Users who are viewing this thread

ViKingOutLDR

Recruit
First I have to say Bannerlord is a great game and I have been really addicted to it.

There is a few things that I can't really figure out, might be something I don't understand.
I play the latest version on Xbox.

In my Kingdom I have promoted a total of 6 companions to lords and they have been given 20K and a fief as startup.
In my save they are all useless, they don't gather tropps or contribute in the kingdom at all, always under the 40% so I can't add them to my army.
Some of them have been granted 5 fiefs and city as well, so they should have enough income to gather troops by now.
I have also tried to give some of them money now and then 20-30K at a time, but seems the money just vanish.

Have also tried to donate troops to their garrisons, but they seem to disappear shortly after as well. I had hoped at least the lords kept them in the garrison or picked them up in their parties.

I travel from town to town to sell my smithed swords (smithy 300+) as I have to bribe all other factions to not attack me. The problem is that many cities only has 20-30k in cash and I often need to raise much more. For sure hard to survive as a Kingdom at least financially, I pay around 30K a day in bribes and slowly expand my Kingdom in the process.

I really hope there will be a possibility to make alliances in the future, not only make war/peace in the kingdom tab.
I tried to merry away a sister or daughter in a previous save, and made an alliance, but it was broken shortly after, so that was not a good idea.

I also hope that the King always should have the option to grant a taken castle/city as his own, at least when you propose owner change.
To my surprise I was not able to grant it to myself the 2'nd time I tried this. The idea was to get it myself first, then grant it to another lord with the right culture. The first time I proposed such an owner change it worked very well for me as I wanted a castle to promote another companion. I try to keep the cities myself, but unfortunately that doesn't always work.

Any suggestions if I have missed something would be preciated, and hope the developers have a look at some of my frustrations.
Guess there are more players sharing the same experiences.

ViKingOutLDR

Last edited:
in general these are common and known issues which are afaik under construction

in order to get around the lords not recruiting problematic you can try the following:

give the promoted lords gold through bartering (at least 100k each). that should make them start recruiting. as soon as they are successful in fighting, they should be able to recruit on their own. as soon as they are loosing, they will struggle again. the base problem is that they dont have money.

sadly, the economy is in a terrible shape right now. this is -mainly but not exclusively- because of the massive amount of wars and settlement owner switches (siege-rebellion-siege-rebellion) and resulting negative prosperity drift (most of the towns prosperity below 1500(even 1500 is overall bad))

When you make peace with a kingdom every clan in your kingdom has to pay for peace not just the player so they are getting g drained of all those funds because of peace deals

Back
Top Bottom