PSA Taleworlds are hosting a community event with the mount & blade subreddit

Users who are viewing this thread

I think some people have the wrong idea, there will be numerous events across all communities, I know there's a few on standby, the reddit event, although you can say they have a 'custom server', it's just regular passworded servers that could serve little purpose for tournaments as there's no tools for map changing, faction changing and is all done by Callum on a web panel (at the moment). The reddit event would only require a couple of server resets and management, so it's not too big of an issue, it wouldn't work for competitive. I think people are more annoyed at the fact that reddit had it first over the NA/EU scene which have ran these sort of events for the entirety of warband's lifespan.

The reddit community have a passworded server for an event, but the map resets, gamemode resets are all done by Callum externally. After this reddit event is over, I'm sure other events would happen.

Last edited:
So you've gone for the bold choice of picking both lying and cowardice. Respectable!
Remember what I said when we were discussing terms of the duel? No matter what you say now, your words won't count for much after that. I saved up your sheepish reponse as a proof too:
tVT9LrF.png

I think some people have the wrong idea, there will be numerous events across all communities, I know there's a few on standby, the reddit event, although you can say they have a 'custom server', it's just regular passworded servers that could serve little purpose for tournaments as there's no tools for map changing, faction changing and is all done by Callum on a web panel (at the moment). The reddit event would only require a couple of server resets and management, so it's not too big of an issue, it wouldn't work for competitive. I think people are more annoyed at the fact that reddit had it first over the NA/EU scene which have ran these sort of events for the entirety of warband's lifespan.

The reddit community have a passworded server for an event, but the map resets, gamemode resets are all done by Callum externally. After this reddit event is over, I'm sure other events would happen.
you're still missing the point while whiteknighting TW as usual

I'd love for our public server (NRP) to be able to host organized battles for those interested, and not just play as chaotic as always on a 'selected' bunch of maps. But I suppose TW hasn't created any admin tools for that though. Find our current Bannerlord game modes here, and our NW game modes provided since 2014 here.

Thanks to OGL for clearing up the obvious. There is no competitive scene as a whole, neither in NA nor EU. The Americans didn't all go up to Callum and asked individually, it was a few individuals. Just like them Barry and me approached TaleWorlds, a lot earlier than they did even. By the way though, what could be more proactive than three European Native teams accepting the first round of Beta invitations and providing feedback for 6 months straight on competitive related issues in Bannerlord? Surely must have given away the impression we were interessted in getting our hands on the game and play it competitively as soon as possible.

We are waiting for the ability to host custom servers, we have asked for it a hundred times in various threads. The Reddit event did get custom servers, so I don't know what we are appearently doing wrong. Maybe too much criticism of the game? Who knows...
Do you honestly not see the difference between hosting an event for an hour or so and hosting a tournament?

The reddit event will have 3 or 4 map/faction changes. A tournament needs dozens even if you only do two maps for each pairing.

Do you honestly not see the difference between hosting an event for an hour or so and hosting a tournament?

The reddit event will have 3 or 4 map/faction changes. A tournament needs dozens even if you only do two maps for each pairing.
I do see the difference, you appearently don't see my point though. :smile:

I really don't think I am.
In case you didn't know people offered the dev team a 6v6 to show them how broken **** is in the game such as kiting, cavs, etc.
I wonder why some reddit guys get to enjoy some event as first while this is still being shut down by TW side due to 'not having servers' or whatever other excuse they can come up with.
we've been asking for servers on their forum for ages and the first ones to get one are the redditers, without even posting an announcement. most of us wouldn't even know about this if this one guy didn't post lol
you then add callums 'thank you' post on reddit lmao can't see anything here. ever since the family issues have been resolved after hosting the duel server is radio silence again.

In case you didn't know people offered the dev team a 6v6 to show them how broken **** is in the game such as kiting, cavs, etc.
I wonder why some reddit guys get to enjoy some event as first while this is still being shut down by TW side due to 'not having servers'

Yeah, that is known and I have no idea why they haven't done it yet, that was going to be setup during the beta if I recall correctly. It should probably be brought up again to see if it can happen.

Currently Callum is away for a few days, so I don't think he can respond to this right now, but maybe we can get it setup again.

Yeah, that is known and I have no idea why they haven't done it yet, that was going to be setup during the beta if I recall correctly. It should probably be brought up again to see if it can happen.
How they then put some reddit cucks event above this in priority is massive joke to me, honestly. And this is not about the competetive scene. This is about MP; it's developement and TW's attitude towards us.

I don't mind reddit having some event and doing stuff together. it's about priorities.
And for me it's quite obvious that they treat reddit and their own forum differently.

I do see the difference, you appearently don't see my point though. :smile:
Your point seems to be that you asked earlier than they did and did some testing in alpha/beta... Okay, but are you wanting to host a one hour public event for 100+ people or a multi-day tournament for a few dozen people? It seems to me that the way they are currently having to manage servers, a big event for an hour is a lot easier to handle than a skirmish tournament so that is probably why they are starting with this.

Your point seems to be that you asked earlier than they did and did some testing in alpha/beta... Okay, but are you wanting to host a one hour public event for 100+ people or a multi-day tournament for a few dozen people? It seems to me that the way they are currently having to manage servers, a big event for an hour is a lot easier to handle than a skirmish tournament so that is probably why they are starting with this.

I'm going to go off what Rubbing said and want you to think about how the servers could handle this. Think about the instability with the servers recently and the amount of the work that would have to go into this. It'd be more trouble than it's worth in the current state. I also think Rub nailed a lot of points on the head.

No, I was simply trying to show that the European competitive community is proactive, and don't just sit around and wait for Callum to knock on our door when it comes to events/tournaments. Because that is what Tork claimed in his debate with OGL.

Large parts of the European community are disappointed because of the lackluster communication we have received on the stuff we have brought up. For that reason alone I mentioned the Reddit event, because it showcases that TaleWorlds are capable of good communication. Of course more ressources will go into a tournament, nobody claimed otherwise.

Because it most likely didn't come across well enough - I sincerely wish the Reddit community all the best for their event. I thought the post by their board moderator was completely over the top (in a positive sense), they don't owe anyone an explanation on why they were selected. TaleWorlds should tell us what's going on.

Well this thread sure did take a turn...anyways, i really respect the Discord part of the Reddit community, they have been nothing but productive, and if i was to place it next to this official forum, i would see no harsh transition in opinions about most issues in the game. That being said, i hope everyone involved has at least some fun out of it, it is very well deserved, especially from the part of the Reddit Discord moderators !

However, i don't think now is a good time for either competitive NA/EU tournaments, nor just some casual Reddit fun, especially if facilitated by TaleWorlds.
Mulitplayer part of the game still has some serious core flaws (the involved developers also acknowelege this), and many little ones to iron out, which will take much time to do so.

That's why i think that the organizational and time costing resources should've primarily been directed towards expanding the Multiplayer QA potential outside the small enclosed enviroment consisted of several developers, to the affirmed competitive players who can point out those flaws and provide live feedback.

Doing so in the current duel servers is much better than not having duel servers for the whole beta period and a month of EA period, but in the end will be nothing more then a dilluted drop of quality feeback on a specific subject in a sea of other posts, lost forever, as many threads before.

The optimal solution IMO would be if the MP combat/QA team would call in players of their choice into passworded servers so they can together test the parameters in a closed and safe enviroment, and there give live "tête-à-tête" feedback and brainstorm the possible solutions.

There were already talks some time ago about this kind of initiative, which unfortunately hasn't yet been set in motion.

This i consider to be a priority over dedicated servers, tournament or event hosting and whatnots, when it comes to multiplayer part of the game.

Last edited:
I don't mind reddit having some event and doing stuff together. it's about priorities.
And for me it's quite obvious that they treat reddit and their own forum differently.

As someone who reads both, they prioritize their own forums. Most devs and community managers firstly read here and respond here. I have seen only one dev responding on reddit so far and that was on a photo of the dev team. Other than that there are community managers rarely saying stuff there. I am sure community managers are following every community but I think most of the interaction is here. I also don't go to any steam forums so I don't know about those.

I dunno how they "rate" their communities as I cannot read their minds but looking at their actions I really don't think they prioritize reddit at all. It was also the same during beta stage.

Back
Top Bottom