PSA Taleworlds are hosting a community event with the mount & blade subreddit

Users who are viewing this thread

The password was put in the #announcements channel right after the servers came up:
VfQrmsF.png

That was only a minute or so after the password was said in the voice channel. The problem was that there was hundreds of people and only one server at first, so it filled up instantly.

The Mount and Blade redditors are a pretty childish group of people so I’m not sure why Taleworlds even let them be in charge of anything. The Calradic Campaign events they hosted in Warband were terrible and the compeitition was far worse than Warband bots on easy mode.

The Mount and Blade redditors are a pretty childish group of people so I’m not sure why Taleworlds even let them be in charge of anything. The Calradic Campaign events they hosted in Warband were terrible and the compeitition was far worse than Warband bots on easy mode.
I'm not sure what kind of competition you expected from an explicitly casual event, but the CC was always based on introducing otherwise SP only players into a memorable experience where they wouldn't be instantly stomped, as opposed to a sweat fest like most other events for Warband were. We must be doing something right if we managed to have 50 of them that all were almost always filled to capacity, with numerous TaleWorlds devs attending.

I can't imagine why TaleWorlds would be more inclined to work with a platform that focuses on fostering community growth as opposed to one that judges the validity of your opinion on how many 24 man tournaments you took part in back in 2010...

I'm not sure what kind of competition you expected from an explicitly casual event, but the CC was always based on introducing otherwise SP only players into a memorable experience where they wouldn't be instantly stomped, as opposed to a sweat fest like most other events for Warband were. We must be doing something right if we managed to have 50 of them that all were almost always filled to capacity, with numerous TaleWorlds devs attending.

I can't imagine why TaleWorlds would be more inclined to work with a platform that focuses on fostering community growth as opposed to one that judges the validity of your opinion on how many 24 man tournaments you took part in back in 2010...

You mean events where all your admins spawned full plate armor for themselves and rode around killing literal peasants and removing players that killed them. Lmao. You guys hosted those events so you could pretend to be good. They were a meme.

I guess the people on Reddit aren't as critical of the game as the people on the forums. Correct me if I'm wrong I rather not make assumptions/accusations but the gut feeling I'm getting is that the game is getting more criticism on the forums than Reddit. I've been to a few Reddit events in the past and they weren't the "best" events but I can definitely see how they're more tailored for new players to MP. For TaleWorlds to pick a Reddit community over a Forum community just because they've had experience hosting casual events isn't as valid as it seems. It's not just about having fun, it's about identifying problems with the game. Smaller scrim with experienced players would have logically been a better option than a large non sweat casual event. The only positive about having a large casual event was seeing the games'/servers' limitations but other than that the Reddit event sure seemed like a failure.

If they want to identify problems with the game, they have a whole server full of beta players that they can call on to do testing whenever they want. This event was primarily supposed to be fun. I'm sure it gave them some information on ways to improve events in the future, but that wasn't the reason for the event.

The ACTUAL first community events from even before the EA release, hosted by the Betalords, were really fun.
But mostly only because it was very stable and admins had complete control of the servers.
It got disabled soon after several events though, right before the release.

I repeat that i still strongly believe this is not something TaleWorlds should actively promote (i.e. involve any resources) now that the game has entered the paid EA stage, i believe it's a really bad idea with the current state of the MP combat, and for it to be the first impression potential new players get.

I really hope some more resources get allocated to the MP part of the game (especially combat mechanics), or, as i mentioned in a previous post here, seek for free QA on private servers with confirmed competent players of trust.

One thing i must admit, revenue from the part of the community that would buy the game exclusively for Multiplayer, is miniscule compared to the complete sales, almost down to the statistical error figures.
So we can only hope.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom