PSA: In sieges you can store catapults and trebuchets and release them at the same time

Users who are viewing this thread

I posted this in reddit and facebook and apparently, not many people knew it.

PSA: I was today's year's old when I realized that during sieges you can build a catapult, or trebuchet "store" it, and when you have 4 release them at the same time.

So you don't need to build a trebuchet, look at how it gets destroyed, by city defences while you cant make the second trebuchet in time.

During a siege, when the catapult/trecuchet is finished click on it and select"store it". When you have 4 of them, just click and place them.

So you will destroy city defenses pretty quickly

Last edited:
I know, it feels pretty cheesy. I didn't know of this feature for a long time either, and I hope it will be changed in the future to something that makes more sense... At least make siege engines automatically be built in reserve, and deploy them when you wish to attack. The AI should also be able to make use of this mechanic

I know, it feels pretty cheesy. I didn't know of this feature for a long time either, and I hope it will be changed in the future to something that makes more sense... At least make siege engines automatically be built in reserve, and deploy them when you wish to attack. The AI should also be able to make use of this mechanic
Infact it seems a litle bit logical, IMHO, with siege engines the advantage is in the attackers side, a city is a big target but a siege engine a small one. but it takes a lot of time to be built.

Infact it seems a litle bit logical, IMHO, with siege engines the advantage is in the attackers side, a city is a big target but a siege engine a small one. but it takes a lot of time to be built.
No it isn't logical the way they do it. It can be logical, but it isn't. You build a trebuchet and it literally disappears in thin air (in "reserve") and it can't be attacked anymore. In real life you wouldn't even be able to move a trebuchet away. If you want logical, make trebuchets be built outside of the castle's firing range, and also build the ram/siege towers/ catapults etc outside the range of fire as well, moving them in all-together. This "reserve" mechanic makes no sense the way it is now and needs to be polished... yeah, attackers should have the advantage, but making your siege equipment vanish like that and then reappear out of nowhere all at a time is not realistic. The siege engines should also be attacked while they are building, they should basically never be able to be built the way it is now, because castle defenses should shoot them down before that. So again, they need to be built farther from the castle and then move in when you want them to

No it isn't logical the way they do it. It can be logical, but it isn't. You build a trebuchet and it literally disappears in thin air (in "reserve") and it can't be attacked anymore. In real life you wouldn't even be able to move a trebuchet away. If you want logical, make trebuchets be built outside of the castle's firing range, and also build the ram/siege towers/ catapults etc outside the range of fire as well, moving them in all-together. This "reserve" mechanic makes no sense the way it is now and needs to be polished...

You can protect a trebuchet from anything (except maybe a high-angle gunpowder-based piece like a mortar) by building a mound of dirt in front of it. Only the extreme end of the arm needs to clear the mound and that spends a minuscule fraction of the time exposed while launching. The other stuff though, yeah, it should be vulnerable to counterfire.

That said, every other option is trash next to the trebuchet, so who cares?

Back
Top Bottom