Project Zomboid

Users who are viewing this thread

Rahn

Count
http://projectzomboid.com/blog/

Survive

Surviving isn't just about blowing zombie's heads off. Depression, starvation, trust issues, loneliness, illness, insanity. These are just some of the things you have to deal with in Project Zomboid.
First of all — YOU WILL DIE
You're trapped in a quarantined city with a million zombies. There is no escape. There is no cure. The end is coming, so get used to it.

•Project Zomboid is a Zombie Survival RPG. Here are some of its planned features:
◦Retro-isometric style with plenty of zombie insides thrown in for good measure.
◦A massive city and the surrounding areas to traverse, explore and loot.
◦Open-ended sandbox world – survival is your only goal, and we’re sorry to tell you… you WILL die eventually.
◦Get infected. How will you spend your final days? Will you have a heroic moment of self-sacrifice, or end up chewing your best friend's throat out?
◦Meet other survivors who you can join forces with, trade with, undertake missions for, or fight with for resources.
◦Loot, salvage, and build what you need to survive the apocalypse, from food and medical supplies, to weapons, even just booze to help get you through the nights.
◦Advanced item crafting allows you to use looted items to build weapons, traps, defenses, and many other things to help you survive.
◦Character progression. Learn skills and perks to help your character face the challenges of survival.
◦Starvation, illness, loneliness, depression, alcoholism, drug addiction, suicide, insanity, trust issues. There's more to zombie survival than shooting zombie heads off.
◦Join your friends and survive the apocalypse together in co-op multiplayer.
◦The world changes the longer you survive; power plants fail, plunging the city into darkness and making batteries and tinned food prized commodities. The army rolls into the streets to perform ‘clean up operations’ and other gamechanging events occur the longer you survive.
◦Play in your browser, or stand-alone, on PC, Mac and Linux.

It's currently Pre-Alpha, so there's not a whole lot of features right now. Patches are coming out quite regularly though, and it's already given me more enjoyment than most other new games.

A free demo can be downloaded on their website. The full game currently costs £5.00.

otherzombie.png

ZomboidScreen2.jpg

Came across this a few days ago, haven't made a decision about buying yet though, but I think I'll end up getting it one of these days.

Love the purchase options :razz:

So you have to buy another game from them......To get THIS game?
I don't even understand how that marketing works.... Unless of course im just being silly and them full game can be bought normally.

Google checkout got a little annoyed by them selling a game that technically doen't exist yet. They'll start selling it directly when they stop calling it a tech demo.

Like Ljas said, Paypal and Google Check Out froze their accounts multiple times, because they weren't selling a finished game (much like Mount & Blade or Minecraft). To get around that, they're selling truly terrible yet 'finished' 8-bit games and giving away Project Zomboid with any purchase.

Not a bad idea really.

In a gameplay vid I've seen the controls seemed really clunky and not responding well. Which is a shame, this could be fun.

Yeah, I bought it a few days ago. Has good promise. You should definitely be prepared to die a lot. I'm waiting for the next release to play it a bit more, where the 100% infection rate of scratches is fixed (supposed to be 25%).

And a useful tip to everyone playing it the first time: be sure to give Kate a pillow to help make her more comfortable:wink:

EIT: added link for clarification.

So... once the oven explodes, how the hell do I get me and Kate out alive? If I go out the one exit I burn, if I go out the other I get swarmed by zombies.

In the next update (which they've been working on since June) you can cook. :razz:

Here is what to expect:

1) Craftable doors. Smashed doors have a chance of dropping hinges and door knobs.
2) Open doors now block vision/collide at their new angle.
3) Professions and traits – initial character customization.
4) Cooking food. Fully functional ovens.
5) Food now goes bad. Refrigerators slow down the process. Eat perishables first!
6) Chance of illness if eating spoilt or uncooked food.
7) Bored and depressed moodles. Read books or magazines or go for a stroll outside to relieve boredom (more later). Eating cooked meals also reduces boredom / depression.
8 ) Curtains. Block view into building without needing barricades. Sheets can be used to make makeshift curtains.
9) Various bug/crash fixes. Notably no more fire crashes.
10) Burglar alarm on a couple of random buildings on the map.
11) Barricading and crafting etc now takes time to complete. Alterable by different traits.
12) A few more foods and cooking apparatus / crafting recipes.
13)  Customizable characters. Most of the legwork for the NPC update already done due to this.
14) Sandbox mode / Adventures of Kate and Baldspot
15) Moddable items, moddable crafting recipes, moddable item distribution, moddable maps, moddable costumes / characters.
16) Rain gets you wet. Colds. Get a cold, coughing and sneezing draws zombie attention. Tissues will mute the sound you make.
17)  Wearable clothing.
1:cool: Jukebox – at moment with some old PAWS tunes. Convert your music to OGG to play tunes in-game. Will add walkman to later update. Being in range of playing Jukebox reduces the players boredom and unhappiness. The Jukebox also serves as a distraction to attract zombies as you slip out the back door.

Rahn said:
In the next update (which they've been working on since June) you can cook. :razz:

Here is what to expect:

1) Craftable doors. Smashed doors have a chance of dropping hinges and door knobs.
2) Open doors now block vision/collide at their new angle.
3) Professions and traits – initial character customization.
4) Cooking food. Fully functional ovens.
5) Food now goes bad. Refrigerators slow down the process. Eat perishables first!
6) Chance of illness if eating spoilt or uncooked food.
7) Bored and depressed moodles. Read books or magazines or go for a stroll outside to relieve boredom (more later). Eating cooked meals also reduces boredom / depression.
8 ) Curtains. Block view into building without needing barricades. Sheets can be used to make makeshift curtains.
9) Various bug/crash fixes. Notably no more fire crashes.
10) Burglar alarm on a couple of random buildings on the map.
11) Barricading and crafting etc now takes time to complete. Alterable by different traits.
12) A few more foods and cooking apparatus / crafting recipes.
13)  Customizable characters. Most of the legwork for the NPC update already done due to this.
14) Sandbox mode / Adventures of Kate and Baldspot
15) Moddable items, moddable crafting recipes, moddable item distribution, moddable maps, moddable costumes / characters.
16) Rain gets you wet. Colds. Get a cold, coughing and sneezing draws zombie attention. Tissues will mute the sound you make.
17)  Wearable clothing.
1:cool: Jukebox – at moment with some old PAWS tunes. Convert your music to OGG to play tunes in-game. Will add walkman to later update. Being in range of playing Jukebox reduces the players boredom and unhappiness. The Jukebox also serves as a distraction to attract zombies as you slip out the back door.
This looks pretty damn dandy, but since I recently bought Old World Blues I can't buy this game.. how sad  :???:

Back
Top Bottom