Q&A about Bannerlord with Taleworlds Developer mexxico / Updated

Users who are viewing this thread

Update:

it is a 5 hour long record, i had to render that record before i upload it to youtube. (because I recorded sounds separately ) (unedited-raw footage, also the video is not public ). Now we will delete the parts that should not be in that Video. We are still disgussing which parts should stay and which should needs to be deleted. I think it is the first interview that made by players that knows the game and asked meaningfull questions (Maybe there could be 1-2 unnecessary things that i asked i dont know) But we speaked a lot, We couldn't asked all of the questions but i bealive mexxico answered all of the Questions he could answer. The interview is like a chat that you make with your friends.

5 hours of footage is very long to translate. I dont know if we could Translate all the parts of the video to english but probably we could translate most necessary parts and make a video from that parts for non-Turkish speaking users.
(Learn Turkish if you want to learn more about mexxico :grin: ).

but probably some of us will share here some questions that answered in our interview with Mexxico in written form before we publish that video in to the public.

Last edited:
They don't, especially considering he does all of this on his own time.

If mex is muzzled they will be shooting themselves in the foot with the community, I know my opinion on the company will forever be tarnished.

Also I doubt management will even see anything considering they don't come here anymore.
LOL you're probably right, no wait that's not funny that sux. :neutral:

They don't, especially considering he does all of this on his own time.

If mex is muzzled they will be shooting themselves in the foot with the community, I know my opinion on the company will forever be tarnished.

Also I doubt management will even see anything considering they don't come here anymore.
Mexxico seems to be one of the only guys from TW that really care about us or the game.

And I´m very thankful for his attitude and appreciate all his work and effort, even in his free time, he puts into the game / forum.

Every company should be thankful to have a dev like him. Also every community should be thankful to have a dev like him.

Thanks Mexxico!

images-1-1.jpg

Thanks for your nice comments. Actually what I am doing is not much, just doing my job but I am just lucky and my parts are at visible part of the iceberg. If some guy at engine team / art team / test team works more than me you cannot feel it because what they do are not that visible even they do huge improvements. So campaign programmers are just more lucky. So I am passing your compliments to all team whose works are not that visible. Without them any one dev is nothing.

Actually we made a long Q&A with our 8 different hardcore players which play M&B series since first Mount & Blade days. We discussed every aspect of game detailed with all pros and cons. In some areas I could not answer questions because they were out of my expertise. Then in these parts players discussed with each other. It was very strange how detailed information they have about game. Also most of these players did their mods previously or currently doing a mod.

It took 5 hours long. Unfortunately it was at Turkish and translating it is very big and hard job. Also more than translating issue we have one another problem. This was a Q&A without a permission from company. You know me, I can talk negative about some issues which probably would not be welcomed. I tried to be objective. Like every other company in world TW is doing something good and something bad. It is so normal. There is no perfect company in world. So we talked about all pros and cons openly and made critisism in some parts. I think critisism is always good if you do not listen them in long term you always lose. I see so many examples of this in life. Anyway last midweek there were some announcements we heard and they told us to not to make these interviews without permissions. So publishing it is risky for me. Even we did this interview for sake of game and it has tons of good useful feedback for TW it is good to keep it to us for now. Thanks for your all questions.

It was really nice to talk with such impressive group which consist of players which have great knowledge from all details of game. Other previously done Q&As I watched there was usually one broadcaster who has less knowledge from game. What we did was different because broadcasters was our hardcore players and it was a different experience. Also it was so good for me talking 5 hours with players to develop myself about understanding what is important for players.

Last edited:
Guy should get a statue, companion or castle build in his honor in-game :party:
Hah! +1. I might have to learn how to mod just to add in a statue scene depicting him at a round table discussion with my my favorite forum users.

Thanks for the work to all involved, I am looking forward to watching with subtitles :smile:

giphy.gif

:lol: very understandable, maybe after EA is done it could be released

Yes after EA maybe. By the way I saw your question about which games I play other than Bannerlord. Here is what I prefer other than Bannerlord :

aAUl0.jpg

This is my board game room. I am a board game player more than PC player in my spare time. If any of you wish we can open a game (I prefer Puerto Rico, Tzolkin, Terra Mystica, Stone Age, Troyes, Carcassone, 7 Wonders Duel) at Board Game Arena.

Holy smokes that looks like the Hobby Shops i used to go into as a kid -impressive. Good to know thats your backround and mindset as a game developer thats a pretty rich resource base to have

Yes after EA maybe. By the way I saw your question about which games I play other than Bannerlord. Here is what I prefer other than Bannerlord :

aAUl0.jpg

This is my board game room. I am a board game player more than PC player in my spare time. If any of you wish we can open a game (I prefer Puerto Rico, Tzolkin, Terra Mystica, Stone Age, Troyes, Carcassone, 7 Wonders Duel) at Board Game Arena.
This looks like you own a board game shop, nice :grin:

At least the MTG (Magic the Gathering) Shops I played had a wall like that.

You also have doubles? Ticket to ride (eng) and Zug um Zug (ger) are the same game or?

This looks like you own a board game shop, nice :grin:

At least the MTG (Magic the Gathering) Shops I played had a wall like that.

You also have doubles? Ticket to ride (eng) and Zug um Zug (ger) are the same game or?

They are different expansions of Ticket To Ride game. For example one of them is Nordic Countries expansion and it is good for 2-3 players. Default Ticket to Ride base game is best for 4-5 players. If we decide to play with my wife we are just 2 players then we should play Nordic countries expansion. If we are playing with a friend group we should prefer normal Ticket to Ride or Europe expansion.

Last edited:

aAUl0.jpg

Wow that is impressive man! Thank you for showing us

aAUl0.jpg

that's cool, I see the chess game! Would be good to have in bannerlord too... the more board games the better, and bannerlord could use at least 2 more (the empire!)

@mexxico, could you tell us a few things that you learned from the interview?

(Maybe just an idea or two that the interview gave you?)

1-Its not good removing some familiar quests or used features which your previous game has. Of course it is good to remove not used ones. Its good to keep some famous quests like "nervous man" or a liked soundtrack from previous game or a popular dialog.
2-Using town / castle / village scenes for different purposes is more important than we think. Player should spend time there somehow. Its good adding more usage to these scenes which spent tons of efforts. Its good for player to spend time at different parts of game (40% campaign map, 25% settlement scenes, 25% battle scenes, 10% menus).
3-Its so important game should allow different play styles (warrior / trader / roguery). It increases replayibility. Different play styles should be balanced player should not be forced to play same all time.
4-Dialogs are more important than we think. Player should feel himself as a well known lord (if he is lord) or king (if he is king) while playing.
5-Having characters with different personalities is one of the key things otherwise you feel everyone in world same and everthing becomes predictable and it decreases gameplay.
6-Its good giving more control to player, even it is sandbox world leaving player without any control over world is not welcomed. You can hide these things even at dialogs if you do not want them to be easily seen by player.

Its hard to give a full list but these are mostly underlined things. Of course there are more. I see these things already underlined in forums too. These are actually seem like list for M&B series but actually it is not only for M&B. When you analysis these things you get the point what players really want. Even you make a board game you can use these feedbacks to make a better game. Its hard to tell this situation in English (language barrier). Anyway lets stop discussion here because unfortunately we will not be able to give you a record of this QA with subtatle for long time, this post should go down. Sorry for this.

Last edited:
@mexxico

Could you say that if the team in general has learned from the interview? Probably they watched too, can you say that some directions will be change and some areas will be heard more on feedbacks from the player? Your area of expertise I know you changed a lot

Back
Top Bottom