OSP 2D Art World Map Punkt's High Resolution Texture Pack 1.2 (Feb.16.08)

Users who are viewing this thread

Thanks! I've liked back too. :grin: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,31487.msg811623.html#msg811623

Fixed, Thanks. I did not know why it did not work after i upgraded, but afterwards it worked, thanks again.

Really good work there!
I do like the mountain textures, but personally I wouldn't want to use them, since they seem a bit too Tundra-ish.

CompanionCake said:
Really good work there!
I do like the mountain textures, but personally I wouldn't want to use them, since they seem a bit too Tundra-ish.

Well, I made the textures the way I like them to be :smile:

Zaro said:
By the way that stucco texture is mine  :wink:

Yeah I had your textures installed and it seems I forgot to backup some of the original textures. When I made the zip file for my texture replacement pack, I added all .dds files that were modified in 2008 (including your textures by mistakes). Sorry for that :smile:. I'm currently uploading to the M&B Repository the zip files without your textures.

MasacruTheArcher said:
Punkt can you take more screenshots on the battlefield and upload them?Please.

I'll add some more screenshots eventually, but not right now, sorry.

New version comming soon!

Punkt's High Resolution Texture Pack 1.1 will include:

Improved texture tiling when viewing the world at a great distance.
The campaign map textures are great when your camera is near the ground, but when you raise your view and look at the map from the sky, an ugly pattern appears as the texture repeats itself across the world. Version 1.1 will fix this and make the world map look great when viewed from the sky.

Ocean reflection simulation on world map.
By adding an transparency channel to the ocean texture I was able to create the illusion of water reflecting the sky. The water is not actually reflecting the sky, but it is transparent and you can see the sky sphere surrounding the world map and thus giving the illusion of the ocean reflecting the clouds.

Other texture improvements like sand and snow reflecting sunlight. This is also a simulation and the effect is subtle but it looks great.

:: FEEDBACK ::
Performance results from users were favorable, meaning that the texture pack didn't cause any FPS problems. At least that I know of.
If you have any problems or bugs to report, please send me a PM.

The new textures are finished but require additional tunning, and will be released probabilly tomorrow along with a new line of screenshots.

See you soon.

i think the reason there are no performance issues despite the size of the textures has something to do with the way you "pack" them as .dds files

because when i tred the recoloured versions made by zaro in 1024 size i experienced alot of stutter... and some of his files were larger than yours despite the smaller pixel size...

Zaro said:
[quote author=Punkt]
Yeah I had your textures installed and it seems I forgot to backup some of the original textures. When I made the zip file for my texture replacement pack, I added all .dds files that were modified in 2008 (including your textures by mistakes). Sorry for that

Don't worry, there's a number of mods that aren't aware they're using that stucco texture  :lol:
[/quote]

Hey, just wanted to tip my hat at how maturely you responded to this guys. It may seem like a small thing, but I know modding communities where such a situation would result in more than one hissy fit. Example: in the Armed Assault community, fellow A cried bloody murder and demanded that fansites remove fellow B's soundmod, because B used a sound from the same sound library as fellow A. Can you imagine?

Anyway, great work on those textures! I really appreciate the gritty feeling, M&B always felt a bit too cheery, haha. It's good to see the texture seams are being worked on, this has been the bane of most texture mods for quite some time now.

VERSION 1.1 IS NOW LIVE!
Click here to view the new screenshots or download the files.

Oddball_E8 said:
i think the reason there are no performance issues despite the size of the textures has something to do with the way you "pack" them as .dds files

because when i tred the recoloured versions made by zaro in 1024 size i experienced alot of stutter... and some of his files were larger than yours despite the smaller pixel size...

Well, I used the Adobe Photoshop Plugins from nVidia for loading and saving dds files. I didn't use Photoshop for the actual editing, but Jasc Paint Shop pro 9 (now Paint Shop Pro is owned by Corel and it sucks. Jasc PSP9 was the best of it's series). The photoshop plugin works with paint shop pro.

great worldmap textures Punkt!
one problem - the blood files are missing an alpha channel and because of that show up as squares.

and some of his files were larger than yours despite the smaller pixel size...

I don't know why you would think that as I just checked and all of my files are in the correct format. My hi-res versions are no smaller or larger than Punkt's hi-res versions.

punkt said:
BATTLE MAP TEXTURE PACK:

Aren't these two textures from Qarl's TP3 for oblivion, cause they are damn familiar... :neutral:

I gotta say though, i love you're campaign map textures, they're awsome!

Back
Top Bottom