Proper Loot someday?

Users who are viewing this thread

Trend

What is behind the boring Loot menu, because in battle I'm sure I saw an Imperial charger with full scale barding or something but I get only broken spears and rags?

Ok, I wasn't sure and in another battle I killed the enemy lord and rode his horse but again in Loot menu I can't find it?

Some supernatural power messes with my loot I think... Soon or never maybe?

But I'm generous... and and I always left my 70k bow when captured in the hands of the looters in the name of the grinding and the economy of Calradia!

Just wanna better horse armor :lol:

If it drops it's going to be a damaged version of it ;/ Mary an imperial lady for the good version, AFAIK every imperial lady has it.

This is probably partially incorrect but I think roguery skill indirectly helps, I think you get like "loot credit" for the killed enemies in battle (but does tier matter?) and the game rolls chances for loot based on the items value, les value more likely, more expensive less likely (or impossible if not enough loot credit), so having higher roguery and winning larger battles (killing units in 1 or final battle only) gives you more chances to get better items, but you will always get mostly a tun of cheap items even if you beat 200 elite cataphracts.

There's probably more too it but that's my non-massive-block-of-code-reading understanding.

What is behind the boring Loot menu, because in battle I'm sure I saw an Imperial charger with full scale barding or something but I get only broken spears and rags?

Ok, I wasn't sure and in another battle I killed the enemy lord and rode his horse but again in Loot menu I can't find it?

Some supernatural power messes with my loot I think... Soon or never maybe?
ECONOMY , LOGISTICS and WARFARE SUGGESTION LIST
in this thread you will find 2 thread with suggestion related specifically on the problem that you have exposed, and the titles are:
-DURABILITY, DEGRADATION AND MAINTENACE SYSTEM,SMITHING SKILL AND PRICE BALANCE
-ECONOMIC,PRODUCTION,SOCIAL STABILITY THREAD

they are lengthy, but they offer the solution you require and go into detail (detail useful to developers more than to the user)

Logically, if it drops on the battlefield, someone's gonna pick it up, and that might not be you. And if it's armour or weapons, then there's a chance it will be broken, old, rusty, etc. So that's fair.

What I do think, is that there should be a pathway to repair battlefield loot. To polish up that rusty jewelled imperial helmet.

This is probably partially incorrect but I think roguery skill indirectly helps, I think you get like "loot credit" for the killed enemies in battle (but does tier matter?) and the game rolls chances for loot based on the items value, les value more likely, more expensive less likely (or impossible if not enough loot credit), so having higher roguery and winning larger battles (killing units in 1 or final battle only) gives you more chances to get better items, but you will always get mostly a tun of cheap items even if you beat 200 elite cataphracts.

There's probably more too it but that's my non-massive-block-of-code-reading understanding.
We have already discussed it in another topic.

Long story short, every killed enemy drops only ONE item from its loadout (be it horse, armour/clothing, or weapon/ammo). This item is determined according to value and tier threshold formulas. The main problem is that vanilla values are VERY LOW, that is why you get mostly ****ty armour and weapons from combat loot. And even if you get a high tier item, it will have a negative modifier applied (reduced value), rending it useless anyway.
In addition, tournament prizes are governed (at least partially) by the same formulas, so they are also cheap and almost useless (except for early game).

If you really want good loot, welcome to this topic (if you are not afraid of some manual game file tinkering):

BTW manual file tweaking is currently the only way to improve game loot. Loot mods are either too OP, or will introduce game-breaking bugs and mod conflicts.

With above 200 rougery my most expensive single item from loot was worth about 1000 coins... Of course it was cracked, ragged etc and of course i can't bring it to blacksmith to fix it.

On May 4 2021 I did get the Reinforced Chainmail Barding 64 armor, was in 1.5.10 and the rest was really poor loot. I was so surprised I took a screen shot.

vZ0eA.png

Doing a handful of 200ish vs 200ish battles in fast succession and it will bring me probably close to 200k+ once all is processed. Stuff I don't want is sold. Trash melted down and materials used to create something of higher value etc. Complaining about loot when you can make cash so easy from it, is silly imho. Also the higher your rogue skill is the better the loot.

Also fighting looters, bandits and such is not where the good loot is. Although pitchforks and wood hammers make great wood resources..

Doing a handful of 200ish vs 200ish battles in fast succession and it will bring me probably close to 200k+ once all is processed. Stuff I don't want is sold. Trash melted down and materials used to create something of higher value etc. Complaining about loot when you can make cash so easy from it, is silly imho. Also the higher your rogue skill is the better the loot.

Also fighting looters, bandits and such is not where the good loot is. Although pitchforks and wood hammers make great wood resources..
I don't see much difference with high rougery skill. I still get same low value ****.
If loot is created to be sold why even bother with this mechanic? Just remove it and replace it with additional money gain

With above 200 rougery my most expensive single item from loot was worth about 1000 coins... Of course it was cracked, ragged etc and of course i can't bring it to blacksmith to fix it.
That is so fun....TW has made looting the same grinding bore after every battle. Sometimes I think they could not make a more boring game if they really tried.

Reminder:
1. In Warband you could get decent items after every fight and not everything was cracked scrap. Player was able to collect gear for companions without buying single piece (in bannerlord decent armour price starts from 200k for single piece because of "paper armour" feature, high value armour is only way to have some kind of protection, everything below is just cosmetics).
2. Looting skill was party skill so you could have companion for it.
3. In VC you could repair damaged gear.
4. In VC you could get better loot for price of party morale.

You clearly can't SEE the point but ok I'll explain:
1. It's not about the money everybody is swimming in them - poor dev decision for money making and game mechanics.

2. It's not about the whole Smithing/blacksmith thing which is... poor dev decision and game mechanic.

3. It's not about my Roguery skill - at lvl 1 gives me the same amount of **** loot as when I change it to lvl 250 which is... poor dev decision and game mechanic.

4. It's about the idea that there is NO IMMERSION, life and soul in the game, so talk about theese silly things.

PS I didn't know that the good loot wasnt in the looters, bandits and the other scum. Thnx for sharing this deep knowledge. So where you find the good loot, coz I'm thinking nobody is..

Back
Top Bottom