Project S

Users who are viewing this thread

"Forde is a great place to visit... if you don't mind the stench of fish and **** that is."
NYyGmkj.png

The Siege of Falconwatch (demons x falcon)

The eternal darkness descends over Perisno as the demon lords reign supreme. Only the stubborn falcon remains.
This siege was fun to record, even though there were a few bugs that will be adressed before release.​

Wonderfully done, Dark_Hamlet, just two things, I am not sure if it was me or not

1. the rock texture the castle is on looks stretched because of the polygons (at least to me, but it is possible the texture normally looks like that)

2. The windows Falcons are shooting from (a wonderful idea btw), the ones in the facade don't look really good, some dimension wouldn't hurt

Thanks for sharing!

Guess who was right!
Amazing work. I loved the night setting and all those fore arrows. Not to talk about 4:18. I am looking forward to play it and to your next upload.

The siege of Falconwrath looks great, it would be the best siege I've seen so far in any warband mod. You don't fight in one spot, You have to conquer next strategic points. I'm afraid only of reinforcements spawn point, because it takes so much time to get inside the fortress from starting position.

The golden age of elves is a distant memory, it's mysteries lost forever, it's culture fading away, it's cities sorrowful splendour.

bLzMchi.png

arduus said:
Wonderfully done, Dark_Hamlet, just two things, I am not sure if it was me or not

1. the rock texture the castle is on looks stretched because of the polygons (at least to me, but it is possible the texture normally looks like that)

2. The windows Falcons are shooting from (a wonderful idea btw), the ones in the facade don't look really good, some dimension wouldn't hurt

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the feedback arduus.

1. Unfortunately the stretched texture is an unintended consequence for the look I was trying to achieve. Any other solutions I can think of would cause the edge to become rounder. I may revisit it in the future though with new ideas.

2. Could you elaborate?

Savigo said:
The siege of Falconwrath looks great, it would be the best siege I've seen so far in any warband mod. You don't fight in one spot, You have to conquer next strategic points. I'm afraid only of reinforcements spawn point, because it takes so much time to get inside the fortress from starting position.

This is something I'm worried about too and I'll likely place it closer to the gates.

Now that will be a wonderful siege map, well done, Dark_Hamlet!

I was talking about those windows here:

1zygh6u.jpg

They look too plain, almost 2d, maybe because we are facing the structure straight. Once you release the mod, I will be able to take a better look :grin:

Dark_Hamlet said:
The golden age of elves is a distant memory, it's mysteries lost forever, it's culture fading away, it's cities sorrowful splendour.

bLzMchi.png

arduus said:

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the feedback arduus.

1. Unfortunately the stretched texture is an unintended consequence for the look I was trying to achieve. Any other solutions I can think of would cause the edge to become rounder. I may revisit it in the future though with new ideas.

2. Could you elaborate?

Savigo said:

This is something I'm worried about too and I'll likely place it closer to the gates.

In my opinion, mossy cobblestone structures dont fit elves at all.

King Torlian ordered this bridge to be built for his summer castle. Do you think he's compensating for something?

QPssoQJ.png

Now for the Big News!

I'm releasing all my scenes today! It's hundreds of new castles, villages, towns and dungeons!

Even better news!

You can obtain any of them for the low low price of $9.99! For your convenience you can purchase them in special bundles with great offers!!

ciqkvEL.png

WOW such amazingness

Feel the sense of pride and accomplishment by buying the many, many scene packs!

CMUXNCR.png

Buy a single scene or choose a bundle! It's all about player choice!

Still in doubt? Hear the amazing reviews from our amazing players!

"When I bought Hamlet's scene packs it... it changed my life".

"Good"

"I thought buying a bunch of crap over the internet was a great idea!"

"I had to forfeit my education but it was all worth it!"

Wow such amazing reviews. BUY NOW!

There's no guarantee any of these products work. No refunds. By using your credit card information you give us full authorization to drain your bank account. If you didn't realise this is a joke by now you're as dense as a rock. 

Hey is that castle below 90F in the summer? Coming from Maccavia I like summers around 80F. Those lava pools also look dangerous. Can a horse fit on the bridge? That's a long walk.

Dantelh said:
Hey is that castle below 90F in the summer? Coming from Maccavia I like summers around 80F. Those lava pools also look dangerous. Can a horse fit on the bridge? That's a long walk.

I'm sorry, but this is Torlian's private summer home and only loyal tolranians are invited to the feast, you'll have to leave sir.

Actually this is just a silly castle I made for a joke so don't worry it will never see the light of day again. Hope you have a wonderful day!

The Siege of Forde (tolrania x maccavia)

The Red Death reaches the maccavian shores
Everything went right until it went wrong, sorry for the bugfixing gore at the end  :facepalm:

arduus said:
They look too plain, almost 2d, maybe because we are facing the structure straight. Once you release the mod, I will be able to take a better look :grin:

I agree with you, those square windows look bad, I'll see what I can do about them.

Apstinentas said:
In my opinion, mossy cobblestone structures dont fit elves at all.

I'm not questioning your opinion, but I want to share some information about the reasoning behind the use of this type of material:

The elves of Elintor are formidable warriors, creative artists and agile workers, but they lack any talent for engineering. They can build houses and put materials together, but have a very poor grasp of mathematics, relying on engineers from other races to plan any big construction project. But even the best foreign engineer can't make sense of the old architecture and even when they can the buildings are too massive and costly to properly maintain.

Notice I didn't refer to those buildings as elven, as they actually belong to a much older culture, which ruled over men and elves long ago. They were a large empire that ruled from Khul Nebeski, now known as Khul Vara, and are the reason for many of the ruins dotted around the land, for bringing elves to Perisno and for their own demise.

In this ancient society even men who came from slavery could obtain a form of citizenship with enough effort, but elves were slaves for life. They were brought by conquests in foreign lands and thus were seen as strange by the empire populace and judged to be a lesser being together with the likes of giants and dwarves, but unlike the latter which could leverage power thanks to their military and economic might the elves had nothing to offer but their bodies as either work or sex slaves. Elven kind was treated as cattle under this ancient empire and would be born and die as slaves.

Although the ancient masters are gone they left behind many cities and fortresses still inhabited by their elven slaves. The elves banded together and at some point, with the help of fully stocked armories, were strong enough to be left alone by all but the most stubborn invader. As part of their duties as slaves many elves were blacksmiths, bowyers and hunters and thus they naturally became a faction of expert archers wielding the weapons and armor of their former masters.

Nowadays the empire is all but ruins and even the cities kept by the elves are crumbling as it's too expensive to maintain all sections of the old cities and thus only critical and emergency repairs are made to prevent collapses and only the houses of the most rich denizens and lords are fully maintained.

So don't be surprised to see elves living in old decaying buildings, they're making the best out of a bad situation.

If any of the above doesn't make sense with the current lore it's because it isn't part of it. This is part 2 of my project which I haven't revealed yet so this will be our little secret ok?

I think I have an idea as to what this project might be now, after all these years of waiting.

Back
Top Bottom