Public Service Announcement

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey folks

It's me, your friendly neighbourhood administrator, Pharaoh X Llandy!

Some of you may remember me from such secret PM-campaigns as DO SOMETHING NICE... and other such worthy causes.

Because I've been a bit absently lately, I've completely neglected to remember that I owe a lot to J for hosting and running and overlording the TWIM image-hosting service which is free to all of us for the low low cost of zero! Chances are if you're here, and posting images, or posting in the Cheese thread, you've used J's services at some point.

If you'd like to say thank-you, you can do that by visiting the link I just provided and clicking 'donate'. A few dollars, a few quid, some euros... every little bit will help J keep his services running for another year. If you can spare even just a few bob, please consider donating. Don't make me do the PM campaign again  :neutral:

[me=Pharaoh X Llandy], who just donated[/me]

I already gave like 30 or 40 buckarooneys a year or two ago, and would give again had I not just spent untold amounts of money on booze at a cruise.

I remember that scene like it was just 52 years ago; I can scarcely believe it has been a whole 53 years, which it definitely has been. It was my first acting role, and despite being so young I was able to give a tour de force performance for the demanding director, though little of it made the final cut. Sergio Leone repeatedly implored me to improvise in some way to bring some magic to the otherwise rather stale scene- much to the bemusement of my tearful Mexican mother and the other actors, who didn't understand, as Sergio did, that I was an infant prodigy who understood every word that was spoken to me- and I was able to pull it off.

I loudly shat myself an instant before the gunshot at the end of this scene, dramatically punctuating the drama. Almost everyone present applauded my efforts- almost everyone- and my mother was tremendously proud. Enjoying the first full screening of the movie alongside Sergio and Clint a few months later, I was disappointed and puzzled to note that my effort had not been included in the edit. Wailing charismatically as I had done during my memorable scenes, all Sergio could muster in reply was an apologetic pout. It wasn't until many years later that I learned the reason for my finest hour being shelved; Gian Maria Volontè, the actor who played El Indio, was suffering terribly from diarrhoea during filming (you can see how he tentatively gauges the condition of his bowels with one hand on his lower abdomen) and had himself intended to create a similar improvisation to my own, and was astounded and furious when I unwittingly beat him to it. Suddenly having no excuse to fill his kegs on set, he had to clench like he had never done before and wait desperately for the shout of "cut!" before he could leg it to the bogs. He was absolutely livid afterward, and you'll notice he never quite met my eye in any of the following scenes, something I naively assumed to be part of the script. Being an adult and a seasoned actor, he had far more clout than I did, and he had little trouble convincing Sergio that my bit had to go. My nascent career was almost over before it began.

What happened to me then, you ask? Well, nothing of note, sadly. I was able to reprise my greatest role a few more times, but by the age of four it was looking a bit odd, no matter how superior my crying infant routine was to anybody else's. It soon transpired that I was a one trick pony, and I gave up on acting soon after- though I still indulge a few thespian traits such as lying about my age, as you can see from my profile  :oops:

cMfkFGP.gif

I see so many missing pictures or warnings that an account isn't upgraded for third party hosting - it destroys a lot of the value in old threads on this forum.

So, I am truly grateful for TWIM's great service to this community and happy to donate.  :grin:

PS - the donate logo in the bottom right of TWIM's screen is so small that I've never noticed it before despite often using Jace's service - maybe it should be bigger for those of us with tunnel vision.

Normally (when it's all paid for) it's just a tiny button in the bottom corner of the whole page. When the beggathon is ongoing, it'll force itself to be visible on the screen at all times no matter where you scroll. I even made the red part of the donation progress bar flash white every few seconds, but that's as annoying/visible [abbr=Based on how much I wish to be annoyed by that kind of **** when I'm visiting a random page]as I'm willing to make it[/abbr] though. :razz:

But 'cause of y'all, it's funded 'til the end of 2019 and the payment's been made already. Thanks for the help! :party:

Back
Top Bottom