python not recognized as an external or internal command.

Users who are viewing this thread

Long time fan first time modder. I'm having issues trying to create a mod. I'm already having issues out of the gate by attempting to make sense of how python and the module system works. I've read the tutorial in this forum about the module system and can't seem to figure it out even after watching videos on Youtube. Every time I run the batch file "build_module". The system32 window says, " 'python' is not recognized as an external or internal command, operable program or batch file." Then at the very bottom it says "Could Not Find (file name and location of the batch file)" despite the fact that I'm running the batch file in the folder that it says it can't find. I've spent the last 3 hours attempting to create a proper path for Python 3.8 and I can't figure the thing out. Help please? Also if this is the wrong forum for this stuff lemme know and I'll move the post.

You may have missed this information: The ModSys does NOT work with any Python newer than 2.x*. Maybe this is your problem...
Check Lumos' documentation for more info.
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,240255.msg5750047.html#msg5750047

Ok. New issue with the mod. So. I'm working on a mod for our beloved Mount and Blade that separates the kingdoms into more specific cultural blocks based geography and time period (Like creating troops and kingdoms that separate Byzantine armor styles from later Turkish armor styles) as well as over-hauling some of the economy. I want to use the Floris scripts as a base to start from but the module system only allows me to compile files based on the Native game into my Floris based module folder. How do I get the compiler in the module system folder to allow me to edit the code from the Floris mod pack? I've been attempting to convert the scripts.txt file in my Floris based module folder in my game directory into a module_scripts.py file in my module_system 1.171 folder essentially I can't get it to work. I need help. Please may I have help?  :dead:

Visit the Floris section and download it from there. They provide the source code (modsys) for Floris. Read the instructions on how to setup from there as well.

That is the same for any other module. You need their source, not Native source from TW. Some mods are public like Floris, while others are not.

Same apply to the others games like Viking Conquest (VC) or Fire & Sword (MBF&S). You need to download the source they provide.

Is there a tutorial that descries the basics of mod making and editing in Warband? I'm now having issues with my build_module.batch file not recognizing my variables.txt file despite the fact that I'm literally looking right at the file in question yet when I run the batch file it says something like "variables.txt not found, creating new variables.txt file" then a bunch of gibberish about individual module_whatever.py files.

Yes, visit the tutorial section

For variables.txt you need to manually copy it from your modules folder to your source folder. But that is only required for save game compatibility. If that is not a worry, it’s optional. That step will preserve the global variables stored in a save file. Otherwise it can easily corrupt your old saves.

I've still been attempting to use my Build_Floris_Expanded batch to place the txt file in my module folder so I can begin making my own modifications to the game and near the very end of the build operation it says something like what ccllnply was going though on the 2.3 Dev Suite forum.

ccllnply said:
Duh said:
What does your compiler say? Do you happen to have Win7?

I do have Windows 7

I just ran the complier and this is what it said

Compiling Floris Expanded Mod Pack to a custom directory
Start Processing...

Initializing...
Compiling all global variables...
Exporting strings...
Exporting skills...
Exporting tracks...
Exporting animations...
Exporting meshes...
Exporting sounds...
Exporting skins...
Exporting map icons...
Exporting faction data...
Exporting item data...
Exporting scene data...
Exporting troops data
Exporting particle data...
Exporting scene props...
Exporting tableau materials data...
Exporting presentations...
Exporting party_template data...
Exporting parties
Exporting quest data...
Exporting info_page data...
Exporting scripts...
Exporting mission_template data...
Exporting game menus data...
exporting simple triggers...
exporting triggers...
exporting dialogs...
Checking global variable usages...
Imported 30 global variables for saved-game compatability that are not used.
Exporting postfx_params...
Exporting flora data...
Exporting ground_spec data...
Exporting skyboxes...

Copying source files to internal directory...
Moving source files to custom mod directory...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "other_files_custom.py", line 56, in <module>
    shutil.move("./actions.txt",export_dir_main + "./Modules/" + export_dir_cust
om + "./actions.txt")
  File "C:\Python27\lib\shutil.py", line 299, in move
    copy2(src, real_dst)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\shutil.py", line 128, in copy2
    copyfile(src, dst)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\shutil.py", line 83, in copyfile
    with open(dst, 'wb') as fdst:
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:/Program Files/Mount&Blade Warb
and/./Modules/./Native/./actions.txt'
        1 file(s) moved.

All Finished ...
Cleaning up...

Script processing has ended.
Press any key to exit. . .

except instead of;

IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:/Program Files/Mount&Blade Warb
and/./Modules/./Native/./actions.txt'
        1 file(s) moved.

It's more like;

IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: './warrider_logo.dds'
        1 file(s) moved.

Please help. I'm almost literally pulling my hair out of my head in frustration with modding this game. Attempting to learn this stuff is like teaching an written foreign language to a blind person. What is warrider_logo.dds? How do I get the Dev Suite to build and compile or whatever into my custom mod folder?

Back
Top Bottom