OSP 2D Art World Map Punkt's HiRes Textures 2.0 - Download Available - [dec 20]

Users who are viewing this thread

Very nice. I will definitely download this as I'm still using your old Campaign map textures.

Edit: And I'm actually using your Battlemap textures as well. No offense to Zaro but I prefer the brown over lush green. Plus I'm stuck in DX7 for now due to the ATI driver glitch so Zaro's graphical mod 1.4 with your original battlemap + campaigne map give me a very nice result.

Added new screenshots, see first post for the complete list.

I made a finished mountain texture, it's still a bit greenish I think. It blends in very well with the plains texture. The mountain texture and the plain texture are made from the same 'template'. You can notice this effect here as the snow from the mountains follow the same lines and ridges from the plains texture. I'm still working on the steppe texture because I want to achieve the same thing, and because it seems a little too bright and doesn't blend in too well with the plains and mountains textures... In this batch of screens you can also see a very rudimentary version of the snow texture.

That's it for now, I'm going to release a version as soon as I finish the snow, sand, steppe and ocean textures.

punkt said:
Added new screenshots, see first post for the complete list.

I made a finished mountain texture, it's still a bit greenish I think. It blends in very well with the plains texture. The mountain texture and the plain texture are made from the same 'template'. You can notice this effect here as the snow from the mountains follow the same lines and ridges from the plains texture. I'm still working on the steppe texture because I want to achieve the same thing, and because it seems a little too bright and doesn't blend in too well with the plains and mountains textures... In this batch of screens you can also see a very rudimentary version of the snow texture.

That's it for now, I'm going to release a version as soon as I finish the snow, sand, steppe and ocean textures.

Nice to hear it. I'll definitely check them out on release.

Alright.  I don't say this often.  But I need those.  I cannot keep living without that kind of quality, my body can't handle the withdrawal of not using them.

Have you considered using mipmap fading, like giutekfiutek did?:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,37173.0.html

It would make everything look even better.

punkt said:
The mountain texture and the plain texture are made from the same 'template'. You can notice this effect here as the snow from the mountains follow the same lines and ridges from the plains texture.
Now that was truely bright idea!
Quality stuff, I'm looking forward to the map pack
Oh, and have you decyphered what determines the color of the shader-generated mountain snow by any chance? Tinkering with it can add the possibility for some interesting effects

D'Sparil said:
Have you considered using mipmap fading, like giutekfiutek did?:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,37173.0.html

It would make everything look even better.

I did that in my first texture pack found here, but I won't do that now  :wink:

Kardiophylax said:
I am looking forward to adding these new campaign/world map textures to my game.  Any new news? 

I didn't finished it, but I'm going to upload what I've done so far. I don't think I'll be finishing it anytime soon, as I am busy with work these days, but this release should satisfy you for now :grin:. Check out the first post for download links and mirrors :smile:

Zaro, If you see this, you can do what you wish with these files :razz:

GetAssista said:
Now that was truely bright idea!
Quality stuff, I'm looking forward to the map pack
Oh, and have you decyphered what determines the color of the shader-generated mountain snow by any chance? Tinkering with it can add the possibility for some interesting effects

I believe you can't change the color of the snow, I think that is hard-coded in the game... The mountain texture contains an alpha channel that is used to draw white snow, but that's it, you can;t change the color... at least I don't know how to do that :smile:

There's actually a vertically flipped skydome under the terrain (and therefore under the water). This allows you to fake reflection by modifying the alpha channel of the water texture.
It also works with the other textures but it's obviously less interesting...
The mountain texture is the exception though, the alpha channel of this one is used for 'masking' the snow.

Ok, I presume that the channel alpha is white!? But otherwise how to reverse the skydome (under water)?

If I understand definitely it reversed texture? Does this become with the plug-in of photoshop for instance?

Walzou, the skydome is already done. All that you need to do is add transparency using the alpha channel.

Zaro, If you see this, you can do what you wish with these files

I do now, these should look excellent on my map of the Holy Land :smile:.

Ok Zaro, therefore I only have simply to paint my channel alpha in black and to safeguard in DXT3?

Sorry, I'm not Zaro but yes an no...

Yes, you jut have to paint your alpha channel and save your texture as DXT3 or DXT5.
If I remember correctly (please someone correct me if I'm wrong) DXT3 has a 1bit alpha, which means pure black an white (nothiing in between).
DXT5 however has a 8bit alpha, meaning 256 levels of gray, allowing you to make smoother transitions or different levels of transparency/opacity (in theory at least, I'm not sure about how M&B handles it).

And no, you shouldn't just paint it black because that would make  you map fully transparent, in other words, the texture would invisible.
(Black is full transparency, white is full opacity.)

If you want to do a quick test, just copy one of your other channels (R, G or B) to the alpha and look at the result in game to understand better how it works.

I hope it helps...

Edit: I was wrong, DXT3 has a 4 bit alpha and DXT1 a 1bit alpha... sorry

Back
Top Bottom