edited:
Interesting information and another welcome exchange of views.
Perhaps Taleworlds management can be asked for permission to release the video in some shape, possibly censoring some stuff and labeling it "unofficial" for their legal purposes. The players are literally begging for material like this.
It may also convince Taleworlds to release some kind of official statement of their own (like a new dev blog) to steer the narrative about the game's state in their favor.

Actually what I am doing is not much, just doing my job but I am just lucky and my parts are at visible part of the iceberg.
ohDKCIO.jpg

In my opinion you´re doing more than your job. You´re speaking with us, listening to us and telling us WHY (!) stuff is happening or not.

I mean you are even posting stuff on the weekend here, I´m pretty sure that you don´t have to do this.

And that´s the problem, you´re like the only guy from TW we can speak to and have the feeling that someone is listening.

But you´re right, the guys behind all the stuff also deserve some kudos, like you mentioned, all those artists guys/girls and so on.

I don´t care that much about graphics and stuff like this, I wouldn´t have played Warband until the release of Bannerlord if I do. But of course this is also important. The thing is, if an artist releases a "broken" armor it just looks like ****, but if there is some broken thing like the smithing stuff everyone notices and it has an impact on the gameplay.

I guess most of us just want to understand why stuff is happening or not happening. And you´re doing an amazing job on this part.

Often people say "But when they say that X won´t happen they get flamed" but that isn´t the case. We just want to be involved.

We all love the game, that´s why we are here. We just want to become Bannerlord the best game in it´s niche genre.

Sure TW needs to make money to keep going and pay all the staff. But always remember where you come from.

So, thanks to all of you!

Last edited:

Mexico thank you so much for listening, just knowing you acknowledge all of these things we care so much about makes me very hopeful or at least listened to, this list you've made is everything I want Bannerlord to improve into, I'm glad you got it so right

Mexico thank you so much for listening, just knowing you acknowledge all of these things we care so much about makes me very hopeful or at least listened to, this list you've made is everything I want Bannerlord to improve into, I'm glad you got it so right
What you said, that's exactly what the community wanted TW to know, glad Mexxico finally understood the position of most people here whom loves this series and want to see it succeed and be a worthy successor of warband just like the later was from M&B classic :grin:

Otra vez lo digo con mas razon, quien pinga maneja esta compañía. Sos son mas que idiotas.

Thank you for everything you do Mexxico.

Back
Top Bottom