Punctuate With Better Audio

Users who are viewing this thread

froggyluv

Grandmaster Knight
Off the advise of someone on here finally started up Total War Attila - going straight for their 1212AD mod (i like medieval) the thing that strikes me strongest is the excellent use of audio whenever anything important happens or is announced. A thunderous Drum alongside backround Gregorian Chant or we all know that awesome thunderous TW Rome Victory Warcry "YEAH!!!!" after a winning battle.

The game is letting you know when important things are happening or need to be payed attention to. Bannerlord's notices are just spewing out constant information some very trivial, others very important but there is nothing to distinguish any of it by leading the played to just become desensitized to it.

Mm. Desensitized. Try a paradox game sometime. You’ll grow to appreciate notices you can ignore. But yes, some important notices should stand out with a cue. Maybe a nice menu to customize notices is a good idea?

Just started Total War Troy and same thing -all events wars starting, certain Lord instigating or pillaging is punctuated by strong audio effects, maybe a blanket tough guy statement and a picture of said lord. If really enhances the effect on who is doing what and where.

Can anyone really keep up with the small text event spam on the bottom corner of Bannerlord?

I keep up with it, but sometimes I do feel like it is almost a bit distracting. I mean, you want to be focused on your target. That said, many of the events that spam can be turned off in the options menu under gameplay.

+1
For better audio pontuaction of events, especialy the most important ones, it makes quite the diference in aiding the brain to identify these moments besides the visual representation. Personaly I think the audio design is a bit lacking on the campaing map as well as the battlefield, this is a good way to improove on that.

Mods (of course) already fix it, I my opinion that needs to be in the game as an option:

306-1586672750-1385375495.jpeg

306-1586672721-2011934033.jpeg

Works fine with 1.5.0

Back
Top Bottom