Q&A about Bannerlord with Taleworlds Developer mexxico / Updated

Users who are viewing this thread

Errayn

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Last Update:

Thanks for your nice comments. Actually what I am doing is not much, just doing my job but I am just lucky and my parts are at visible part of the iceberg. If some guy at engine team / art team / test team works more than me you cannot feel it because what they do are not that visible even they do huge improvements. So campaign programmers are just more lucky. So I am passing your compliments to all team whose works are not that visible. Without them any one dev is nothing.

Actually we made a long Q&A with our 8 different hardcore players which play M&B series since first Mount & Blade days. We discussed every aspect of game detailed with all pros and cons. In some areas I could not answer questions because they were out of my expertise. Then in these parts players discussed with each other. It was very strange how detailed information they have about game. Also most of these players did their mods previously or currently doing a mod.

It took 5 hours long. Unfortunately it was at Turkish and translating it is very big and hard job. Also more than translating issue we have one another problem. This was a Q&A without a permission from company. You know me, I can talk negative about some issues which probably would not be welcomed. I tried to be objective. Like every other company in world TW is doing something good and something bad. It is so normal. There is no perfect company in world. So we talked about all pros and cons openly and made critisism in some parts. I think critisism is always good if you do not listen them in long term you always lose. I see so many examples of this in life. Anyway last midweek there were some announcements we heard and they told us to not to make these interviews without permissions. So publishing it is risky for me. Even we did this interview for sake of game and it has tons of good useful feedback for TW it is good to keep it to us for now. Thanks for your all questions.

It was really nice to talk with such impressive group which consist of players which have great knowledge from all details of game. Other previously done Q&As I watched there was usually one broadcaster who has less knowledge from game. What we did was different because broadcasters was our hardcore players and it was a different experience. Also it was so good for me talking 5 hours with players to develop myself about understanding what is important for players.

Hello everyone,
in Taleworlds Turkish Forum @mexxico recently said let's talk about Bannerlord or the general game world with 4-5 people on discord, while discussing how to do it, we thought it would be better for everyone to ask questions instead of 4-5 people and we chose another way. We will share a google form with you, anyone can enter and ask as many questions as they want. In order to be as productive as possible, we tried to collect people with different interests, we are 8 people. These are: @sniparsexe @Bloc @scarface52 @Neyzen Tevfik @HyperCharge @Lucon @Rumil and @dijiTurk We will forward your questions to mexxico and discuss the answers with him. These conversations will be recorded and uploaded to different platforms. Unfortunately it will be in Turkish, later we will try to add subtitles to a video or we will post questions and answers to the forum in written form for those who do not want to listen.

By the way, parts such as multiplayer, game engine, background, scenes, animations in-war agent artificial intelligence are not my field. In particular, economy / commerce, campaign AI, recruitment dynamics, troops xp acquisition and upgrade mechanics of troops, war peace mechanics and decisions, snowballing problem (i.e. a kingdom getting too strong), mercenary clans and their entry/exit into kingdoms and use for the player, We can discuss around kingdom changes (kingdom policies), changes of in-game variables (prosperity, militia, hearth, food, loyality, security) and how they affect each other, the difficulties faced by the player in the game and possible solutions to them, what are the mechanics that connect the player to the game, etc.

You may not be limited to Bannerlord, you can ask questions about game development and even life, Taleworlds business environment, our previous project (Warband) and the projects I was developing before Taleworlds (Umaykut, İstila) or even whatever you want. We want to do something different, so let's not have something similar to other classic questions and answers, and aim to have a conversation. After all, you end users are people who have been writing on the same platform who have known each other for years, even if you do not meet face to face, this may be a means to bring you together, maybe some of you will stay in touch after this conversation. In this context, let's create an environment different from other free questions and answers. I hope it will be an enjoyable broadcast that we will return to and listen to from time to time in the future.

Multiplayer, oyun motoru, art, sahneler, animasyonlar savaş içi agent yapay zekası gibi kısımlar benim alanım değil bu arada. Özellikle ekonomi / ticaret, campaign AI, asker toplama dinamikleri, troopların xp kazanımı ve troopların upgrade olma mekanikleri, savaş barış mekanikleri ve kararları, snowballing sorunu (yani bir krallığın çok güçlenmesi), mercenary klanlar ve onların krallıklara girip çıkması ve oyuncu tarafından kullanılması, klanların krallık değiştirmeleri, oyun içi değişkenlerin (prosperity, militia, hearth, yiyecek, loyality, güvenlik) değişimleri ve birbirini etkilemeleri, oyuncunun oyunda karşılaştığı zorluklar ve onlara olası çözümler, oyunu eğlenceli yapan oyuncuyu oyuna bağlayan mekanikler nelerdir vs çevresinde tartışabiliriz.

Bir de Bannerlord ile sınırlı kalmayabilirsiniz, oyun geliştirme ve hatta hayattan, Taleworlds iş ortamından, önceki projemizden (Warband) ve Taleworlds öncesi gelişiminde olduğum projelerden (Umaykut, İstila) hatta canınız ne istiyorsa ondan sorular sorabilirsiniz. Zaten farklı bir şey yapmak için yola çıktık yani klasik diğer soru cevaplara benzeyen bir şey olmasın muhabbet ortamı olsun amaç. Sonuçta burada siz son kullanıcılar yıllardır birbirini tanıyan aynı platformda yazan insanlarsınız yüz yüze karşılaşmasanız da bu sizi de bir araya getirmeye vesile olsun belki bazılarınız bu sohbetten sonra da iletişimde kalır. Bu bağlamda özgür diğer soru cevaplardan farklı bir ortam yaratalım. Gelecekte de ara ara dönüp dinleyeceğimiz keyifli bir yayın olur umarım.

Google Forms link, https://forms.gle/TmeBx22kQZHAmd9v8 (Please write your questions on this Link, not on this topic)

It will be held on January 31 at 6 pm (CET), we cannot answer questions entered after that hour.

Let's not go without specifying again, Mexico's field is artificial intelligence and general balancing in the Campaing Map, not Multiplayer, game engine, art, scenes, animations or in-war agent artificial intelligence.

it was a 5 hour long record, i had to render that record before i upload it to youtube. (because I recorded sounds separately ) (unedited-raw footage, also the video is not public ). Now we will delete the parts that should not be in that Video. We are still disgussing which parts should stay and which should needs to be deleted. I think it is the first interview that made by players that knows the game and asked meaningfull questions (Maybe there could be 1-2 unnecessary things that i asked i dont know) But we speaked a lot, We couldn't asked all of the questions but i bealive mexxico answered all of the Questions he could answer. The interview is like a chat that you make with your friends.

5 hours of footage is very long to translate. I dont know if we could Translate all the parts of the video to english but probably we could translate most necessary parts and make a video from that parts for non-Turkish speaking users.
(Learn Turkish if you want to learn more about mexxico :grin: ).

but probably some of us will share here some questions that answered in our interview with Mexxico in written form before we publish that video in to the public.

Last edited:
I want to underline this, the main point is to have chat and discuss about the game and the overall gaming industry with mexxico, not asking questions and taking answers. So this isn't a total Q&A

I want to underline this, the main point is to have chat and discuss about the game and the overall gaming industry with mexxico, not asking questions and taking answers. So this isn't a total Q&A
I was actually about to send you a message on this. Not sure what language the discussion will be in, if it is in Turkish (my assumption since it was y’all who came up with this and it will be easier for y’all to discuss) could one of you awesome peeps translate after it is over?

I was actually about to send you a message on this. Not sure what language the discussion will be in, if it is in Turkish (my assumption since it was y’all who came up with this and it will be easier for y’all to discuss) could one of you awesome peeps translate after it is over?
yeah we will translate the questions & answers part and post it to forums

These conversations will be recorded and uploaded to different platforms. Unfortunately it will be in Turkish, later we will try to add english subtitles to a video or we will post questions and answers to the forum in written form for those who do not want to listen.

Little bit remind for our community, we will do live stream Taleworlds devs. as Sight... We have a nice quests for stream like:

Gökçen Karaağaç - Design Team Lead
Hakan Soyözen - Campaign Programmer
Marda Gündüz - Communications & Community Support

Stream will be Turkish but feel free for ask your questions on stream chat =) stream adress is :

Looks cool. I'm gonna give some questions, the only hard thing is going to be avoiding asking questions he can't answers, or where he can't voice his opinion publicly
it won't be live, so we can cut those parts if he says "I can't answer this", or the community will learn they won't get answers if they ask that question

Great initiative, hopefully the answers and information will be given in a straightforward manner, even if some of them are something we don't want to hear.

Thanks folks for the step forward and thanks to the devs who participate, these gestures of outreach are always welcome by the community even though it is not a requirement in your contract but an altruistic act that takes extra time.

---
I would prefer that unanswered answers be transcribed in the same way, even if the answer is "I can't talk about it".

Can you open this a bit more?

Because how they answer "we cant answer that because..." matters to us. For instance "we're not allowed to talk about that" is different than "our plans changed, our focus went to consoles so we capped all Diplomacy matters" etc....It ALL matters to us ~ The Starved for Information Public

Back
Top Bottom