Purchase Mail Troubles

Users who are viewing this thread

Shrugging Khan

Sergeant Knight at Arms
I bought Napoleonic Wars via the Taleworld Shop, paid per PayPal, received a mail, klicked the activation link, and that was it. I didn't get my Key Code at any point.

Now, my mistake was probably in the ancient mail address I had in my profile. I should've changed that ages ago, since I don't even have access to that mail account anymore. Well, I changed it now; and I do wonder: might I have my Key Code or activation link or whatever I need to play NW sent to the new mail address?

I do hope it's possible to resolve this.

We cannot help you with your Mail account, we are sorry. You will somehow have to find out how to get acces to it. :sad:

Now that I think about it, this probably is the wrong forum for it.

I don't actually need help with the account, I just need someone to send the CD key to the other - working - account that I've specified in my profile by now.

Whom do I need to address for that kind of thing?  :shock:

Edit: Now this eats the cake and makes love to it, too. I found the PW to my old mail account again, and there is no mail in there either. Gentlemen, what is the meaning of this?

Have I turned technology-illiterate?

Ehm...I'll risk sounding stupid now, but will NW actually be sent to me as a physical disk? I assumed it would just be the activation key, but it being an old-fashioned mail order affair would also explain things.

Only the key.
Also, dis your TW account's forum email the same as the email you used in the purchase?
If so, it should have automaticly added the NW key to your "games" list of your TW profile.
But since I don't see it I dont think so.

Nope, I used my PayPal-relevant mail account for the purchase, whereas my TW profile mail address used to be and is now again a very old one that I'd actually stopped using.

Well, guess I'll be writing to those avangate folks then.

Here's how it works

unknown3056 said:
Not sure if this will help

Q: What if I lose my serial key?
A: As long as the email address you used while purchasing Mount&Blade is still valid, you can recover your lost serial key from this page if you bought it from Avangate or from this page if you bought it from eSellerate.

Avangate: https://secure.avangate.com/support/section.php?&avangate_template=1
eSellerate: http://store3.esellerate.net/store/support/Default.aspx

This is the strangest thing.

Avangate requires me to set up an account on their web site, for which I'm meant to use either the E-Mail Address used in the purchase, or the order number. Well, neither of the addresses works, and there is no order number to be found in my confirmation mail (where the avangate insists it ought to be).

The only thing that's certain is that PayPal moved the money.

Good god, next time I buy anything I'll do it over gamersgate or steam.

Hey, don't worry. Just send an email to our support mail with some information about your purchase like the email address, paypal account owner name etc. so we can find your purchase and send you your key. 
Unfortunately automated emails sometimes doesn't reach their destination be it the fault of the spam filter, email server or something entirely different. Relax and send us an email but don't forget to give us as much as information you could give so we could help you much faster.

The key arrived per mail, courtesy of a prompt TW support response.

Thanks to everyone!  :smile:

Well, the game itself doesn't work yet, but at least I got what I paid for. In a way. Tomorrow will be a day full of installing, uninstalling, reinstalling and consulting whiny forum threads  :twisted:

Glad to hear that you got your key, also I would like to advise you to register that key with your TW account on the taleworlds.com mainpage, so you won't be able to loose your key. on accident or something. :smile:

Also good luck with your problems, if there is anything I can help you with just ask!

Hello.

Btw, when you checked Avangate did you see your order? I checked my order number, and it says 'Order not Found' even though I have a receipt and emails saying the order was approved.

I ask, because I'm having the same issue. :sad:

I sent my email to support over a day ago. Still no response, how long did you wait for yours?

Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom