OSP 2D Art World Map Punkt's High Resolution Texture Pack 1.2 (Feb.16.08)

Users who are viewing this thread

No, those textures aren't based off any game or any other texture pack;
The only textures I've used from a game were 2 cliff textures taken from Crysis.

The blood textures and other additions will be released as a separate pack soon.

Also I noticed that the ocean texture has a small error (you can also see it in the screenshots), that will be fixed in another release.

Zaro said:
and some of his files were larger than yours despite the smaller pixel size...

I don't know why you would think that as I just checked and all of my files are in the correct format. My hi-res versions are no smaller or larger than Punkt's hi-res versions.

ah, but i didnt use the hi-res version hehe...

Sorry puntk, i'm not trying to have a dig at you.

i believe you, though they do look similar :wink:

Scorch! said:
Sorry puntk, i'm not trying to have a dig at you.

i believe you, though they do look similar :wink:

Who knows? Maybe Qarl used the same image source as me :razz: (that would be Google Images :grin:)

Textures work great for campaign map ,  I suppose you fix the problem that square looking of textures while zooming out with reflecting sky on the ground. But this thrick is doing same thing for battlemaps too, battlemap textures looks a bit weird,look like they are shining. So if you fix this problem too , you would do a perfect work.I dont have enough knowledge about modding, maybe I'm mistaken.

Does this count as putting you in the credits?
MapEditor2008-02-1017-38-44-78.jpg

I figured a readme wouldn't suffice  :wink: 

^ LOL

A simple mention in your readme / topic / download page would have sufficed, but thanks :grin:
Also download the new version. It will fix that pattern you see on your map :wink:

Textures work great for campaign map ,  I suppose you fix the problem that square looking of textures while zooming out with reflecting sky on the ground. But this thrick is doing same thing for battlemaps too, battlemap textures looks a bit weird,look like they are shining. So if you fix this problem too , you would do a perfect work.I dont have enough knowledge about modding, maybe I'm mistaken.

I already fixed some of the textures (changed the cliffs & dry grass completely) but i'll publish them in the next release. I hope that will be soon.

VERSION 1.2 AVAILABLE!

:: Changes & Fixes ::

Campaign Map:
  - Fixed ocean LOD texture

Battle Map:
  - Reduced texture 'sunlight reflection' trick for grass textures
  - Changed grass LOD textures
  - Changed forest LOD textures
  - Remade dry grass texture
  - Remade cliff & stone textures

Download Page

It's great!
I have translated & posted it to Chinese site.  :grin:
http://bbs.mountblade.com.cn/viewthread.php?tid=25106&extra=page%3D1

Heteroi said:
It's great!
I have translated & posted it to Chinese site.  :grin:
http://bbs.mountblade.com.cn/viewthread.php?tid=25106&extra=page%3D1

lol thanks, though I didn't understand a word there :razz:

Anyway... I'm pretty much done with this texture pack, no more changes to be done unless you spot some problems or M&B 1.0 is released (maybe they'll add more texture variety).

What comes next?

- Resampled versions of this pack for higher performance (smaller texture sizes) - 90% probability  that this will be done
- Recolored versions of this pack (more colorfull or less colorfull - I kinda like what Ursca did for the Warhammer Mod) - 70% probability that this will be done
- Themed texture packs which will render the entire world as an endless desert or an unwelcoming frozen wasteland - 30% probability that this will be done

Aaand... that's it :grin:
I hope you'll enjoy using these textures as I enjoyed making them.
See you soon.

p.s.: oh I almost forgot: I'll set up a small website for this texture pack in the near future, I would like to receive the name of the mods that are using my textures so I can list them there. If you use my textures (even if you modify them) please send me a PM with the name of the mod and a link to your homepage / forum thread.
Thanks!

Thanks Punkt for your kindly reply & I also translated & posted your reply to the Chinese site.  :smile:
I should tell you,that most of guys who have seen the awesome sample picture I posted at the Chinese site, says "Oooooooh! How beautiful it looks are, is it the M&B 2.0 in development screenshot?" :grin:

The battle map makes mine lag a bit... okay, a lot. I've always had tiny lag issues but this hits it pretty badly o_O
Looks brilliant though, just a shame I have to remove it 'cause of the lag. Darned laptop *grumbles*
(Not meaning to necrobump but seems as though some comment should be made since this is on the fancy list thing at the top.)
~Pix~

Nice one there...downloading it right now.I have a problem though guys.I have uninstalled 2.5 enchansment but i still have it on my game.I dont like it because at my pc its TOO bright.Made the adjastements but it still not working right,someplaces it is to dark and at some other too bright.If can someone can help i will appreciate it.Sry for my english,i have to much time to speak at english :wink:

guys the download links for this mod are not working. please is it just me or is everyone not able to access www.mbrepository.com?

Please can someone upload the mod to another mirror so we can download it again!!!!

Back
Top Bottom