Prophesy of Pendor 4.0 Developer Notes

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A quest to build your own epic weapon?  Yesplz.  One thing I really like about Pendor is how you guys have kind of incorporated quests into the world.  Would love to see more of that and more involved quests come 4.0

The problem with quests is that the engine is not at all geared to support them, each one we do is like a wrestling match to get them in. Therefore we will continue to include them for big events, but don't expect a full on RPG questing experience.

Naming weapons is out I am afraid, there is no text input into the game which is a major headache for the designers (and is also why you cannot choose your own kingdom name for example).

Yeah, M&B was never really coded to be quest-friendly, which is why PoP surprised me when I started playing it.  Only so much you guys can do with the mod.

Question though - the achievement system afaik is unique to PoP, could you use it to control quest flags?

as i said, warband was released too early, possibilities, options, creations, everything is difficult to add just because game creators were pressed
quests hmm
you don't have to create big, epic, cool quests as ghost lady, just more, available in early stages

DarkTemplar said:
you don't have to create big, epic, cool quests as ghost lady, just more, available in early stages

Well , we will be introducing new heartbeat quests for Knighthood Orders this time around, how this feature is going to be implemented is still in development so stayed tuned.. Hell, even I've taken part in this feature and have written a good amount personally, haha, so if all goes according to plan expect some new ones for PoP 4 specifically geared towards the Knighthood Orders  (Generic Ones, and also ones unique the Orders themselves based on their Lore) :wink:

More to come in time as this plan is still in a very early stage.

regards,

MP

DarkTemplar said:
as i said, warband was released too early, possibilities, options, creations, everything is difficult to add just because game creators were pressed
quests hmm

False. All features intended for warband were added to warband. There is always room for improvement in a sandbox game of this scale though. Cut the crap with devs rushing the game and being pressed plox.

They could have added much more, though, on the more gameplay wise stuff. Warband fixed a lot of technical stuff in the background, added Havoc and had some marginal improvements to the graphics. Nothing much happened to stuff like quests and cities.

keep in mind everyone let's try to keep discussions related to PoP here... Warband has been out for a few years now, and there's nothing we can do change what's hardcoded and what's not..

Instead, we're focusing on what we can focus on that we're able to edit and I can assure you will see new quests (similar to how the Quests are laid out in PoP 3.xx now) for PoP 4.

MP

I have complete confidence in you guys!!!  Your mod is just behind Skyrim for my most anticipated release for games and mods!!!!
Thank you for POP 3 and best of luck with POP 4!!!!!!!!!!!

PoP is the only game whose boards I have bothered visiting, not only do you make a game that for me is right up in the top 10 of games all time, but you actually seem to care about the community. You have my support and thanks!

The_Fan said:
I have complete confidence in you guys!!!  Your mod is just behind Skyrim for my most anticipated release for games and mods!!!!
Thank you for POP 3 and best of luck with POP 4!!!!!!!!!!!

Baronwes said:
PoP is the only game whose boards I have bothered visiting, not only do you make a game that for me is right up in the top 10 of games all time, but you actually seem to care about the community. You have my support and thanks!

Thank you for your kind remarks.  They are much appreicated.

Best regards,

Saxondragon

ya know,ive been following this for a while now.i dont say much or do much on these forums but i do look around and read quite a bit. but now that this much information is now out about PoP4 im REALLY exited about it. i thought PoP3.x was good (which doesnt even describe how good it actually is),now i see that the next game is gonna be just as good if not better! i appreciate all the hard work you guys are putting into this mod,most modders dont even come close to how dedicated you are to this community. i truly cant wait to see more,or much less when it comes out. i know i STILL havent finished PoP3.x (ive been playing for months,not even half the map is mine o.o) but im still enjoying it. but if i dont finish PoP3.x first i know its gonna kill me just having wait to play PoP4 next xP.

i thank you for all your hard work and dedication! i raise a glass in your honor good sirs/madams.

Cheers!

same here, its a forum topic i always come after a couple weeks, just to check if ti finally came out. So, for every person posting, you have a hundred eager to play what will be a mod to remember.

Take your time and do your best! It has worked so far :grin:

Theotian said:
hey guys i just saw that you where making a pop4 nice! how goes the work? :grin:

Its going! The writers are trying to finish up the companions at the moment, while the artists are giving the Snake Cult a make over. Overall there are some really nice things coming through, some of which I hope to show you all in the coming weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom