Public Teamspeak 3 Server

Users who are viewing this thread

I understand your reasoning, but have you rented anything from him?

I know that he contributed to the community and that he was one of the first hosts that we had, I'm not denying that. I also appreciate what he did. His prices are also outstandingly cheap, compared to much else. There is also not THAT much downtime, but when it goes down, it goes down hard and for quite some time.

All I'm saying is that, to let him host something that is so big for the community, might not be ideal.

THe day before it went offline I spoke to Spanky on TS, so he should be home.
Anyway, I have reqeusted Barny to host us a new server. We would need to remake all the channels but that could be done pretty fast with some help :smile:

As MaHuD mentioned, I can host the TS server. If I can get the current config files, I think there is no need to recreate the channels or stuff, but I'm not sure about that (I mainly hosted ventrilo and Mumble before).

NaglFaar said:
All I'm saying is that, to let him host something that is so big for the community, might not be ideal.
And all I said was that that's bull**** as the last two years of the TS mostly showed; as well as that the whole slander of him (as a hoster) is based on a short episode which some people keep repeating ad nauseam.

Barny said:
As MaHuD mentioned, I can host the TS server. If I can get the current config files, I think there is no need to recreate the channels or stuff, but I'm not sure about that (I mainly hosted ventrilo and Mumble before).
I am afraid we cant reach Bene so there is no other way .

As MaHuD told, please recreate all the channels and stuff, then I will make a backup and some configuration on the server (~30 minutes), then it's good to go. I will also use this forum to announce any maintenance related stuff (with awareness to things like ENL rounds and such), so please watch it once in a while.

A backup of the new TS will be made in the morning.
So if the teamspeak is down, thats why. Just wait 30 minutes and it should be back up :smile:

Also if you dont have your channel yet, ask any of the admins!

Yukuai said:
Hi all,

Benedict told me that the server is closed forever so thanks Barny/MaHud for the new server. What about the payment? Do you need something?
Money, nude women, bananas?

I would appreciate if the clans/people who use the TS could chip in with a symbolic fee, but I don't want to charge you due to several reasons (the server is operating with a non-profit teamspeak license, I'm not planning to be rich from this money, etc). Let's say that everybody should feel free to use the TS server in this year and if you are satisfied with the service, you can donate voluntarily from January. Since MaHuD was somehow driving this TS thing, I will ping him around the end of december and we can discuss together the donation topic.

By the way it is slightly offtopic, but I'm running a few Warband servers on this machine. One of them is free to be taken by any clans who don't have own servers, or want to organize a training/match/etc but don't have the place for it. Ping Goker at CoR and you can reserve it if you need it (obviously free of any charges).

Spanky89 said:
2 things, i am always online on Talesworld forums even if banned :smile:

second thing, the server machine has been online for 98 % of the time. The downtime has been due to server restarts = TS has to be restarted manually by benedict. Team speak time ends january 2012 approx 10 days into jan.

Have a nice day!
So in theory we can still use the Battlegrounds, but if Barny doesnt mind I think its easier to stay here now that we have already moved everything over.

There will be a server maintenance next week, I can provide the exact date on Monday afternoon. If everything goes well, the downtime will be around ~20-30 minutes. I try to get a backup TS server before the maintenance, however I'm not sure that this will be possible. Anyway, sorry for the inconvenience, before the next maintenance I will make sure to have a backup TS and also let you know way before the thing happens. This situation is a bit complicated, since I'm approximately 5000 kms from home and from the server. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom