Prophesy of Pendor Version 3.0 Status Update

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elvenshae said:
All of this concentrated awesome being taken into account, however, it looks like PoP 3.0 really needs to be migrated into Warband, if for no other reason than to eliminate the hard cap on troop types in the player's party. :grin:

warband is more likely unfinished business in current beta stage.

the troop count (e.g. 32) is not gone in pop 2.5? cause i have no troop count anymore. i can have 20 companions + a squadron of *every* knighthood order + dozens more differnt troop types in my game. i garrison and/ or imprison more then 200 diffent troop types in my current game.

i had a *tweaked* trooplimit from over 10000. i got only a ctd after i had to much different troops i garrison/ prison/ under my lead.

the only what i has change,  was set the 2gb adress flag in the game exe via cff explorer.

saxondragon said:
Imagine that:
You have to pay attention to the various Lords now as some of them will have unique troops that only "That particular lord" trains or.. "that a particular lord" has a strong tendency toward a particular type of troop.
This is even better lord party's structure resembling to player's one. Each with his little fetishes and obsessions. I bet Kyros Dux will bring to light his little band of overpowered halfnaked gay gladiators . 
:twisted:
Saxondragon thank you for sharing this info with us and thank you for the work you are doing. I love you, in a non-Kyros Dux way.
Elvenshae said:
When you say "not capturable," do you mean that you can't knock them out and sell them into slavery, or do you mean that you can't recruit them into your party from your prisoner pool?
Both I guess. Something similar to demonic warriors ?

hoellenbewohner said:
the troop count (e.g. 32) is not gone in pop 2.5? cause i have no troop count anymore. i can have 20 companions + a squadron of *every* knighthood order + dozens more differnt troop types in my game. i garrison and/ or imprison more then 200 diffent troop types in my current game.

i had a *tweaked* trooplimit from over 10000. i got only a ctd after i had to much different troops i garrison/ prison/ under my lead.

the only what i has change,  was set the 2gb adress flag in the game exe via cff explorer.

I doubt the MnB party troop type limit has anything to do with enabling more memory. Can you post a screenshot of a party with more than 32 troop types? Thanks.

MadVader said:
hoellenbewohner said:

I doubt the MnB party troop type limit has anything to do with enabling more memory. Can you post a screenshot of a party with more than 32 troop types? Thanks.

as i know the 32 troop limit i can asure you it is not present in my game. the cap not only affect your army. it affect your pisoner limit, your garrison (troop and prisoner). and i had no problems at all. ok a ctd (crash to desktop) if i asume had too much troops in my army/ garrison/ prison. to get the bally out, i had tweak my party size and morale known from http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,46290.0.html so i could lift an army from over 1000 if i would without morale probs.

i must load a much older savegame (bgin of the game), quit and load the current one, the fire a lot of men or i run in a ctd. i could not even simple load the current savegame, i must FIRST load an older one.

i use a vista64bit, with 8GiB Ram (and a lot of background programs) if that counts.

saxondragon said:
webspinnre said:
I do like the limiting of top tier troops, as long as it doesn't become too much like Native Expansion in that regard. All of these updates on progress and features sure have me excited.

I think they will be a significant improvement over what is out now.  I am working on implementing the "house toops" for the various main lords of each faction now.

Imagine that:
You have to pay attention to the various Lords now as some of them will have unique troops that only "That particular lord" trains or.. "that a particular lord" has a strong tendency toward a particular type of troop.

For example Sarleon:
We may have a Duke that has prefers Heavy Armored Longbowmen.. 80% of his troop mix is always this troop type.

Another Sarleon Lord may have a house troop of "Avendor Longbow Foot Knights"..where we have 20 or so Plate mailed knights with Longbows that show up only with that particular lord. 

The idea is to bring forth more of the personality of the individual Lords in how they are perceived by the player during play and to create more variance.. hence difficulty.. in the game.  We have a penchant to generalize the various lords and do not pay attention much to them as individuals.  This forces us to pay attention as now a lord is not a lord is not a lord...

The additional troops will not be trainable, and likley not capturable.

Also expect more unique "easter eggs".. those hidden little things that make the game fun...and provide interesting benefits.

Best,

Saxondragon

Wow, now that sounds excellent. I can never remember which lord is which other than "that one likes me" and "that one is pissed at me." Having more distinction will be good. And having them actually have their parties properly ordered by level will make a huge difference. I can't wait.

What happens to the "house troops" of a lord if you take his castle?  Do you have to ransom them all off because you can't recruit any of them?  If so, you should get a whacking amount of ransom for the top tier troops since you cannot recruit any of them.  What if you find a dungeon full of another lord's house troops?  Same thing, recruitment not possible? It seems unfair that Player can't hire the rescued troops. . . .

MadVader said:
32 is the limit of troop TYPES per party, the actual number of troops in the party is virtually unlimited in MnB and PoP too.

yep i know, current i hva 20 heros + 44 different troop types = 64 different troop types in my army plus 22 diff. types of prisoner.

pic follow

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/AdRosI2rhR3ewnyQeOItXQ?feat=directlink

hoellenbewohner said:
MadVader said:
32 is the limit of troop TYPES per party, the actual number of troops in the party is virtually unlimited in MnB and PoP too.

yep i know, current i hva 20 heros + 44 different troop types = 64 different troop types in my army plus 22 diff. types of prisoner.

pic follow

Thanks for that. I suppose your limit is raised to 64, because you run a 64-bit OS. Great stuff.

MadVader said:
hoellenbewohner said:
MadVader said:

pic follow

Thanks for that. I suppose your limit is raised to 64, because you run a 64-bit OS. Great stuff.

like i said, there is NO troop cup. i can hire as much diff. troop types as i wanted up to a ctd. this is a new (fun)game. in the old one i was in day 980 +/- and had produce troops for my lords. i had do this over hire prisoners that i had in thousands. i hat chnge the timer for repeat to zero and stand in front of a castle. go to camp, hire troop, garisson troop, pay the moral bill and repeat. in this way i could produce such an amount of different soldiers (remember some 70000 one time) of different kingdoms. then at some point i run in a ctd. new start and load the current save has not work/ ctd. only load a fresh one, quit, load the current one and outbalance (e.g. take a bunch from the garison, give them to lords, fire them) some troops has helped.

like i said there is NO 32 type troop count anymore. is gone, none existend, nada. as long as my limit is not reached (i troop/ 1 honor point, 50 troops/ point of leadership, a hero that has maxed out stats (63 in all + 10 in all), just enough moral for 10000 troops.
i can hire, take prisoner, garison us much as i want up to insane numbers.

The house troops thingy appears as another excellent PoP addition... just a question: when the lord with those awesome troops gets wacked and goes back home to lick wounds and regroup his army, do house troops respawn in his new army too? And what somebody else already asked, what about if said lord looses castle or city, does he still get said home troops?

I pretty much assume it will work the same way as with the Royal Bonus troops - means the Lord in question will have these troops everytime he spawns. They are loyal to HIS household, so they won´t change their loyality with the location but rather keep with their fellow lord.

If anything at all - they´ll work like Demon Warriors in terms of non-capturable, hence it will be possible to acquire them via the AI free prisoners loophole - unless that´s closed. What I pretty much hope for despite all the fun carrying around all these juicy troops right now :razz:

hoellenbewohner said:
Elvenshae said:
All of this concentrated awesome being taken into account, however, it looks like PoP 3.0 really needs to be migrated into Warband, if for no other reason than to eliminate the hard cap on troop types in the player's party. :grin:

This is true but it does have one excellent feature that after I had, I really miss it in PoP: Being able to create custom groups of your troops to give orders to. It would make sieges a lot better if you can have a portion of your troops ordered to stay off the ladders and shoot defenders off the walls while another group of infantry storms the walls. As it is now, too many of the top-tier infantry also have some sort of ranged weapon and respond to archer commands which makes it impossible to direct them separately.

Even in open-field battles being able to give appropriate orders based on designated groups would be a great advantage over doing it by the basic 3 unit types (archers, infantry cavalry)

mr48 said:
hoellenbewohner said:
Elvenshae said:

This is true but it does have one excellent feature that after I had, I really miss it in PoP: Being able to create custom groups of your troops to give orders to. It would make sieges a lot better if you can have a portion of your troops ordered to stay off the ladders and shoot defenders off the walls while another group of infantry storms the walls. As it is now, too many of the top-tier infantry also have some sort of ranged weapon and respond to archer commands which makes it impossible to direct them separately.

Even in open-field battles being able to give appropriate orders based on designated groups would be a great advantage over doing it by the basic 3 unit types (archers, infantry cavalry)

I like this feature as well.. however it will not be indcluded in this next release.  We are in the process of investigating (when I say we I mean Mad Vader), the scope of work to port this to Warband.  We are in the investigation phase to answer the question "Can this be done and then should this be done?".

Best,

Saxondragon

Until warband fixes the horrendous attack animations, I've given up playing it. I'm just not interested in the bizarre way it animates and the unrealistic approach it gives some weapons.

Warband didn't impress me in the trial, kinda made me go... "So why didn't they just add some of this stuff to Native????"

Warband is nice for a lot of thing. But Original M&B as his charm. Porting to Warband would be, imo, a waist for the next version since you guys seems to have worked a lot to make PoP 3 on M&B.

PoP 4 would be great on Warband :razz:

MadVader said:

Really???? Why does no one ever tell me these things?  Hi-ho, hi-ho, off to get a new OS I go....

And, since I have you on the horn: "Due to superhuman effort on the part of MadVader, (Edit: everybody should say many thanks to him..."

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.
:mrgreen:

Hi Saxondragon,
Wanted to post some fairly easy to implement ideas(I think)

How bout Making some of the requirements for Some weapons and Armour higher to help gameplay longetivity? For me, I find you get to a certain point in the game not too far into it when you've still plenty of territory to conquer but nothing to upgrade to any more. (I could help you with this if you like,  could do a new mock up of Arms & armours stats (with item editor) as they all would have to be adjusted relatively for gameplay balance and post em to you...Anywayz no pressure, but am willing if you want to have a look?
How about this as an option?.....you could also implement (not sure how easily?)  Higher/Quality Weapons & armours with imbued or mastercrafted abilites. Eg: Swords & armours That can have the power to add stat points. EG: (Breastplate\Axe) +2 STR or Iron flesh...... (boots\Javelin) +1 Athletics  (Sword) +30 One\H W-pts.....  Helm of Light + 1 Persuasion... and so on..    Very fun (as long as it doesn't get to ridiculous and make you god like)

This is a must for me- More ways to spend honor\prestige points( I know this is prob already in the works...
Is there any to get lords to follow you like The last Days Mod by spending points?

Regardless of the Above, POP is a glorious & colorful mod that i have enjoyed muchly, Thanks to Yourself & the POP TEAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom