PW_No_Rules

Users who are viewing this thread

erennuman_mb said:
Even so, before they can make money, they'll be killed for sure.

Killing people is the best way to make money.

PW could work without rules if people were determined to make a good name for their faction and protect people so that they would join their kingdom, but with all these clans I don't see that happening (*cough* Lannisters *cough*), because they would kill every outsider they meet. Something should be also done to prevent insta-respawn-attack-random-people-on-sight, like a small spawn safezone in a secluded area for a long walk back and increased respawn time.

I keep thinking of a PW with scripted areas where damage cannot be inflicted and attacking is disabled, pretty much leaving the rest of the map outside of that a no man's land unless you say it's your land style would work.

The only rule that would actually be necessary to enforce via adminship would be if a large enough clan like (insert obvious troll faction here) would purposely blockade every spawn point to the max to grief the server.

And even then if the map was edited with this in mind the spawn points would have a minor working economy all to itself.  Capable of producing low tier but effective weapons and armor.  So should a clan commit to this action, they will just be eventually killed and eventually be forced to retreat or lose.

Couple this with limited banks (like 50-100k limits) and a constant blockade simply wouldn't work for too long anyways.  Also the clan would have to spread out between all the different spawn points.  Making it an unmanageable situation.

No more corrupt ****minship and no expectation of adminship except in absolutely necessary cases eliminates... well, the ****ty and corrupt adminships prevalent on most PW servers.

In order to try and fix the economy further, I would have a script where you can sacrifice items to the gods.  Depending on your religion, Pagan, muslim, christian, you would get difference temporary bonuses.  The strength and length of time the bonus would last dependent on how valuable your sacrifice was.  With gold bars obviously giving the biggest bonus.   

Pagans would gain a temporary strength and athletics increase.

Christians would gain a  temporary ironflesh and shield skill increase.

Muslims would gain a temporary increase in Agility, and since the average PW player is apparently too much of a ***** to deal with horse archers, muslims would also gain an athletics increase.

Commoners and outlaws can be any religion they want.

Factions must choose a religion.  Religions for a faction can only be changed by the king as usual.

Instead of money from a fief being spawned in the chest, the money would be split by default evenly through the entire kingdom, except for the king who would receive 25%.  Not really a big deal but the money spawning in chest thing is just stupid and a massive pain in the ass if you pay wages.

I could keep going, but I'm not about to put in the work to try this out and it's mostly because I'm not capable of it, so I'm pretty much pissing in the wind.  But a lot of this is already possible so

tl;dr

1.  Safe zones around spawn points with low tier economy and goods inside it. Able to also make horses up to saddle horse.

2.  50-100k Bank limit.

3.  No rules.

Death should last longer, 1-2 minutes.  After reading Osviux's post I agree an increase respawn time would be beneficial.

I'm trying to think of a system to discourage killing anyone and everyone you see.

Only thing that comes to mind is making you lose your class on death, forcing you to retrain it every time you die.

I fear it becoming repetitive however...

Osviux said:
erennuman_mb said:
Even so, before they can make money, they'll be killed for sure.

Killing people is the best way to make money.

PW could work without rules if people were determined to make a good name for their faction and protect people so that they would join their kingdom, but with all these clans I don't see that happening (*cough* Lannisters *cough*), because they would kill every outsider they meet. Something should be also done to prevent insta-respawn-attack-random-people-on-sight, like a small spawn safezone in a secluded area for a long walk back and increased respawn time.

An admin with godlike and peasant garb could sort that problem out quickly if any group is quite literally preventing anyone from doing anything. Who cares if they whine? I'd rather see people like them whining about being killed for once rather than everyone else whining because the Lannies use their numbers to beat people and ruin the game for everyone who isn't a Lannie (hell, I've seen veteran Lannies grouping up on newbie Lannies, so joining them isn't sure protection lol).

MickDick said:
I'm trying to think of a system to discourage killing anyone and everyone you see.

No need - PW already prevents players from doing that, however when it comes to clans or groups that join with the sole intention of dominating everyone in the server since there's no rules all you can do is ask them to give people a chance so they can have fun too. I believe that's common sense and there doesn't need to be a rule for that, just like there doesn't need to be a rule to explain that things like hacking and constant namecalling aren't allowed.

That's why you implement systems that discourage it, so you don't have to worry about those problems, the situation in the game will solve it by itself.

The average person on the internet does not have common sense.  Even if they do, they don't.

I agree with no rules, but I don't disagree with designing the game to influence player's actions.  Especially when it comes to solving major problems resulting from the very lack of rules.

A perfect Persistent World server (having in mind rules only) would have players make up the rules and players to enforce them, but for that they would need power. It could be fun for all, but only if most players were random strangers, they would then have to forge alliances and friendships, recruit people to their faction to survive (as far as I remember, that's how it was when PW was first released) and one can't do those things if he just randoms everyone. We have Persistent World, but we do not have the people, yeah there's a lot of players on Oasis (pretty sure Oasis owner will see this and write something stupid about his server), but that's not what I meant by lack of people, the Persistent World community is old, people already made friendships, alliances long time ago and houses so they don't have to recruit other people. Only a constant flow of new faces, big enough to shadow existing alliances would do the trick. Besides all that, a server should have a balanced economy, which was ruined by scripts, banking and maps. I hope that Bannerlord will bring these new people and also new possibilities.

It's a good idea. If people would just cooperate and stop being lobotomites, perhaps it would work out. It all depends on how intelligent the community is. This could turn out to be something really great.

RealmHawk said:
It's a good idea. If people would just cooperate and stop being lobotomites, perhaps it would work out. It all depends on how intelligent the community is. This could turn out to be something really great.

Yes. Won't. No. Won't.

Back
Top Bottom