Puluc AI Cheating

Users who are viewing this thread

SABERWOLF

Recruit
Steam
Every time I start to get a stack going in Puluc, guess what? The AI rolls the exact number needed to capture the stack EVERY SINGLE TIME. Do you really think we can't tell that the "difficulty" is really just AI cheating? Just make the tavern games fair already and stop treating players like they can't tell when they're being cheated.

Edit: Just tried a few more games where I tried to predict what the AI would roll. Guess what? It's super easy. If winning was as easy as predicting cheating AI rolls, I would have so much money by now. Instead I have not won a single game no matter how I change my strategy, which color I start with, etc.

Last edited:
Every time I start to get a stack going in Puluc, guess what? The AI rolls the exact number needed to capture the stack EVERY SINGLE TIME. Do you really think we can't tell that the "difficulty" is really just AI cheating? Just make the tavern games fair already and stop treating players like they can't tell when they're being cheated.

Edit: Just tried a few more games where I tried to predict what the AI would roll. Guess what? It's super easy. If winning was as easy as predicting cheating AI rolls, I would have so much money by now. Instead I have not won a single game no matter how I change my strategy, which color I start with, etc.

There is nothing worse, when playing games like this when the dice rolls aren't random. Its same kind of bs from many other games on Steam of the same type.
The AI for these board games are terrible in all fairness. It suggests to me lazy coding, but I expect this will be improved later on?

Troubling if true. It's hard to prove definitively, so I won't assume until a confirmation or denial or fix from TW.

Tavern games in general need tweaking (e.g. my suggestion for a draw feature), but I imagine it's at the bottom of TW's priority list. But if the AI is indeed fixing the dice in Puluc then the fix is simple and let me add my plea: Puluc as of 1.5.10 was time-consuming enough and win-loss-uncertain enough to be not an easy money farm source (though except in early game tavern games are not the best or most exciting farm). But I still played Puluc from time to time because it is fun. Why? Because the great balance of randomness means that even a weak AI puts up a strong fight and that makes every game interesting every time. So please don't spoil a great game with cheating -- the win probability is balanced without it, even though without dedicated algorithm work the human is going to be smarter.

Troubling if true. It's hard to prove definitively, so I won't assume until a confirmation or denial or fix from TW.

Tavern games in general need tweaking (e.g. my suggestion for a draw feature), but I imagine it's at the bottom of TW's priority list. But if the AI is indeed fixing the dice in Puluc then the fix is simple and let me add my plea: Puluc as of 1.5.10 was time-consuming enough and win-loss-uncertain enough to be not an easy money farm source (though except in early game tavern games are not the best or most exciting farm). But I still played Puluc from time to time because it is fun. Why? Because the great balance of randomness means that even a weak AI puts up a strong fight and that makes every game interesting every time. So please don't spoil a great game with cheating -- the win probability is balanced without it, even though without dedicated algorithm work the human is going to be smarter.
I had the Inn and Out quest so that's basically the only reason I go play tavern games at all. At first I was frustrated with how easily the AI beat me but I attributed it to my lack of strategy at a new game. I played several games at Hard difficulty without bets and some with bets. I lost something like 18 out of 20 friendly games in addition to all my money with a 0-5 win rate for the AI. If it were random, you'd expect to see at least a 40% win rate for the player due to the AI simply being smarter. Like I said, I can hold up as many fingers as I think the AI will roll next and be right almost every time.

Actually making the ai cheat is harder than making a pseudorandom dice roll. I don't know what the devs been smoking

If you really think Taleworlds would design the board game AI to cheat, your confirmation bias will make you vividly remember games that you lost due to bad luck, but forget the times luck was on your side.
You should probably blame your brain. If you don't think it's your brain, you should prove your point with science.

I can beat them in puluc. That doesn't mean they don't cheat I guess. But I beat them a lot. I haven't played it in awhile because it sucks, but IIRC I always looked at what position were least likely to screw me on the AI's next turn and understanding 2 and 3 (I think) are much more likely rolls and it's was okay. It can go back and forth a lot, but I was able to win. That's not advice because I can't actually remember the exact rules and who knows maybe they made it cheat recently.

Back
Top Bottom