Progress reports

Currently viewing this thread:

DarkAnd

Sergeant Knight at Arms
WAIT MAXHARDMAN I AM GETING CONFUSED
you mean in the post about winter that you made winter to the mod?
i.e you atack a vilage it is normal
15 after you go back to it and it is winter
is this you mean?
without changing the scene?

MAXHARDMAN

Knight
M&BWBWF&S
to Nidos
In game will be not only winter  :wink:

to  DarkAnd
Yes almost , in mod will be 2 seasons - winter and summer, snow will appear on strat map and on battle map . For exempl 1 time you visit castle ( or city) in summer - all textures will be summer, after 6 mounce( in game time  :wink: ) will be winter , and all textures - buildings/ landscape/ siege engines ( maybe iven units  :wink: ) will be snowly  :wink: Scenes will be chenges , but not manual , but automaticly from coding  :wink:

Toodey i have grate progress with fisical engine, ram moving on landscape looks like real  :razz: After few days , im make video for presentation  :wink:

MAXHARDMAN

Knight
M&BWBWF&S
I mean a code for movement everything, on any surface, rotation on any corner, and all parameters vary in due course (for falling I have written a code earlier when did(made) a catapult)

ps Wate few days and look youself  :wink:

morgoth2005

Grandmaster Knight
M&BWBNWWF&S
It's a Russian term for the more stuff to do with physics - gravity, moving around, 'n stuff. I'm sure Max will explain much better what he meant. BTW he mentioned that because he made a mistake at one point the ram was flying in the air and making loops. From here it's not very far to tanks and airplanes...

Raz

Count
Yeah I know what a physics engine is, but I meant how it would affect the game. Great work! :wink:

Though I can't help but wonder how you calculate slopes, did you put an invisible prop at the right angle and animate the ram to it's position, by chance? I just gave myself a new idea :grin:

Invictus

Grandmaster Knight
M&BWBNWWF&SVC
Morgoth2005 said:
It's a Russian term for the more stuff to do with physics - gravity, moving around, 'n stuff. I'm sure Max will explain much better what he meant. BTW he mentioned that because he made a mistake at one point the ram was flying in the air and making loops. From here it's not very far to tanks and airplanes...
Hey, don't steal my words!  :smile:

MAXHARDMAN

Knight
M&BWBWF&S
to Raz
No any "invisible prop" (i realy dont understand for what ?  :?: ) only object  
and its(his) desire where or (in any direction) to move, thus it(he) goes on landscape, and turns if necessary. All this considers(counts) a code in real time, Quantity(Amount) of moved objects beyond all bounds, directions and corners also. I understand difficultly to believe in it therefore that I and wish to make video after I shall debug all nuances (and I shall catch all bugs  :wink:)

ps I forgot say, i will use same out run programm( out MB code).

Nidos

Recruit
Seasons. :shock:

Execellent finally my full army of villagers have a purpose, stealth attacks, they start off in white padded cloth. :mrgreen:

Plus if you run the game at 300 each battle you get less lag on a pure white map.

What I trying to say is "Avoid the lag, Stay on the snow!".

Mwahaha, etc etc...

McLenin

Sergeant
M&B
I have finally ended my exams ! (my small progress report  :lol: )
And to stay on topic:
Great job Max! Can`t wait for the video, I hope it will be ready soon.
Also the Winter/Summer thingy looks great! :wink:
WOOT summer vacation here I come!!! :cool:

Merlkir

I can't imagine physics engine working in MaB  O_O really, great work. Can't wait to see the video.

MAXHARDMAN

Knight
M&BWBWF&S
TO Nidos
I have same ideas for make many units(200-500 from CPU) on battle map w/o lag. But i work about later....

to  McLenin
Congratilations !  :grin: I hope you end you examins well  :wink: Good summer vacation !  :grin:

to Merlkir
Sorry, but i dont have time this 2 days  :sad: Im make code later 3-4 days ( I have same work to do :sad: )

to Ancientwanker
Thanks Grandmaster  :smile:

JetJedi

Sergeant at Arms
Oh my little f*** god

Evil WoW just stole two months of my life :cry: and now i see all this stuff... grats, really something ))

McLenin

Sergeant
M&B
Hey Max, where`s the video? :wink:
And also, you haven`t posted any reply for quite some time, I hope you haven`t abandoned this mod.

Sunhawken

McLenin said:
Hey Max, where`s the video? :wink:
And also, you haven`t posted any reply for quite some time, I hope you haven`t abandoned this mod.

I think he just had to go do something. Modders have lives to  :mrgreen:

Top Bottom