BEAST - Bannerlord Early Access Skirmish Tournament

BEAST is the first Bannerlord Skirmish tournament in Europe.

Quick Overview

Category
Bannerlord
Language
English (UK)
Total members
Total events
Total discussions

Promotion in Beast#4 / Transition to 6 team divisions

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey everybody,

like I said earlier: we want to move to a shorter tournament format. That would affect our current progression in such a way that for a lot of teams playing the coming season would be rather pointless in terms of ladder progression.

So when we talked about the progression two criteria were important to me personally:
1. Teams should stay motivated to win. That means progression in the ladder can be lost or gained.
2. Every new division should at least potentially have influx from the adjacent divisions.

This is @Aeronwen 's suggestion, that we agreed on:
The first table should enable you to see your place in Beast#5 according to your position in Beast#4.
For example if you reach place 14 in Beast#4 ( so 6th place in div B) you'll end up in divison C for Beast #5. Keep a close look on the right most row since positions shift slightly due to progressions.

The second table highlights which teams are eligble for progression matches at the end of Beast #4.
For example the 6th place (6th place A division) and the 9th (1st place B division) fight for a spot in the new division A.

I want to highlight that the winner of division D in Beast#4 can potentially jump over the whole division D in Beast #5 and end up in the new division C.
It is not decided yet but when Beast#5 comes out, we might handle fast progression similarly.

unknown.png
unknown.png

- Why do you want to switch to 6 divisions per team?
Because a 8 division season leads to a 7+1 week long tourney. That's not only exhausting for the teams but also for the adminstration. Also with a shorter tournament we can implement rule changes quicker or take breaks for other potential tournaments.​

- I think this progression system is unfair!
Yes, we can understand that. But we tried really hard to enable progression to at least all the top teams in our current divisions. At least the fight for you position in the ladder is more important, due to the raised stakes. So fight hard for your spot!​

- It's too confusing!
Try to focus only on your team's division. It's way easier to look where your team could potentially end than trying to grasp the whole concept. If you really can't grasp it feel free to ask for help.​

Is progression going to change with the step to smaller divisions in Beast #5?
Yes possibly. We talked about having no progression matches or just having progression matches in every 2nd division. However the grand final and fast progression (when added) will probably always require matches.​

Wouldn't C24 vs. D26 be fairer?
note that the old D division loses 2 team to progression matches one at the new CD boundary and one at the new DE boundary, only DE boundary match will result in a team entering the new E. Therefore a team has to drop into E without a match, obviously the candidate for that is the team that finishes last in the old C div.
Otherwise you would have C24 having a match to possibly retain their place and C23 dropping down without a match.

It is kinda hard to visulise.

Last edited:
Ok basically let me explain it.4 division of 8 are splitting into 6 divisions of 6.The three top teams from B,C and D division in Beast#4 will play promotion matches with 4th ranked team from B,6th ranked team from A,C and D are not even worth discussing and if they win they take their spot.7 and 8th teams from A get demoted to B 5th,6th,7th,8th from B get demoted to C and so on.Can't explain it in more a simple way.

I think admins should consider canceling the Promotion Matches between 6th place and 1st place for next tournament (BEAST 5). And save this match for 5th and 2nd place.

Just noticed that table that Aeronwed provided in this topic is different to the tables in the Ikeas post.
Is there any mistake? Why TCV (div B 5th place) has promotion match eventho they're out of B?
+ why aren't they playing against div C 1st place? Why div C 2nd place gets a chance to be promoted while div C 1nd place has to defend its place against AE?

Just noticed that table that Aeronwed provided in this topic is different to the tables in the Ikeas post.
Is there any mistake? Why TCV (div B 5th place) has promotion match eventho they're out of B?
+ why aren't they playing against div C 1st place? Why div C 2nd place gets a chance to be promoted while div C 1nd place has to defend its place against AE?

I haven't had a chance to trouble check it yet.
But if it's wrong we'll fix it asap

ye there is a difference between the graphic and the ruleset. The finals thread is made according to the rule set but I asked Ikea to check it through as I have worked many hours already yesterday and today. So after making teh trhead I declared I am due a break.

edit
rules say
§ 5 Final and Promotion Matches Format

(1) For each Divisions the team that placed first will be seed 1, the team that placed second will be seed 2 etcetera. see Transition thread for explanation
  • Final : Division A 1st place vs. Division A 2nd place
  • Promotion Match 1: Division A seed 6 vs. Division B seed 1
  • Promotion Match 2: Division B seed 4 vs. Division C seed 1
  • Promotion Match 3: Division C seed 2 vs. Division D seed 1
  • Promotion Match 4: Division C seed 7 vs. Division D seed2

TCV have have B4 and therefore they are entitled to the match, if they dont want to play its a default. No other team is entitled to that place in the match.
C1 is taking the promo match (I think there was a copy paste error in the graphic)
C2 will defend against AE

The way the promo matches work is based on the fact we are moving from 8 team divs to 6 team divs. so teams winning their old divs get a chance to move up by playing against teams that would be at the lower point of the new divs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom