Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Csatádi

Grandmaster Knight
Summary: The texture of some items don't load on menus. I see magenta-purple colors instead of them. It doesn't appear always.
How to Reproduce: Play the game
Have you used cheats and if so which: -
Scene Name (if related): The party viewer, smithing window, but in the latest version (1.5.10) they appear on notables, too. The textures always load on battle maps and when walking around.
In 1.5.9 it appeared on the shieds of every character in the party viewer.
Media (Screenshots & Video):

Computer Specs:
GPU: geforce 970
GPU Driver Version: 466.27
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SDD

I edited some item stats, no mods.

bl-purple-armor.jpg

bl-purple-shield.jpg

bl-purple-cap.jpg

We believed this issue got fixed with 1.5.10 but it seems It is still happening. Forwarded, thanks! Can you try verifying the game files through Steam and see if the issue still persists? How long was your playthrough in terms of real life hours when you encountered these magenta textures? Were they still there when you load a game?

I saw this issue with 1.5.10 too, for me it was only happening with units in the party menu. I did re-verify files through steam, it is still happening. It also seems random, and if I close the party menu and re-open it, sometimes it changes the unit picture it is affecting.

Missing textures, icons, UI elements or other visual assets​

If the game has texture and UI related problems, you can try the workaround below to fix it:

1. Delete the below folders and then verify file integrity.
"C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Shaders"

C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\Native\TileSets\pages

Last edited:
It happens even within 5 minutes after starting the game.
When it happened once the change keeps. For example Erta always will have a magenta shield on her back in every menus.
In 1.59 it happened on all shields. In 1.5.10 it happens only on Erta in the party menu. So there was a change.

I just installed the game after the 1.5.10 release again. All the shader files are shown with the latest install date.
Yes, I tried verifying, too.

After a few hours of play the icons disappear in two cases. This was the first it happened to me.
I didn't just play but opened image viewer, file administrator and google and closed them after the use.

bl-missing-icon-after-long-play.jpg

I've been informed that this bug is fixed and sent to the game with the last hotfix (1.5.10.271913) Can you check if you still experience this issue? I've gone forwarded and marked the topic as resolved unless you state otherwise.
Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Back
Top Bottom