Props, weapons, armor: make a request

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone want to rig this armour with animations etc etc?  I can't do that myself....
bigphalanxfz0.jpg

ps
its currently a helmet/prop but I would ideally have it altered to an armour

Edit
Doesn't need to be rigged, just adjusted to the correct size and position in your modelling program. Only body armor and horses need to be rigged (vertex weights).
strike that now that the pic is up
-talon

anybody doing my saddle-less horse

Ealdormann Hussey said:
co13bvy9.jpg

Hehe, sorry sport completely wrong, the things I have outlined in black below are the nipples, the thing in red is the hammer. The caps gets placed over each of the nipples and rotate with the barrels to be positioned underneath the hammer. When the hammer is released in slams down on the percussion cap causing a minor explosion which carries through a vent into the main breach.

You will also notice the nipple has no capacity to hold a flint. As far as I can find there were never any flintlock pepperboxes, but I have in a book of mine some really funky looking flitlock revovlers from the early 1700's.

ok, my mistake, i really thought these revolvers didn't used cartridges, but you sound preety sure.but aren't there pepperbox revolvers that are muzleloaded? pictures of "funky" flintlock frearms are very apreciated. please post them here!

Chilly5 said:
bryce777 said:
Chilly5 said:
Surely at least the scythe? Its a long cylinder with a with modeified cube  :roll:

and whats the whip? A simple curved cone. Its a two sec job for petes sake, dont be lazy.

Neither of these are easy whatsoever.  Making the whip as a shield is not doubt going to be a serious pain, and a scythe has a rounded back.  if no one helps out for now I will give it a shot eventually but I have other fish to fry for now.
You do have wings right? I made a 10 min whip, at least...I think its a whip, you can decide. 382 polies, I cant get a pic tho, this aint my moddin comp and I dun have any image editing program installed (and too lazy to install it). Gimme your email and I can send it to you.

Thanks for your efforts.  I am actually working hard on a mod right now that will have balrogs in it - that's what I want it for.  Progress is going well - it will be more or less a stealth release, so no announcement yet. 

I will take a look at what you have.  I may actually make a new skeleton in order to make it possible to have an animated whip, though that looks like a lot of work.  We'll see.  Something whiplike, or better yet a multiheaded flail (which will look less stupid unanimated, now that I think of it), is in order.  I don't even have wings installed yet.  I am a programmer by trade so have been focusing on that aspect so far and have made huge gameplay changes, but I plan to learn the basics of all aspects of modding, at least.

A balrog without a whip would be really lame in my opnion.  Other than that I can just use mostly retextured stuff, I think.  At elast for the initial release.  After the script and gameplay content is largelyt here, it should be easy to get contributions for the rest.  I just don't want to cause a lot of hype months before a release, or put a version out that is either unplayable or else has virtually no changes from vanilla.  This is the one graphics feature I absolutely want to have before any release or official announcement, though.

My email is [email protected]

Well its only the model, it isnt textured or put into a brf file. Its in Wings format so you'll have to have wings to view it. hopefully you can find someone to texture it for you.

Good luck with your mod, sent.

woah thats a lil weird, i sent it but its given me a message that the message wasnt sent cause ur account dun exsist.

Ooh damn.  It should be underHILL.  I mispelled my own email!

Oh well.

Well, I am pretty sure I can do the texturing, though since it is a new model maybe it will be a little harder.  I will figure something out.  I might want to make a whole skeleton, anyhow.  Once brfedit gets a few little tweaks down, this will be much more easy.  Thanks again.

Hey all. Whatever happened to [P]aradox?

Anybody interested in joining the M&B Wild West Team? (Third Attempt.) I'm really looking for some talented modelers, or texturers... I can script myself. I need any or all of the following if someone's interested:
Revolvers (I saw one as the first post in this thread but I have no idea where to find it.)
Two Lever-Action Rifles
Cowboy hat(s)
Sombrero
Head-dress for native american.
Teepee

Thanks,
Hayden.

It's a helmet model.

It took about 15 hours wings time....

Leather Jerkin for the torso, with the left arm shrunk and pulled down.
Battle shield for the shield
Pike for the spear
Leatherglove for the right hand
Barbutte for the helmet
Splinted greaves for the legs.

assemble the parts, using the HELMET as a point of reference.
duplicate along x-axis to left/right in the required distances.
delete the original body in the middle (because the soldier 'wearing' this 'helmet' goes there)

and then the hard part.  UV mapping. I almost gave up....

Anyway, I've used that lovely big space in textures6 for it.

Obviously the hitbox only recognises the guy in the middle, but can't have everything...

And the item 'shieldwallhelmet' is obviously not available to the player, nor have I equipped ranged troops or cavalry with it.

i hope so...  It looks okay at a distance, obviously close up its less than ideal cos the two flank men don't move...

I've given it to one troop type only, and its basically slow, deadly and highly armoured. Just like a three-man wall might be.

Could anyone make uniforms based on the American Revolutionary War? You do not have to include the hat but if you do please do it with hair (preferably  as a ponytail)

Uniform_of_British_soldier_during_this_period.jpg

British Uniform

C11_USContinentalInfantry1780.jpg

American Continental Army Uniform

I'd be very grateful and give credits and all of those stuff!

You can take things from the Napoleon mod, the continental guy can just be a retexture, they wont look exact, but its ** good place holder. Perinnal Nuicsance(sp?) also has a bunch of uniforms, but many are borrowed from the napoleon mod.

Nope ours are all our own except the french.

The jacket shape is wrong from the waterloo mod, so it will require some decent model alteration as well as texture changes, so all in all it might be better to get a new one.

Nethoras said:
SOMEONE MAKE A HUGE ASS AND KOOL GREAT SWORD!!!!!!123four
and just give it to a random modder cuz greatswords pwn ass

ha! ha! ha!  THAT WAS SOOOOOOOOOO FUNNY!!!!!

It's good to see sarcasm is still alive and well out there!

Nice one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom