PSA Taleworlds are hosting a community event with the mount & blade subreddit

Users who are viewing this thread

Tork instead of writing nonsense when is your ft7 with ogl??
Think we were promised this epic challgenge but haven't read any news on it so far.

I mean, reddit is a community for everyone. You'd be surprised at how many 'competitive' players engage with it. You act as if the competitive warband community are the only MP community. Reddit and causal groups have hosted large community siege and TDM events for years. They're just as entitled as we are, especially when it's the game modes that only really appeals to the casual group.
lmao you cant be serious saying that the competetive players are with the reddit community. I'm not only talking about the comp scene either, there's NW the mod scene the siege scene whatever. It's overall a fact that reddit is way more about SP. And that is fine, I don't care.
I just get pissed off seeing TW do everything a little bit instead of properly working out a fix rahter than a temporary solution.
after 9 months we finally have a duel server. no unlimited money so you're forced to spawn as peasent (not saying that a proper duel mode is needed). Then its 30 slots... why aren't there another 3 server of this by now? can't be that big of a deal.

Last edited:
As long as the reddit fans stop suggesting bad features (block delay) I am fine with them having a server first. It’s easier to host one big server tbh, but it’s also a sign that TW is slowly making progress rather than not making progress at all.

lmao you cant be serious saying that the competetive players are with the reddit community. I'm not only talking about the comp scene either, there's NW the mod scene the siege scene whatever. It's overall a fact that reddit is way more about SP. And then is fine, I don't care.
I just get pissed off seeing TW do everything a little bit instead if properly working out a fix instead of a temporary solution.
after 9 months we finally have a duel server. no unlimited money so you're forced to spawn as peasent (not saying that a proper duel mode is needed). Then its 30 slots... why aren't there another 3 server of this by now? can't be that big of a deal.

So essentially the mindset is that reddit = muh normies right? ?

no the mindset is that reddit = singleplayer

Well the event seems very relaxed and non compy, so it kinda fits I guess.
It's not something I'd be interested in joining btw, and I get your viewpoint.

I wonder if this forum could have set up a similar thing, with the same support? I'm guessing yes but no one did it, dunno the actualities though.

Gee I wonder why.
Because you're here. :xf-wink:
There you go.
I wonder if this forum could have set up a similar thing, with the same support? I'm guessing yes but no one did it, dunno the actualities though.
It did, even before the EA, and even without the same support, only a "green light". Then couple of days before EA it was taken away for some reason.
Let TW collect game feedback and bug reports on reddit then. They can freely close their forum now.

The problem with reddit was always that they hated warband mp. You go there you’ll see the common view is that warband was everyone spinning and abusing animations to win fights. It was just a very entitled attitude, and even the guys who host the reddit CC’s will tell you the same. Nothing wrong with the CCs they are a ton of fun btw!

the already successful competitive scene.
giphy.gif

The problem with reddit was always that they hated warband mp. You go there you’ll see the common view is that warband was everyone spinning and abusing animations to win fights. It was just a very entitled attitude, and even the guys who host the reddit CC’s will tell you the same. Nothing wrong with the CCs they are a ton of fun btw!
Pretty much this. I don't have a problem with them getting support from TW for their event, will probably even try to join it. But I don't like reddits view of MP just being people 360° spin-jumping with twohanders, that's just an extremly limited view of the multiplayer community.

Pretty much this. I don't have a problem with them getting support from TW for their event, will probably even try to join it. But I don't like reddits view of MP just being people 360° spin-jumping with twohanders, that's just an extremly limited view of the multiplayer community.
It came from a very limited game view. People wanted an excuse for not being super good imo. Now duel is a 360 glitchy spin fest ironically!

Funnily enough spinning feels stronger in Bannerlord than Warband to me
Yes, by trying to "fix" something (than never needed fix in the first place), they made fights even more retarded. Now everyone is doing 360 spins like Beyblades. Dueling is honestly disgusting to play and disgusting to watch. The problem with this is that it's a problem at the core of the game: melee combat and animations. Doubt they will try to fix it...

Back
Top Bottom