Prophesy of Pendor 4.0 Developer Notes

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@MitchyMatt

To further add to what Mordred said, and naturally everyone else for that matter..

Feel free to use any pictures posted here, as Sigs, the only thing we ask though as to not confuse the general public, make some reference to PoP 4 in the Sig.. Either by calling it Prophesy of Pendor: Legacy or Prophesy of Pendor: 4..

Only because we don't want people thinking these units are in PoP 3.xx :wink:.

But by all means enjoy! and looking forward to seeing some awesome new Sigs around the Taleworlds Boards (and hopefully TWC Boards!, don't forget about them either!).

regards,

MP

Great work, this looked more detailed than anything i saw in other strategy games.Hope you guys find a way to insert this great background into the game

Eh, they don't look that much stronger than the Empire in PoP3. I look forward to pwning them with my massive Pendor honor troop army.

Thrannduil said:
Eh, they don't look that much stronger than the Empire in PoP3. I look forward to pwning them with my massive Pendor honor troop army.

It'll be awhile before you'll get Pendor troops in PoP 4 :wink:.. So you'll look forward to pwning them with the other factions I guess early on... lol..

they are going to be epic...... if only their lancers perform as actual lancers and their ai lords actually use the troops as they are designed for (flank while infantry holds the line)

also all the spears makes me nervous as well!  hopefully you all can find a way to make them wield spears effectively!!!

I thought I should post here first put here are the first official Prophesy of Pendor: Legacy Signature Banners! Enjoy!

(I only had time to make just two tonight, more will follow soon with others  :cool: )

Stabeditlargebanner.png

nobles2editbanner.png

The melitinez are described in one word: badass.

I would now rant and rave about how I would never consider another faction besides the melitinez, but I honestly suspect the other factions will be just as badass.

Thinking melitine will be my first faction just so i don't get stuck on the end of one of those lances.

Rec0n412 said:
The melitinez are described in one word: badass.

I would now rant and rave about how I would never consider another faction besides the melitinez, but I honestly suspect the other factions will be just as badass.

Good to be checking the forums with the odd internet accessibility while on vacation, glad to see the community has enjoyed our latest preview.  Fun fact, when I started the melitine, I said, m0rdred, I really want them to be "badass,"  I am glad you like the results.  Sadly, the adjective, badass, if that is an adjective, will not be my inspiration for many other factions.  There is one major faction, and two minor factions that I can use the term, badass for.  Other terms I'd like to be in the backs of your mind, awe inspiring, clean, indomitable, and frickin sweet, not necessarily in that order.

Cheers :smile: from the Grand Canyon.

Tell you what would be awesome is if you could put your spear in the notch on the shield with a notch in it and make a shield wall. Impossible I imagine though

That was my original plan, or theory, it turned into a hole to look through while shielding ones self.  If you know any animators, then let me know, id be interested to see it work like a phalanx.

While it's awesome to have cool looking and powerful elite units. There's something to be enjoyed in a good, hardy middle or lower tier unit.
The Melitine looks like it'll have badass early and mid units, at least in looks. Not only does it seem more realistic and makes you want to avoid fielding all elite unit armies, it also just makes you more interested in a faction as a whole. At least for me.  Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.
@Saitar: Are you familiar with Vikingr? They employ a secondary spear animation that might match up or come close to matching up(with some tweaking of some sort) with the holy shields.
EDIT: Aw, I was going to ask about the face hugging. :u Or at least if mid tier units would have some other kind of melee weapon. Seems like defending with Melitine troops would be odd if almost everyone had spears or lances.

You could try talking to Papa Lazarou (The guy who made the enhanced animations pack). I think he has a community anims thread on the forge somewhere you could post on. Pretty sure a lot of people would like a phalanx in their mod at some time, so he might do it for you.

Also, I was wondering if the dev team will ever change the faces to look more like... faces. Or try to implement an OSP faces pack like this. http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,163242.0.html

is it weird that i sorta popped a boner when i saw all of the new updates thats gona be in POP4? i mean wow. i wana play it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom