SP - General Put more work into how we develop as a character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Ill try to keep this simple and concise.

Attributes should contribute to more than just your skill cap. I feel that attributes should help define your character better by giving some boosts to performing certain tasks, to give incentive to the players to specialize both their character and companions. Right now it does little and even the bonus it does provide to skills is tiny compared to the focus mechanic.

Some Skills level far too slow. Scouting, Leadership, Rogue and Engineer are the worst culprits by far.

Make perks stand out more and have a real impact. 1% to movement speed is hardly what I would call an improvement for hitting 100 Scouting skill and the others are chock full of the same underwhelming perks that need a serious buff. Perks should feel like a milestone for your character, right now they are forgettable.

Make the 200+ perks actually be something special. Right now most of them are a mixed bag of meh and I cannot think of a single one that I must have unlocked.

You mean Vigour doesn't increase our damage and HP?

The skill system seems to be nowhere near as deep as M&B's.... It's one step forward, followed by a backward somersault where you break your neck.

I agree. I'm not even sure how I should be spending my points because the system is a bit of a head-scratcher. Spending points in Vigor seems like a waste because you will likely only be predominantly using 1 of the 3 options (one handed/two handed/polarm). And then Endurance seems to have the best return on investment because it has three skills you will likely be using all of: fighting on horse, fighting on foot and doing some smithing.

Agreed about the perks... A lot of them don't even seem to work right now, but there was one that granted 3% health... is that really the only source of HP? What's 3% going to do when you get 2 or 3 hit to death on realistic damage levels anyway?

Not to mention that this system makes leveling companions extremely difficult.

Can we make a list of all the interesting perks then? Things we’d hope the devs would iterate off of? I picked a few, most have a kernel of something interesting there.

• Concealed Carry – use throwing weapons while entering settlements as a civilian
  • Running Throw – no penalty when throwing weapons while moving
  • Ranger – improved firing of arrows while moving
  • Pushback – pushes back enemies if they block your polearm thrust
  • Multi-hit – +40% damage for every successful secondary hit
  • Shield Bash II – additional 50% shield bash damage
  • Bow Expert – use any bow while on horseback
  • Extra Arrows – +2 arrows in quivers when starting a battle on foot
  • Mighty Blow – bashes and kicks knock enemies down
  • Investigator – tracks are more informative
  • Forced March – bonus speed with high party morale; party member effect
  • One Step Ahead – place all troops before battles; party leader effect
  • Merry Men – recruit bandits to your party instead of killing them; party member effect
  • Combat Tips – small XP boost each day to your party; party member effect
  • Veterans Respect – -15% wages for tier 4-6 troops; party leader effect
  • Disciplinarian – convert bandits into regular troops
  • Traveling Rumors – caravans gather trade rumors and mark item prices relative to the average price
  • Nourish Settlement – x4 settlement prosperity growth while you’re waiting there
  • Imperial Fire – can build fire-throwing versions of siege engines; party member effect

Can we make a list of all the interesting perks then? Things we’d hope the devs would iterate off of? I picked a few, most have a kernel of something interesting there.

Lots of good ones there You brought up for sure, so they are not all bad but the ones that stand out are far and few between.

You mean Vigour doesn't increase our damage and HP?

Honestly if it does increase anything there is no information given that it does.

I think it'd be more interesting if you unlocked perks by performing actions related to them. Keep your troops happy for long enough, you get a perk that helps you keep them happy. Hit enemies with shields enough, you get a perk that gives you a bonus to shield bash. Seriously, why do I have to choose between some of these? There's no logical reason, it's just a brain-dead game mechanic, and not an interesting one.

Love these ideas. They make you work but they actually REWARD the work by giving you a huge bonus

Back
Top Bottom