PC WORKSHOP

Here creates the best computers in Calradia! You can ask for help with any PC related issues, learn about at the new builds and read our articles.

Quick Overview

Category
Miscellaneous
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total discussions

Publication №6: How to choose a case [no new models 2019-2020]

Users who are viewing this thread

Publication №6: How to choose a case
After we decided on a virtual bundle of video card + processor, we need to think about the case.

Types of builds
The first thing you need to decide is the appearance of the future build.

Full tower - has the largest dimensions and is suitable for enthusiasts. Some models are able to fit 2 motherboards.

Midi tower - this is the most popular format on the market, which is the golden mean.

Mini tower - most often used for office PC assemblies.

Slim - one of the smallest formats, thanks to which you can assemble a low-profile PC.

Cube - cases with a cubic shape.

4f537b7801a2cdbc9bb4d707e615e814.png

This is an approximate table, so when choosing a case, pay attention to what format it supports.
Features of a good case

The most important

1. Bottom power supply layout. Due to this arrangement, the PSU will not receive hot air, and its components will not be subjected to additional heating and will last longer.

2. Perforated front and top casing. The latest trend in cases was the use of glass for panels and side covers. Glass sidewalls do not affect the quality of cooling in any way, but a front glass panel has no air inlets. Air is drawn from the narrow slits on the side and this is not enough to create good air flow.

3. Rear wall with cable management capability. Proper cabling will help reduce airflow obstruction. Usually this possibility is inherent in cases in which feature the first two items from our list, but I've made this reminder just in case.

4. The thickness of the metal in the housing must be 0.6 mm minimum, otherwise you will experience acoustic discomfort due to high hum and vibration in the case.

5. Dust filters. Their presence will greatly help in the fight against dust and save you from constantly blowing out your PC.

6. The possibility of dismantling and the correct location of 5.25" brackets for hard drives and devices, so as not to interfere with the air flow from the front of the case.

7. The minimum set of installation locations for coolers: 2 on top, 2 in the front, 1 in the back.

8. Noise insulating lining in the PSU installation location.

9. Rubber mounts for HDDs.

Less important

1. Box for the power supply does not help improve the cooling system. You will have the opportunity not only to hide cables from the PSU, but also there will be no need to buy a modular power supply, which will save money for other components.

2. Rubberized cable holes.

Before you buy

After you have found several suitable models, you need to make sure of a few points:

1. Does your chosen video card fit into the case?

2. Pay attention to which side of the video card the power cables are connected. The video card manufacturer may not take into account the length of the connected power cables in the sizes indicated on the site.

3. The location of the power buttons and USB ports. If your PC is in a niche table, then buttons and USB ports on top of the case will not work for you.

4. If desired, install a water cooling system. However, I do not recommend it because of the high cost and unnecessary risks. Get a case with support for three-fan radiators, otherwise the efficiency of water cooling will be no better than air cooling.
If you do not have enough money, do not buy a cheap case. Postpone the purchase for later and use the old case for a while. A good case will serve you more than any part in the PC.
As always, by tradition, I will leave a small table for you to think about. Consider enclosures with the Mini Tower format. Unfortunately I was not able to collect all the data, so some items you have to check yourself if you are thinking about buying a case from the list.
9b561968901096b85f0b08ce5ad1a07f.png
If I missed something, didn’t mention something or indicated incorrect data, write about it below. Everyone can make mistakes. Remember, before you buy, be sure to check back all the features and data!
I am waiting for your proposals for builds, it is possible that your build will fall into the assembly of the month of our workshop! Until next release!

Friends, we really need help with the correct translation! If it's not difficult for you, please suggest corrections.

Back
Top Bottom