PSA Taleworlds are hosting a community event with the mount & blade subreddit

Users who are viewing this thread

Free whenever lol.

FYI @Tork789 the small Warband tournament announced after or at the same time as the "proactive" NA tournament has more teams. If you want a redo of me proving you wrong again feel free.

Wait, sorry, you weren't speaking to me at all no doubt.
How proactive are you with a BL tournament tho? I suspect as proactive as with our epic duel. You know you can't just say "Free whenever, Callum" on the forum and expect him to organize a tournament for you, right?

The reddit discord community is a good community, and most of the regulars are multiplayer fans rather than singleplayer. The less frequent/casual members of the community are singleplayer focused. Most of the people in here criticizing the community have had minimal interaction with it, and probably weren't regulars at CC events.

I received a very firm reply from Callum that tournament servers are not doable for the foreseeable future, and I'm not interested in a queue-only tournament for obvious reasons, so that's the beginning and end of how proactive can be really without the ability to host our own servers or mods. But you know this, you're not really interested in facts, just as you're not interested in proving any of your points by going in game.

I received a very firm reply from Callum that tournament servers are not doable for the foreseeable future, and I'm not interested in a queue-only tournament for obvious reasons, so that's the beginning and end of how proactive can be really without the ability to host our own servers or mods. But you know this, you're not really interested in facts,
The fact is that none of it was a problem for the americans. But you know that already, you're just not as interested in hosting a tournament as coming up with excuses.

just as you're not interested in proving any of your points by going in game.
What are you implying? Are you not the one who chickened out? I did give you my steam like what, weeks ago?

The fact is that none of it was a problem for the americans. But you know that already, you're just not as interested in hosting a tournament as coming up with excuses.
how does that even make sense?
currently the option to host a proper competetive tournament does not exist. you're free to host a casual rng tournament like NA did, but that's not what most EU comp players are interested in.

(Some) Americans are fine with a queue tournament; more power to them. EU is not, which is completely fine, as to most such a tournament is not competitive. Again, you're not interested in facts though, just trolling until someone insults you then you report them. Allow me to be the first for today - you're a ****ing moron.

What are you implying? Are you not the one who chickened out? I did give you my steam like what, weeks ago?

I'm still free and I'm sure a detective of your enviable status can find my steam.

How does that make any sense? If you're eager to host a tournament, you'll do whatever it takes. The americans sure do seem eager.
you said it yourself. Were not eager to host any tournament. we're eager to host a competetive one. hence noone is hosting one. Not sure why you think this is bad or a problem. If you want to play in a rng tournament host one.

(Some) Americans are fine with a queue tournament; more power to them. EU is not, which is completely fine, as to most such a tournament is not competitive. Again, you're not interested in facts though, just trolling until someone insults you then you report them. Allow me to be the first for today - you're a ****ing moron.
I didn't insult you. I just stated facts. And I never use the report function ever since I got publicly scolded for it - I learned that I'm not privileged enough for that.

I'm still free and I'm sure a detective of your enviable status can find my steam.
That's not how it works, honey.

you said it yourself. Were not eager to host any tournament. we're eager to host a competetive one. hence noone is hosting one. Not sure why you think this is bad or a problem. If you want to play in a rng tournament host one.
Never said that's a problem, man. OGL seems to be worked up about something, but I'm not sure what exactly.

I didn't insult you. I just stated facts. And I never use the report function ever since I got publicly scolded for it - I learned that I'm not privileged enough for that.

That's not how it works, honey.

Never said that's a problem, man. OGL seems to be worked up about something, but I'm not sure what exactly.

Back to lying :smile:

Unlike OGL, Tork has never hosted a large scale tournament, so he doesn't understand what goes into it. Ask the Americans if they'd play in another queue run tournament after they had to requeue for the fiftieth time.

Last edited:
I'm not TW obviously so I can't know their reasoning but I am one of the moderators/event organizers for the /r/mountandblade so I'll give my two cents.

To start off, due to the nature of reddit's system the singleplayer-only community on the sub is able to drown out the MP posts and community pretty easily, and while small, they do exist. As a result most of our multiplayer stuff happens on our discord, where we organize and run the multiplayer events for the sub. These are: Mod Night, an "off season" even where we would give players a chance to play the multiplayer for mods that are otherwise dead in MP/popular with the community, Casual Night which was an excuse to play native battle and siege, and the Calradic Campaign.

The Calradic Campaign is by far our oldest and most significant event, it celebrated its four year anniversary and final event in Warband in March. If you've heard of it before you'll know it's casual, but it fills a niche that to our knowledge isn't really represented in any other kind of event. If you want to see more what it's like here's a video by a youtuber that attended one of our best:

Most of our multiplayer community isn't competitive and likely never will be, but they aren't the same as the drooling SP-only people whining about "animation abuse" that I imagine most of you are picturing. The core players at our events see the same issues with Bannerlord's combat and MP setup that everybody else does. Notably, we have been quite frustrated with the class system and lack of battle mode, as it could require fairly extensive workarounds on our part to make our style of events function in Bannerlord.

As for Taleworld's reasoning in choosing us "first" for a custom host event, I think it comes down to the current functionality of the game. We have a history of hosting casual events with non-standard gamemodes in addition to the Calradic Campaign, meaning we don't necessarily need complicated server tools, specific modes, secondary balancing etc. For a competitive event, they would need at a bare minimum server tools capable of switching the factions for skirmish - in addition they would need to be available as many times as it took a full tournament to run its course. To host a *good* tournament, they'd need yet more server tools, time, etc.

To summarize, I believe they chose us not because we're uncritical of their game (we aren't, and Taleworlds knows this), but because we're easier to host a decent event for with the resources they currently have available. All they need is the gamemodes they currently have available, a server slot, and someone able to run the server for an hour or two at the specified time. As we routinely filled a 200-slot server in Warband I'm hoping the event, which will be using TDM where we would normally use battle, will help Taleworlds see the value of including classic gamemodes and more in-depth server tools for all of our sake.

Thanks and hope I was able to clear some things up, if you've got questions feel free

I'm not TW obviously so I can't know their reasoning but I am one of the moderators/event organizers for the /r/mountandblade so I'll give my two cents.

To start off, due to the nature of reddit's system the singleplayer-only community on the sub is able to drown out the MP posts and community pretty easily, and while small, they do exist. As a result most of our multiplayer stuff happens on our discord, where we organize and run the multiplayer events for the sub. These are: Mod Night, an "off season" even where we would give players a chance to play the multiplayer for mods that are otherwise dead in MP/popular with the community, Casual Night which was an excuse to play native battle and siege, and the Calradic Campaign.

The Calradic Campaign is by far our oldest and most significant event, it celebrated its four year anniversary and final event in Warband in March. If you've heard of it before you'll know it's casual, but it fills a niche that to our knowledge isn't really represented in any other kind of event. If you want to see more what it's like here's a video by a youtuber that attended one of our best:

Most of our multiplayer community isn't competitive and likely never will be, but they aren't the same as the drooling SP-only people whining about "animation abuse" that I imagine most of you are picturing. The core players at our events see the same issues with Bannerlord's combat and MP setup that everybody else does. Notably, we have been quite frustrated with the class system and lack of battle mode, as it could require fairly extensive workarounds on our part to make our style of events function in Bannerlord.

As for Taleworld's reasoning in choosing us "first" for a custom host event, I think it comes down to the current functionality of the game. We have a history of hosting casual events with non-standard gamemodes in addition to the Calradic Campaign, meaning we don't necessarily need complicated server tools, specific modes, secondary balancing etc. For a competitive event, they would need at a bare minimum server tools capable of switching the factions for skirmish - in addition they would need to be available as many times as it took a full tournament to run its course. To host a *good* tournament, they'd need yet more server tools, time, etc.

To summarize, I believe they chose us not because we're uncritical of their game (we aren't, and Taleworlds knows this), but because we're easier to host a decent event for with the resources they currently have available. All they need is the gamemodes they currently have available, a server slot, and someone able to run the server for an hour or two at the specified time. As we routinely filled a 200-slot server in Warband I'm hoping the event, which will be using TDM where we would normally use battle, will help Taleworlds see the value of including classic gamemodes and more in-depth server tools for all of our sake.

Thanks and hope I was able to clear some things up, if you've got questions feel free

Perfectly reasonable explanation. I hope to see more of you guys here on forum. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom