Project Zomboid

Users who are viewing this thread

The last time I played multiplayer, I had a lot of fun. We stopped playing after a while though because zombies weren't respawning or migrating across the map. We also looted about everything. Are these still problems, or have they fixed them yet?

40% off on steam right now, is it worth it?

I've read reviews as of 10-5-14 that the whole game is spent looking for a trowel and an axe because of how you can't create your own tools for those. (And yes, I understand it's still in Alpha)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/108600/

Asulador said:
40% off on steam right now, is it worth it?

I've read reviews as of 10-5-14 that the whole game is spent looking for a trowel and an axe because of how you can't create your own tools for those. (And yes, I understand it's still in Alpha)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/108600/

It is worth it. You can spend the whole game looking for an axe and a trowel, or you could walk straight to the closest warehouse and pick those up.

Not sure where those reviewers got that idea from. In my most recent games, a trowel was probably among the most easiest items to find. They are pretty much everywhere whenever I play.

Trowels are pretty common, since you can loot them in stores, kitchens, or warehouses. What I need right now is a spade so that I can transport some soil up to the roof of the mall. I've got plans! :grin:

To my knowledge that's just hardmode. Personally, I always go for Park Ranger since it lets you avoid getting illnesses caused by rain. Otherwise you'll be restricted quite a bit by the weather.

My face when a random helicopter flies over, intense music starts playing and when I look outside from my **** little hideout there's a horde of at least 100 zombies rampaging right through my perimeter.

7_juG.jpg

At least I survived that ****show. Now I gotta go see if the helicopter was just a random horde event or if it actually dropped something.

They added helicopters? Are they just a toss up between random noise maker or maybe a lucky drop? I'm starting to lose hope for this game, and every time I check the Steam page, the community is turning bit by bit against them. I really want it to succeed.

It's a great game but the dev team is tiny. Ever since they released the first ever public builds 6+ years ago it's been slow. Most of the negative Steam reviews are about wanting a faster dev cycle and not about the 100+ hours of gameplay they've had and enjoyed. Unless they get loads of money, it's going to stay like this. They release updates constantly but the actual feature implementation is slower.

They've added the vehicle test build and it's actually pretty awesome!

(also messing around with the incomplete physics)

Honestly this is one of the few games that even with co-op end up being boring as ****. Reading books slowly, low inventory carry limit, crafting is clunky, dissuaded from using guns, melee fighting very risky.. Now all that would be fine if there was anything fun to do at all in the game, but there isn't.

You're not wrong. Perhaps I should reword my first statement by saying it has the potential to be a great game. :razz:

At the moment there is no point in doing anything. I really enjoyed the old versions with the tutorial quest, it felt quite immersive. An actual story that expands on their old story quest would be really great. I'll come back and play properly in about five years.

Yea, stuff like that is more what I meant. I know the team is small and all, and I've been following a long time. But when they removed Kate and Baldspot for seemingly no reason and never added them back and have said that functioning NPCs are just around the corner for 4 years, but all that ever comes is incremental little micro changes it begins to make you lose faith.

Back
Top Bottom