Prospective US Campaign

Users who are viewing this thread

There seem to be some fundamental differences growing between the US campaign and the EU one. okiN wants to base his off of Diplomacy and keep it relatively simple, but I want a more free-flowing one, which would involve the listed;

- clans start with a single village, placed anywhere on the map they want, which they can upgrade however they want if their money allows it
- the size of an army [each clan would probably have several, although they can be created and dissolved at will by the clans' rulers] determines how many players can participate in a battle
- recruiting from villages [on a grander/simpler scale than in M&B; every two or so villages an army recruited from, it'd get another slot for a player, or similar]

Possible; might be getting too complex

- tech trees
- the units available to clans in battles would be custom to each clan, and they could 'upgrade' the units they can play as if they have the tech [see above] or money for it; for example,

Homeless Levy
vvv [tech tree advancement/money; the above is replaced on the 'choose class' screen by the below]
Homeless Spear Militia - Homeless Crossbow Militia

So what do you guys think?

socks said:
There seem to be some fundamental differences growing between the US campaign and the EU one. okiN wants to base his off of Diplomacy and keep it relatively simple, but I want a more free-flowing one, which would involve the listed;

- clans start with a single village, placed anywhere on the map they want, which they can upgrade however they want if their money allows it
- the size of an army [each clan would probably have several, although they can be created and dissolved at will by the clans' rulers] determines how many players can participate in a battle
- recruiting from villages [on a grander/simpler scale than in M&B; every two or so villages an army recruited from, it'd get another slot for a player, or similar]

Possible; might be getting too complex

- tech trees
- the units available to clans in battles would be custom to each clan, and they could 'upgrade' the units they can play as if they have the tech [see above] or money for it; for example,

Homeless Levy
vvv [tech tree advancement/money; the above is replaced on the 'choose class' screen by the below]
Homeless Spear Militia - Homeless Crossbow Militia

So what do you guys think?

nice.

I think this is getting to complicated (its more like The battle for calradia)
I do like the idea about villages, but i think the troop trees are a little much.  I would like to see something like, when you make an army you have X amount of archers, X amount of infantry etc.

Or you could make it so that each army is a faction, like a clan could have a Nord army and a Swadian army.... Thoughts?

I'm a PRT recruit so have no real authority within PRT. However, should I be able to interest PRT in this, I would gladly help with the admin for this if additional assistance is required. I'll post something about this and a link to this thread in the PRT boards.

Upgrading villages: what would this do? Is it solely tied to the tech tree idea?
I'm all for a complex game, as long as it's thrown together well and easy enough to understand.

How about each 'Kingdom' choses a faction and therefore have to use the units from that faction unless they purchase Mercenary packages that would allow them to use different faction units?

Simplicity is key here, methinks.  In the end, people just want to bash other people in the head, and the only way to draw large interest is to make things easy to understand and execute.

Faranox said:
Upgrading villages: what would this do? Is it solely tied to the tech tree idea?
I'm all for a complex game, as long as it's thrown together well and easy enough to understand.

Thats what the battle for calradia is going to be.  I would like this to be more simple, and not as detailed, but be ready soon (within a month?) that way we kind of get a taste of what tBfC will be like, but just not as complex.

cool I think it would be good if you can I'll try to get mercs etc. to fly under my banner and recruits too

Back
Top Bottom