SP Native Project Detail Props (v0.6)

Users who are viewing this thread

My guess is: after the name, there are four numbers in a row. the last one is the one you're after.

Seeing how well you guys use these tools gives me the urge to move into our new office at once and create tons of new objects and buildings.

I'll be looking forward to that. All i need is a battlement corner, a battlement gate, some stairs that have a solid bottom that doesn't flare out, a couple of towers and winding circular staircases, and i'll be set.

Ingolifs said:
My guess is: after the name, there are four numbers in a row. the last one is the one you're after.

I thought of that, but many of them have the same number.

And yeah, those are the most crucial ones. After that it'll be fort building galore. :grin:

okiN said:
One question, though: Where exactly in troops.txt are the entry numbers displayed? I took a quick look but couldn't figure it out.

It is hidden in the fifth entry. It is multiplied by 65536 and added to the scene-no.

So:
entry-no =3
scene-no = 19

fifth entry would be: 3 * 65536 + 19

right i might as well try... um... i... call.... wercheg?

>:EDIT:< yup after checking im calling Wercheg!

How about at the begining of the thread a list of people with the towns there editing?

Goodjob everyone, especially like Lhorkans work with the keep. I've just gotten back from school, so i'll start up on Tihr. Barry's castle can wait a bit.

Playing around with scenes.txt, changed salt mine entry to:

Code:
scn_salt_mine Salt_Mine 792 none none -100.000000 -100.000000 100.000000 100.000000 -100.000000 0

Looks like it may be:

scn_salt_mine = .sco in SceneObj folder
Salt_Mine = name displayed in game on overland map
792 = ? (0 = outside town areas?, 1 = indoors, 256 = menu, > seems to be battlefield terrain)
none & none I think refer to meshes/manifolds/whatnot
next 4 numbers might be X-min, Y-min X-max, Y-max (though playing around with them didn't seem to do much)
-100 = nfc
0 = spawn party info? (nfc)

This gave me a bigger, more scenic bit of terrain to play around with rather than the square bowl. First attempt used 1792 instead of 792 and got same terrain, but slaver/merchant were a LONG way appart. Dropping the one put them back together.

Here's some pics anyway:

Oh, I did notice scn_salt_mine.sco absent from SceneObj folder, so copied my scn_generated_scene.sco and renamed. Probably don't need to do it (I was trying to see if terrain was in .sco.. only stuff you add in with editor is as far as I can see) but if you have problems, that may be reason.

Anyway, time to go fulfill my caffeine addiction

tularaemia said:
Playing around with scenes.txt, changed salt mine entry to:

Code:
scn_salt_mine Salt_Mine 792 none none -100.000000 -100.000000 100.000000 100.000000 -100.000000 0

Looks like it may be:

scn_salt_mine = .sco in SceneObj folder
Salt_Mine = name displayed in game on overland map
792 = ? (0 = outside town areas?, 1 = indoors, 256 = menu, > seems to be battlefield terrain)
none & none I think refer to meshes/manifolds/whatnot
next 4 numbers might be X-min, Y-min X-max, Y-max (though playing around with them didn't seem to do much)
-100 = nfc
0 = spawn party info? (nfc)

This gave me a bigger, more scenic bit of terrain to play around with rather than the square bowl. First attempt used 1792 instead of 792 and got same terrain, but slaver/merchant were a LONG way appart. Dropping the one put them back together.

Here's some pics anyway:

Oh, I did notice scn_salt_mine.sco absent from SceneObj folder, so copied my scn_generated_scene.sco and renamed. Probably don't need to do it (I was trying to see if terrain was in .sco.. only stuff you add in with editor is as far as I can see) but if you have problems, that may be reason.

Anyway, time to go fulfill my caffeine addiction
Thats beautiful :grin: .

I've been doing some work on the Tihr tavern, I added a cooking/smoking rack for meats and fishes,
mountblade2005-10-0516-42-17-54.jpg

but im not sure if I should keep the fires at the bottom of the rack, they generate alot of light, and make the knife rack next to it nearly indistinguishable due to shading. I suppose I could remove them, and just make the rack for holding meat, and a separate section for cooking, with a much smaller fire. Comments?

Leodan Flamelock said:
I've been doing some work on the Tihr tavern, I added a cooking/smoking rack for meats and fishes,
mountblade2005-10-0516-42-17-54.jpg

but im not sure if I should keep the fires at the bottom of the rack, they generate alot of light, and make the knife rack next to it nearly indistinguishable due to shading. I suppose I could remove them, and just make the rack for holding meat, and a separate section for cooking, with a much smaller fire. Comments?
Arr.. never mind about that. Ive got it taken care of, im hoping to finish up the tavern soon, ive been very busy lately. But I think it looks good, ill have pictures up tommorow. :grin:

I've done my merchant.

It still seems a bit sparse to me. does anyone else think i should add more stuff?

Oh, and i also need to figure out how to move Raichs and myself. Could someone please set up a list of all the NPC numbers?

Great work guys...

I had a similar idea about battle maps a while ago:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/viewtopic.php?t=4154&highlight=

When will it be possible to create/edit battle maps? Anyone know?

Strictly speaking, yes. But there are a couple of problems with that.

First of all, the things you put in for one battle map will be present for all battle maps. Stick a house somewhere and you'll always see that house in the same position.

The second problem is that because the battle map changes, you could end up with a map where the house you put in is above ground or partially below ground or both (on a steep hill)
It would just look ugly.

Back
Top Bottom