Props, weapons, armor: make a request

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd also eventually like to see weapons that are less sexy. A chipped rough iron broadsword, big wooden mallet, a realistic wood-cutting axe... stuff like that.

Maybe a wooden oar to whack people with.

Chuck-oar.gif

For a little more variety to the low-level troops.

Nairagorn said:
I'd also eventually like to see weapons that are less sexy. A chipped rough iron broadsword, big wooden mallet, a realistic wood-cutting axe... stuff like that.

Maybe a wooden oar to whack people with.

Chuck-oar.gif

For a little more variety to the low-level troops.

stolen for fish mod :razz:

i was looking at your work and its awesome and seeing that im gonna try making a industry mod it would be rather cool to have little fishing boats, water wheels and such like.

dude i can totally understand if u cant be assed, i couldnt :razz:

Are these items higher-poly than their ingame counterparts? I'd like to try the mod, but unless I can pull off a new graphics card for Davemas (tips hat to mab, Wicked, and Spag), I might not get the chance. :cry:

How do you texture it?? Please, tell me. I'm having a hard time texturing my stuff..

I could need a viking helmet with horns and a teutonic knight plate armor with helmet for my mod. The unit showcase at www.knights-of-honor.de shows what I need. Could you create these items?

Oh mighty paradox, could you make a 15th-16th century helmet commonly known as "conquistador helmet"? ... like these:
schb011.JPG
conh011.JPG

conquishelmet.jpg
conquistador.jpg
? And perhaps a golden helmet a la rembrandt? hmmm, what about a jocker hat? :p or a bishop hat thingy and cepter?

[P]aradox said:
orchelmets2.jpg

AW, if you give me your email address (PMing it to me is fine) I can mail you the obj and texture files.

:shock: *falls over in a dead faint*

........after waking up, looks at helms again......... :shock: *falls over in a dead faint*

Wow, just wow. Cant get over it. Those are amazing, cant wait to have them in the LOTR mod!!!

Those are already in.. the next version. I changed the tint to match the stuff that was already there. When the professor does his graphics overhaul he can change it back or do whatever.

Thanks again Paradox!

I personally think that no medieval game is fun without a bunch of guns.

Because then you can shoot people who have absolutely no chance of hitting you before they die.

Could you make me a .69 caliber Ferguson?

Or, if you can't make one of those/cant find good reference pics, a nice Winchester 1866 would be fine.

Or if all else fails, I know you can find something on the Sharps 1874.

I know you probably have one of those in your wild west mod, but I just want something to gun down some heavily armored knights.

Merchie-gear/noble's clothing+armor. A gilded breastplate, a surcoat with some thread-of-gold, etc. Something that a well-to-do merchant would wear. As it is now, if you aren't wearing the leather jacket, you look like

a) a knight-in-not-so-shining-armor
b) a low-ranking (Swadian) soldier, neat, clean, simple armor
c) a grimy piece of wilderness-scum (bandits, Vaegir, etc.) - big category
d) a peasant
e) a housewife, or
f) a nudist/Robinson Crusoe

Damien said:
I've got a few ideas that would be cool, in my opinion:

1.) A more refined falchion, like so.

2.) A sexier two-hand sword. For example.

3.) A sexier single-hand sword. Perhaps something like the arming sword blade mounted on a movie-Glamdring, movie-Anduril, or movie-Isildur's sword hilt. While I'm a fan of swords with wheel pommels.. it gets old and boring to not have any other pommel designs in the game.

Ah, a fellow Albion-o-phile :smile: I absolutely agree on the falchion. The one in the game looks too much like a machete. As for the longswords: until half-swording is implemented into the game (not likely), I would go for the older models, like this XIIa. I'm a proud owner of this particular model (with blued fittings), and it's everything I hoped for. And I just think it's purdy. I love that profile taper. And how the pommel follows the taper of the grip is just beautiful.

Further I would suggest a better model for the "Nordic" sword. I am partial to the type H myself, and the Geibig type 3 (which is seen in the type H example) is also my favourite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom