Prophesy of Pendor Version 3.0 Status Update

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lange said:
hey guys

the "ultra secret link" on facebook does not work anymore, since the file does not exist..is there anyway for me to download it or am i doomed to wait for the release? xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmNTAvnSais
Release is in 2 days you can wait xD

LMjai said:
Lange said:
hey guys

the "ultra secret link" on facebook does not work anymore, since the file does not exist..is there anyway for me to download it or am i doomed to wait for the release? xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmNTAvnSais
Release is in 2 days you can wait xD

I disagree!  :roll:

What exactly is the problem, I'm not exactly very good with programming but sometimes just an extra brain on the problem can help. That is if you can describe the cause of the problem without having to quote like 1000 lines of code.

Louis Dumonte said:
What exactly is the problem, I'm not exactly very good with programming but sometimes just an extra brain on the problem can help. That is if you can describe the cause of the problem without having to quote like 1000 lines of code.

Hello Louis,

Scroll up a dozen or so posts and you will see the continual updates.  In a nutshell.. 64 bit operating systems (Windows 7 and Vista 64), combined with the M&B original engine are not able to handle the large amount of graphics that POP 3.0 puts forth.

We have maybe 8 folks working on various tests, options, patches etc so these folks with newer systems and graphics cards can play pop the way it was intended.

Do you have a 64 bit system?

Best,

Saxondragon

Actually there can be a pretty simple solution for this 64bit-problem. Works wonders with my vista64bit in Flight Simulator where i had similar crashing problems. It involves a handy little prgram called CFF Explorer. Although it is capable of much more, all i needed to do was to allow the .exe to handle more than 2gb of information in once.

I'm not a beta tester for PoP3 though, so these testers who are having problems should give a try for this.

Best regards, Meliadoul, Lord of Ravenstern since PoP1

Hey Saxondragon, I played PoP since 1.0 if IO remember correctly. Absolutely love this mod and it's universe, many thanks :grin:

However, I got quite a mayor, gamebreaking problem concerning the last beta (beta 10) of PoP 3.0. Seems like the world map has it's borders wrong. I can't get to the fierdsvain provinces and parts of d'Shar without the camera getting obstructed, which makes navigating locations near impossible, let alone parties. Did a clean re-install of m&b1.011 and this beta10 PoP but that doesn't seem to fix anything. It just seems like the camera doesn't want to keep up with the character party, and using WSAD doesn't help either. I don't know if I'm the only one having this problem, but any help with this would be really appreciated.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to the finished product :smile:

Cohort Crusher said:
Hey Saxondragon, I played PoP since 1.0 if IO remember correctly. Absolutely love this mod and it's universe, many thanks :grin:

However, I got quite a mayor, gamebreaking problem concerning the last beta (beta 10) of PoP 3.0. Seems like the world map has it's borders wrong. I can't get to the fierdsvain provinces and parts of d'Shar without the camera getting obstructed, which makes navigating locations near impossible, let alone parties. Did a clean re-install of m&b1.011 and this beta10 PoP but that doesn't seem to fix anything. It just seems like the camera doesn't want to keep up with the character party, and using WSAD doesn't help either. I don't know if I'm the only one having this problem, but any help with this would be really appreciated.

Did you open up the module.ini file?  No one has reported that issue in any versions of the beta's.

Meliadoul said:
Actually there can be a pretty simple solution for this 64bit-problem. Works wonders with my vista64bit in Flight Simulator where i had similar crashing problems. It involves a handy little prgram called CFF Explorer. Although it is capable of much more, all i needed to do was to allow the .exe to handle more than 2gb of information in once.

I'm not a beta tester for PoP3 though, so these testers who are having problems should give a try for this.

Thank you for the post Meliadoul,

I have passed this on to the development forum. Thank you!!

Cohort Crusher said:

Hello Cohort Crusher,
Thanks for the post, and the kind words.  As Gerhart has mentioned, about every other time when we open up the module.ini file and then save it, it munges the first two lines of the ini file.

What is should look like:
module_name = Prophesy_of_Pendor
map_min_x  = -126.617043
map_max_x  = 125.487190
map_min_y  = -140.282852
map_max_y  = 145.209167

What sometimes happens when we save it:
module_name = Prophesy_of_Pendormap_min_x  = -126.617043
map_max_x  = 125.487190
map_min_y  = -140.282852
map_max_y  = 145.209167

This then causes some great confusion in the map in defining the playable area.

In the release it will be fine..

Best,

Saxondragon

Meliadoul said:

Silly me for forgetting the instructions in the first place. Here they are now.

First download and install or extract the Explorer Suite (we are using CFF explorer in the suite) from http://www.ntcore.com/exsuite.php.
Next make a backup copy of game executable file (Something like mab.exe).
Start CFF Explorer and open the original executable (*.exe) file.
Note: Vista users with UAC enabled should use the "Run as Administrator" option, else you would not be able to save the modified executable to the Program Files directory.
Now go to NT Header/File Header and click File Header. There you will find a button labeled "Click Here" (on the right side). Click it.
Now select the checkbox "App can handle> 2gb adresses".
Save the modified EXE, overwrite the orginal one. (Note in Vista you must be running CFF Explorer in Administrator Mode).

Best regards, Meliadoul of Ravenstern

Thanks Gerhart and saxondragon, for explaining this to me. I edited the module.ini to add in resources for different animations and panoramic skyboxes. Now I looked into it again and it works as it should.

Cohort Crusher said:
Thanks Gerhart and saxondragon, for explaining this to me. I edited the module.ini to add in resources for different animations and panoramic skyboxes. Now I looked into it again and it works as it should.

That's like chopping your pinky finger off and wondering where your tenth finger went. Well not exactly,but most likely. Don't shoot yourself in the foot mate. Don't meddle with the occult.

~Ãbyss

yes hello, i have a question i hope someone will answer:

if i create the order of a griffon in Avendor, will i be able to join it from the knight that will appear gaurding my castle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom