PW Alpha 4 complaints and comments (Poll: Should Alpha 4 be its own mod?)

Should PW alpha be its own Mod?

• Yes!

Votes: 23 53.5%
  • No...

Votes: 20 46.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark_blade

Sergeant at Arms
I strongly belive that Alpha 4 is not and should not remain PW mod. As said by its creator it was made before PW mod was more RP oriented. This said I belive it would be good to have it as it's own mod. I want to know how many people agree. The man who made Alpha did do a great job just it is not the same PW mod I came to love

[size=10pt]Please feel free to post why you think the name should or should not be changes
[/size]

Vornne said:
Background information:

This is an incomplete, buggy, and experimental release of a revised game mode in the spirit of early PW and PW WAR: it was started soon after PW version 2 was released, over six months ago, and was intended to be released as PW version 4. The native module system data was almost entirely removed - leaving only the definitions for a few things like animations, particles, meshes, sounds, and the game credits
Version 3 of PW has tended towards being played less battle oriented, with more prearranged roleplaying, but this version was designed before that became popular, so might not be a very good fit for the current servers,

I think for those non-savvy people it is a bit harder, but for the savvy, the game just got a whole lot more interesting...

Come on guys, just because RP isn't handed to you on a silver platter doesn't mean you can't RP D:

Jah, RP isn't easy... the only time I end up "not RPing" is when someone makes it hard for me to. Like onetime I tryed RPing to teach one of those (noob randomers) how to use a stick merchant. He did not say anything RPwise... and when we figured it was broken and I told him to "live with it" he decided that he didn't like me and quickly buried his hatchet in my skull.

deadeye238 said:
    Jah, RP isn't easy... the only time I end up "not RPing" is when someone makes it hard for me to. Like onetime I tryed RPing to teach one of those (noob randomers) how to use a stick merchant. He did not say anything RPwise... and when we figured it was broken and I told him to "live with it" he decided that he didn't like me and quickly buried his hatchet in my skull.

yeah that happens to me too...... i miss the good old times of PW, i was always a Rebelleader when there was only one kingdom ruling the land and I started many rebellions via RP, that was fun

You are mistaken. Mechanic-wise, it might have looked that way. But community wise, it was completely different.

I miss the good old creative roleplaying, where people roleplayed just for the heck of it, not because they had a goal with it.

The peacfeul roleplayers in V4 just tend to end up as a corpse being looted by some random douche-nugget. The only thing you really can RP is some sort of fighter, or a person that helps other people fight.

No more random lols at goofy roleplay, like when the Fellowship of the Ring all of a sudden ran past us in the town, which ended in Aragon bringing the one ring to mount doom and throwing it down.
No more taverns being crowded with drunk and happy people.
No more bards standing on rooftops.
No more of that charm that made me love Pwmod.

It wasn't always a walk on flowers, but i loved it anyways, because of what it was.

If you try to open a tavern in V4,
1st, there isn't any special gathering place, like the town used to be. So it's likely to be completely empty.
2nd, you probably won't survive for 5 minutes before someone gets insulted at you asking payment for the bed and kill you/robs you.

Everybody is just fighting, or looking for a reason to fight. "You get too close to our castle, die!" or "This ship is now mine, die!" Or as most cases, just "Die!"

It's not something wrong with V4 in itself, but rather with the new community that does nothing but fight and earn money constantly.

A solution for the community problem would be to get a group of friends together and open a private server for when a bunch of you are on and want to RP. Gathering places would be rather easy to make.
Think of solutions, don't bash the incredibly well-made mod. :wink:

Cross and Crescent has been running v3.5 for a while now...
I will say this again: roleplaying can only be accomplished through the community, if that community is unwilling to RP because of the version of the mod, it will not be a RP mod.

Perhaps once we get a new map with a central gathering point it will help bring RP back. I am hearing a lot of the same complaints as with Splints map. To much randoming, to much fighting ect. But to be honest, a lot of fun RP can be had with the new interiors we have. You could be a court bard (although the lack of musical intruments hinders that somewhat, but hey be creative) or even a tailor in the building with clothes. You could be an explorer or treasure hunter (I did that ocne with a nomad vest and torch, it was quite fun) and you could be lord of the rock tribe of the iron island. Honestly there are so many fun random things to do.

Tirok said:
Perhaps once we get a new map with a central gathering point it will help bring RP back. I am hearing a lot of the same complaints as with Splints map. To much randoming, to much fighting ect. But to be honest, a lot of fun RP can be had with the new interiors we have. You could be a court bard (although the lack of musical intruments hinders that somewhat, but hey be creative) or even a tailor in the building with clothes. You could be an explorer or treasure hunter (I did that ocne with a nomad vest and torch, it was quite fun) and you could be lord of the rock tribe of the iron island. Honestly there are so many fun random things to do.

Aye, I miss my minions. The new mod has its pros and cons. I do consider it an improvement over the prior versions for the amount of added features which gives greater opportunity to RP with progression.  One of the most fun parts of the new mod is banding together to survive and progress. The division of castles provides different scenes. I don't really miss the central hub, it never stopped randomers from firing from the roof tops.

That said the mod has become combat centric at times. Rarely is it really a problem. As long as it's not "War on Everyone" or randoming combat can be a very enjoyable addition to the environment.

Deofuta said:
Tirok said:
Come on guys, just because RP isn't handed to you on a silver platter doesn't mean you can't RP D:

Ofcourse not, but certain aspects make RP quite impossible. Like the 0% survival rate of surrendering people, or the 25% chance that an outlaw gets killed on sight because people havn't read the rules...

The only reason you were able to play, for example, a barmaid in V3.5, was because people didn't kill you/rob you constantly, like they do in V4. Also, people played along and came to the tavern and roleplayed themselves.
People used to have quite alot more respect for roleplayers, now it feels like they are more of a source of money for idiots.

I would love to see PW 4 alpha be it's own mod because it looks like someone just threw in some of the old Pw War mod back in. It just is not the same type of game anymore. If you keep the money and ships then put it back to normal you would have an improved PW mod 3.6.

Why cant you have both running at the same time! i hate this new version but i get that some peopel may lie it. There are no servers for old PW :'(

Maybe you should enforce RP. As for randoming in towns, maybe you could try a regular guard force.

Are you guys trying to lower population servers? On Eastcoast I managed to RP a priest of the church, a bandit (As in, actually holding people up for ransom, letting them live, taking hostages, etc), a roving knight, and a couple of other roles. Perhaps its the massive amount of people located on RCC that is squelching the role play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom