Need More Info PS4 Corrupted save, lost manual + auto saves

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Platform
PS4

TEvs

Recruit
Summary: Last week I noticed that nearly all save files have been corrupted (believe Nov update caused it). Lost over 30+ hours play, all save files (manual AND auto) bar a random auto save from beginning of playthrough have been corrupted. Any help would be appreciated; am a working man so play when I can, game requires a serious amount of grinding and having lost so much progress am not sure I have the time or energy to go back and restart. Version is up to date with latest update
How to Reproduce:
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):

Summary: Last week I noticed that nearly all save files have been corrupted (believe Nov update caused it). Lost over 30+ hours play, all save files (manual AND auto) bar a random auto save from beginning of playthrough have been corrupted. Any help would be appreciated; am a working man so play when I can, game requires a serious amount of grinding and having lost so much progress am not sure I have the time or energy to go back and restart. Version is up to date with latest update
How to Reproduce:
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
I remember my first login after that update showed all my saves greyed out with a warning that they "may not be compatible" or something similar, but luckily have not had any (more) problems such as this. I've since started another two campaigns (Battanian and Imperial) post-update, but I feel you. Losing progress in this game is like coming into work expecting a promotion and being told "Yeah, actually... we gave that job to the new guy and have had to cut your position... How do you feel about being our part-time custodian?"

We are sorry to see that you are having this problem. We are investigating the potential reasons for this issue. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Thank you for your reply. Is this something that you think can be fixed or are you instead focusing on making sure it does not happen again?

We have done a fix but it still requires a lot of testing to make sure. We have not experienced any corruption issues even when we tested it to make sure while we were in development. So it is a tricky one.

Just want to ask about this problem only on PS4

This becomes annoying, till now over 4 saves all get corrupted and I can delete the corrupted files it shows all zeros

When can we expect this issue to be fixed?

Thanks

Just want to ask about this problem only on PS4

This becomes annoying, till now over 4 saves all get corrupted and I can delete the corrupted files it shows all zeros

When can we expect this issue to be fixed?

Thanks
Delete the corrupted files via the consoles saved game storage outside the game.

With the latest v1.0.3 update, we have sent some fixes related to this issue. Could you update your game and report to us if you are still experiencing this issue?
  • [PS] Fixed a bug that caused a save to get corrupted when overwriting save files. Old saves might still be corrupted when overwriting (this includes auto-save), so make sure to create a new save file (choose "save as") for any existing saves that you want to safeguard.
  • [PS] Fixed a bug that prevented the deletion of corrupted save files.
  • [PS4] Reduced the save file limit from 32 to 16 to allow for larger files without corruption.
    • If you have more than 16 save files, this will not delete your files. It will only prevent you from creating new files until you are below 16 again. You can overwrite all existing files.

Back
Top Bottom