Prophet Joseph (Tv Series) & Yusuf(Joseph) Surah from Qur'an

Users who are viewing this thread

ge6lp.png

I dont know this channel, but it seem it has all eposides in english:

Idk how well this TV series fits to Qur'an related surahs, but it's very famous series. If you want to see those times in this series, its worth to watch.

&

Below, i'm sharing a part of one surah(Yusuf) from Qur'an. I may write all surah in a time or you can check all directly at internet. Better to read it first before watching TV movie. [my important note: if you want to understand Qur'an as it, you need to understand where & what it's telling/how it's prepared/which narrative techniques used in it. so, for a fitting understanding, you need further reading]

SURAH XII - YUSUF (JOSEPH)
(Revealed at Makka. This surah differs from all the others in having only one subject, in this case, the life of the Prophet Joseph. It is said that it was revealed two years before Hijra.)

In the name of Allah, the Compassinate, the Merciful
1- Alif. Lam. Ra. These are the signs (or "the verses" ) of the Manifest Book.
2- We have sent it down as an Arabic Qur'an, in order that you may understand.
3- We recount to you the best of narratives in that We have inspired in you this Qur'an, altough before this you (too) were among the heedless (those who did not know them) .
4- When Joseph said to his father: " O my father! I saw in a dream eleven stars, and the sun and the moon; I saw them prostrating themselves to me. "
5- (His father) said: " My (dear) little son, say nothing of this dream to your brothers, lets they should plot aganist you. For Satan is an open enemy to man.
(As in the Biblical account of Joseph's story, the Qur'an shows that Jacop did not fail to understand the meaning of his son's dreams -the eleven stars- symbolizing his brothers, and the son and the moon his parents which meant that in the future something great will happen to the family: But whereas the Bible quotes the father as "rebuking" his son Genesis XXXII:10 in the abvious assumption that the dream was an outcome of wishful thinking, the Qur'an makes it clear that Jacop-who himself a prophet-at once realized its prophetic quality and its deeper implications. )
6- Thus your Lord will choose you and teach you the interpration of events, and will perfect His grace upon you and upon the family of Jacop as He perfected it to your forefathers Abraham and Isaac before you. Assuredly, your Lord is Knowing, Wise. "
7- Surely in (the tale of) Joseph and his brothers there are signs for seekers (of truth) .
(This Rabbis had told the pagan chiefs of Makka to question to Blessed Prophet, to discover whether he could say anything about which the Israelites had gone to Egypt. This surah was revealed as response to them. )
8- They said (to each other) : "Surely Joseph and his brother(Benjamin) are dearer to our father than ourselves, although we are a band. Truly, our father is much mistaken. "
9- "Kill Joseph or cast him out in some (other) land, so that your father's attention should turn only to you, and thereafter you should again become righteous people."
10- One of them said: " Do not kill Joseph, but if you must act, cast him into the depth of the pit; some caravan will find him. "
(This particular pit or well did not contain enough waters it was dry well, there was not enough water to drown Joseph, but was deep enough to hid him from sight. )
11- They said to their father: " Why do you not trust us with Joseph? Surely we are good friends to him!
12- Send him with us tomorrow that he may play and enjoy himself. We will take good care of him. "
13- (Jacop) said: " It would much grieve me that you should take him with you, and I fear lest the wolf should devour him while you are inattentive of him. "
( The Qur'an shows that Jacop did not fail to understand the meaning of his son's dream of future greatness, with the eleven stars symbolizing his borthers, and the sun and the moon his parents. The Qur'an makes it clear that Jacop-who was himself a prophet- at once realized its prophetic quality and its deeper implications. )
14- They said: "If the wolf devour him while we are a band, then we should surely be lost! "
15- And when they went with him (Joseph) and agreed to put him in the depth of the pit, We revealed to him: " You shall (one day) tell them of this deed of theirs when they will know you not. "

(See verses 89-90 of this Surah to understand "you shall 'one day' tell them of this deed of theirs when they will know you not" )
16- At nightfall they returned weeping to their father.
(The plotters come to their father false tale, in order to make in convinncing, they came after sundown, to show that they really tried and put a strong effort to search for their brother and save him. )
17- They said: " O our father! We went racing and left Joseph with our goods and the wolf devoured him. But you will not believe us, though we tell the truth. "
18- And they brought his shirt (to Jacop) with false blood on it. "No!" he cried. "Your souls have tempted you to do something (evil). (For me) comely patience (is most fitting). Allah (alone) is He whose help can be sought (to bear) the misfortune of which you speak. "
(Joseph wore a garment of many colours. If the brothers could produce it blood stained before their father, they thought he would be convinced that Joseph had been killed by a wild beast. But stain was of "false blood" , not the blood of Joseph, but the blood of a goat which the brothers had killed for this purpose. Their device was not quite convincing, because, as the commentators point out, the garment was intact, and unlikely thing if he had been savaged by a wolf. )
19- And, there came a caravan, and they sent their waterdrawer. He let down his pail (into the pit). He said: " Good luck! Here is a young man. " And they hid him as a treasure, and Allah was aware of what they did.
(According to the Bible (Gnesis XXX-VII, 25), they were "Ishmaelites" - i.e., Arabs - who came from Gilead (Biblical name for the region east of Jordan) with their camels bearing balm, spicery and myrrh, going to earry it down to Egypt. )
20-And they sold him for a low price, a number of silver coins; and they attached no value to him.
21- The man who bought him in Egypt said to his wife: " Receive him honourably. Perhaps he may prove useful to us, or we may adopt him as a son." Thus we established in the land a home for Joseph and taught him to interpret events. Allah has power overall things, though most men do not understand.
22- And when Joseph reached his full manhood, We bestowed on him wisdom and knowledge. Thus do We reward those who do good.
23-
111-

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom