Project S

Users who are viewing this thread

Dark_Hamlet said:
The Siege of Forde (tolrania x maccavia)

The Red Death reaches the maccavian shores
Everything went right until it went wrong, sorry for the bugfixing gore at the end  :facepalm:

arduus said:
They look too plain, almost 2d, maybe because we are facing the structure straight. Once you release the mod, I will be able to take a better look :grin:

I agree with you, those square windows look bad, I'll see what I can do about them.

Apstinentas said:
In my opinion, mossy cobblestone structures dont fit elves at all.

I'm not questioning your opinion, but I want to share some information about the reasoning behind the use of this type of material:

The elves of Elintor are formidable warriors, creative artists and agile workers, but they lack any talent for engineering. They can build houses and put materials together, but have a very poor grasp of mathematics, relying on engineers from other races to plan any big construction project. But even the best foreign engineer can't make sense of the old architecture and even when they can the buildings are too massive and costly to properly maintain.

Notice I didn't refer to those buildings as elven, as they actually belong to a much older culture, which ruled over men and elves long ago. They were a large empire that ruled from Khul Nebeski, now known as Khul Vara, and are the reason for many of the ruins dotted around the land, for bringing elves to Perisno and for their own demise.

In this ancient society even men who came from slavery could obtain a form of citizenship with enough effort, but elves were slaves for life. They were brought by conquests in foreign lands and thus were seen as strange by the empire populace and judged to be a lesser being together with the likes of giants and dwarves, but unlike the latter which could leverage power thanks to their military and economic might the elves had nothing to offer but their bodies as either work or sex slaves. Elven kind was treated as cattle under this ancient empire and would be born and die as slaves.

Although the ancient masters are gone they left behind many cities and fortresses still inhabited by their elven slaves. The elves banded together and at some point, with the help of fully stocked armories, were strong enough to be left alone by all but the most stubborn invader. As part of their duties as slaves many elves were blacksmiths, bowyers and hunters and thus they naturally became a faction of expert archers wielding the weapons and armor of their former masters.

Nowadays the empire is all but ruins and even the cities kept by the elves are crumbling as it's too expensive to maintain all sections of the old cities and thus only critical and emergency repairs are made to prevent collapses and only the houses of the most rich denizens and lords are fully maintained.

So don't be surprised to see elves living in old decaying buildings, they're making the best out of a bad situation.

If any of the above doesn't make sense with the current lore it's because it isn't part of it. This is part 2 of my project which I haven't revealed yet so this will be our little secret ok?

:grin: Simply loved it. Favourite featute: using boats to create a path that leads to the city. Wonderful!

Ok.

bN2qzerh.jpg

I know I mispelled his. I can't write.

"If you want to control the world you have to start with it's seat."
68oMKXY.jpg

The Crown and the Faith are the pillars of the world.
XtTfNVq.jpg

"Galwe is the largest city in the known world."
2PWf9Z7.jpg

Dark_Hamlet said:
68oMKXY.jpg

XtTfNVq.jpg

2PWf9Z7.jpg
Awesome city :smile:
Btw,it looks like a combination of Casterly Rock and the King's Landing, isn't it?

Crimsonmist said:
Dark_Hamlet said:
68oMKXY.jpg

XtTfNVq.jpg

2PWf9Z7.jpg
Awesome city :smile:
Btw,it looks like a combination of Casterly Rock and the King's Landing, isn't it?

Yes! GOT's KL was a big inspiration.

In no one asked news, this is one of the last castles for my persistent kingdoms project, my personal take on Shadiversity's awesome Honorguard (link below):

Honorguard on Youtube

dxOsQt4.jpg

vqCC0vS.png

Castle is protected by several rows of defenses and should be a nightmare for any attacker. All buildings (including the keep) have interiors accessible without the use of passages (teleport doors).

Dago Wolfrider said:
P. S. Where have you read that famous sentence? :shifty:

Grandpa hamlet used to repeat that constantly. We don't visit grandpa anymore.

Dark_Hamlet said:
In no one asked news, this is one of the last castles for my persistent kingdoms project, my personal take on Shadiversity's awesome Honorguard (link below):

Honorguard on Youtube

dxOsQt4.jpg

vqCC0vS.png

Castle is protected by several rows of defenses and should be a nightmare for any attacker. All buildings (including the keep) have interiors accessible without the use of passages (teleport doors).

Dago Wolfrider said:
P. S. Where have you read that famous sentence? :shifty:

Grandpa hamlet used to repeat that constantly. We don't visit grandpa anymore.

Give me ten good men and...

-Bronn

:shock: Amazing work as ever.  :shock:

Funny. Cause I quoted that sentence not long before you, in another thread. :iamamoron:

Hi folks, it's been a while huh *clears cobwebs*. Here's a little update for anyone interested:

• I'm still working on my persistent kingdoms projects (now remade for the 3rd time!) which I severely underestimated how long it would take and I'm also doing a little scene for a singleplayer siege scene contest! I haven't published any screenshots yet but go check the other scenes out, there's a lot of amazing stuff there or go and publish your own scene:

• I'm still working on Project S for Perisno. Nothing major to show yet, but I took a screenshot from a certain Tolranian castle I've been working on with a more somber theme:

1BuK1Iu.jpg

That's all for now!

Hi folks! This is what I've been up to lately:

It's the scene I'm making for the modding contest. It gives many different possibilities and strategies for players both when attacking and when defending.

In the video I'll show you the shawshank way of attacking a castle. Hope you enjoy it!

With this scene fresh out of the oven I can give more attention to my Perisno project and hopefully have something worth of showing soon.

You are terrible with ranged weapons, but we love you nonetheless, Dark Hamlet. Good luck with the competition, your scene will clearly be one of the best. Hope you get back to Perisno modding soon, you already kept us waiting long enough, don't you think?

"Goddess protect me."

u39YGtX.png

arduus said:
You are terrible with ranged weapons, but we love you nonetheless, Dark Hamlet. Good luck with the competition, your scene will clearly be one of the best. Hope you get back to Perisno modding soon, you already kept us waiting long enough, don't you think?

At this rate it's almost becoming tradition for me to post only once or twice a month  :lol:

Back
Top Bottom