Props, weapons, armor: make a request

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of mine has a design similar to a khopesh, you might be interested in it. It's purely fantasy though, not historical.

Janus said:

The texturing could be better I think, but this is about the best I can manage. It's funny, I'm fairly good with graphics and Photoshop, but I just can't really texture very well. :razz:

Final count is 352 triangles on the scythe sword and 398 triangles on the khopesh/scimitar style one. Both are almost exactly the length of the native falchion, so are somewhat short.

Anyone interested can either PM me and I'll send you the various files, or you can just get the end BRFs and textures from Darkmod.
I modified my original post a bit in the quote above, so sue me.

Ok, this is a bit premature since I am not yet sure how to gets tuff ingame, but I would like two things:

One, a multiheaded, black whip that can be put in the shield hand.  it doesn't need to fight, just look menacing.

Two, a nice grim-reaper looking scythe.  I have not been able to find one so far and I think it (not to mention the whip) are probably beyond my modeling skills.

Surely at least the scythe? Its a long cylinder with a with modeified cube  :roll:

and whats the whip? A simple curved cone. Its a two sec job for petes sake, dont be lazy.

Chilly5 said:
Surely at least the scythe? Its a long cylinder with a with modeified cube  :roll:

and whats the whip? A simple curved cone. Its a two sec job for petes sake, dont be lazy.

Neither of these are easy whatsoever.  Making the whip as a shield is not doubt going to be a serious pain, and a scythe has a rounded back.  if no one helps out for now I will give it a shot eventually but I have other fish to fry for now.

Chilly5: if you're wanting one of those two swords of mine, you can either get them from Darkmod or PM me and I'll send you a package of files including the texture file in Photoshop format, with layers.

Bryce, Darkmod has at least a grim reaper type scythe which some undead use. You should check it out and ask Ahadhran if you want to use it.
As for the whip, can't help you there.

thanks for the info - I had not seen one around.  At the least it can be a placeholder.  The whip thing will probably be a big deal which is why I decided to ask for help now, even though I will not need it for some time....

Anyone who wants to use my scythe models is free to, just give credit if you release them as a part of a mod. I will also be redoing some better ones possibly in the near future. Once I get that and some other items done for darkmod I might release a weapon pack for people to use freely.

Ahadhran said:
Anyone who wants to use my scythe models is free to, just give credit if you release them as a part of a mod. I will also be redoing some better ones possibly in the near future. Once I get that and some other items done for darkmod I might release a weapon pack for people to use freely.

Thank you - I appreciate that.  My artistic ability is about -42 so anything I did would be crap.

the land of the dead mod is some 30 days close to release. i was thinking of some more 17th and 18th century gunpowder destructive power, so if anyone would like to collaborate with a textured model of these babies:

*a 6 barrel pepperbox revolver of late 17th century:

CO-13b.jpg

* a flintlock revolver:

46cal-6inch-right.jpg

*a 3 barel artistic pistol

C000053_L.jpg

*double long barrel english pistol:

replicaweaponry_1914_3824556

*"duck's foot" volley gun

dfvolley2.jpg

*7 barrel volley gun:

E8623.jpg

* belgian double barrel flintlock rifle:

replicaweaponry_1911_5780083

*double barrel blunderbuss pistol!
http://bandguns.com/in-stock/fr-03.htm

* 3 barrel simultaneous shot volley gun:

http://bandguns.com/in-stock/spec-01.htm

*3 barrel portuguese hand cannon!!

3barrel1a.JPG

Request:
A saddle-less horse? I want my guys to ride bareback! or with only a blanket
Please. I'm doing too much other stuff to do it myself

Talon

Hi from a long time lurker small time poster.

Request: would quite like a neaderthal's face or two for a mod im trying to make, not gonna say much about it till i have a release cos im not even sure i will get that far (only modded a bunch of weapons sofar) but if anyone could help i would be very thankful and would give them a free cookie

Well, can you texture? Can you do python? I think with just texturing and python you can create a neandrathal face just from moving the sliders in customization.

If you want to, (please want to :grin:) I will send you my .obj meshes of Civil War weapons that need unwrapping, UV mapping, and BRF-izing. There are also a few weapons that still need meshes.  We could really use a firearms weapon pack, so I'd be fine with public release of my meshes if you decide to finish them.

Great_Duke said:
the land of the dead mod is some 30 days close to release. i was thinking of some more 17th and 18th century gunpowder destructive power, so if anyone would like to collaborate with a textured model of these babies:

CO-13b.jpg

That is definately not late 17th century, its more likely to be early 19th century as it uses a percussion cap ignition system, which only became widespread (if expensive) in the 1810's to 20's

bryce777 said:
Chilly5 said:

Neither of these are easy whatsoever.  Making the whip as a shield is not doubt going to be a serious pain, and a scythe has a rounded back.  if no one helps out for now I will give it a shot eventually but I have other fish to fry for now.
You do have wings right? I made a 10 min whip, at least...I think its a whip, you can decide. 382 polies, I cant get a pic tho, this aint my moddin comp and I dun have any image editing program installed (and too lazy to install it). Gimme your email and I can send it to you.

Ealdormann Hussey said:
Great_Duke said:

CO-13b.jpg

That is definately not late 17th century, its more likely to be early 19th century as it uses a percussion cap ignition system, which only became widespread (if expensive) in the 1810's to 20's

actually, this one is from late 18th century, sorry by the mistake. it became widespread in 1830 suburban england, but it existed in late 18th century. it is not percussion cap, it uses a modified flintlock mechanism called peperbox. it's muzzle loaded too.

co13bvy9.jpg

Hehe, sorry sport completely wrong, the things I have outlined in black below are the nipples, the thing in red is the hammer. The caps gets placed over each of the nipples and rotate with the barrels to be positioned underneath the hammer. When the hammer is released in slams down on the percussion cap causing a minor explosion which carries through a vent into the main breach.

You will also notice the nipple has no capacity to hold a flint. As far as I can find there were never any flintlock pepperboxes, but I have in a book of mine some really funky looking flitlock revovlers from the early 1700's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom