Python is fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Zilberfrid

Sergeant Knight
352 lines of code in the first thing I try and it all works! Yay!

Let me state that I have no coding experience since I put away my commodore, and only started learning stuff this night.

Sorry, but this is the tread for this sort of randomness, isn't it?

Code:
sss sssssssssssssssss():
     sssssssss
     sssssssssssss
     sssss
     sssss

sss ssssssssssss(sss,sssss):
     sssssssssssssssss()
     sssssss
     sssssssssssssss

ssssssssssss(ssssssss,ssssssssssss)

python is indeed fun.

I feel like a codemonkey. I started out, meh, let's try something, next thing I know is looking up, seeing a whole lot of code, and feeling very hungry. Kind of like my Baldur's gate experience. I start playing 10 am, play, play play, feel a little hungry, see it'd four o'clock, set out to make lunch, and see it's dark outside... (less disturbing this time, it is only 10pm here, started at 5:15 pm)

Debugging, however is less fun, I got it to work though, it's for my sandboxing/customizable weapons thingy something that asks (in this version, I wanted to see if I can return the variables) what length, taper, fuller, width and quality you want, then returns all the damages, speeds, difficulties and price and weight. One category down, 10 to go, before armour and horses.

How I make it that the model changes, I do not know.

yet

damnit man, I swear you went from regular to knight in like two days.

but more on topic, python is fun. when I edit python I know that nobody else I know can do it (well, none of my friends) and it makes me feel good. although that last part may also be caused by the other thing I'm doing...

From no posts to knight in just over a month, I don't know when I was a regular, but can't have been long.

Please do not inform me what you are doing with the non-coding hand...

I've always wanted to learn programming! Where can I get this Python, does it cost something, are there any tutorials for noobs?! Please, it has been my long lasting dream to make games, and to do so, you kinda have to know how to progam. Help, plz?

Lord Sami said:
I've always wanted to learn programming! Where can I get this Python, does it cost something, are there any tutorials for noobs?! Please, it has been my long lasting dream to make games, and to do so, you kinda have to know how to progam. Help, plz?

In this order: Good!
http://www.python.org/
free
yes, there are, it's listed on the site. If you know a logical approach, it is just as easy as excel.

I tried to teach myself python a while back, gave up because my patience is really really short.

Ruthven said:
python is fun. when I edit python I know that nobody else I know can do it (well, none of my friends) and it makes me feel good. although that last part may also be caused by the other thing I'm doing...

Learn brain**** if you want something no one else can do :razz:

Wouldn't that be extremely painful and dangerous?

Ps. thanks for the links Zilberfrid! Much appreciated. I'll just have to see if I can make any sense out of it...

Back
Top Bottom