Progress Report [0.4 released!]

Do you want an improved melee system?

• New melee system with 4 different attacks (video)

Votes: 39 41.9%
  • Current melee system with 2 different attacks.

Votes: 54 58.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

and ontop of the odd uniform colors there were the odd bits added to the uniforms to differentiate the units from one another, so its just a complete menagerie when it came to looking at the different sides.

Sir Audiate said:
sirwho said:
I'll ignore the fact that the bastards were too stupid to wear something other than the color of their adversaries... :roll:

That confuses me a bit. If you're talking about the uniform on the far left, that's the 1st Fire Zouaves. Each company's uniform changed progressively as they were given out: company A's uniform was as it is shown there, company B's uniform was the same but with blue instead of grey, and it continued to change until you couldn't tell the difference between 11thNY's later companies and the 1st Minnesota regiment. All the while, however, the officers of the 11thNY, as well as NCOs (since they used basically the same coat), had blue clothes instead of grey clothes. 11thNY was a VERY early regiment. It, among some others, didn't have a set plan that would follow through. I think the reason being that each company was made up of different fire-fighter companies that would all have different tastes, perhaps. A bit like how my 11thNY works... huh...
I was indeed talking about the grey one on the left. And I am also aware of the reasons behind it, but it still always irks me when that color inaccuracy pops up. :mad: I've already accidentally killed a couple verginians because of it! :lol: Steupid baastads!

Then I'm sure you'll like the later episodes! :lol:
When it comes to the 11thNY, we hope to have a tactical advantage by blending in with the enemy, but there's also the tactical disadvantage of blending in with the enemy. :wink:

Sir Audiate said:
Then I'm sure you'll like the later episodes! :lol:
When it comes to the 11thNY, we hope to have a tactical advantage by blending in with the enemy, but there's also the tactical disadvantage of blending in with the enemy. :wink:

I hope for your regiments sake and mine, we don't shoot you. SWAG LOVE!

Haha, we already had a huge teamkilling catastrophe last night, but from an insider sabotage. Now, however, I really hope people start turning their "Show banners on friendly troops" option back on when they're playing along side 11thNY... and I hope the enemy starts turning that option off... :mrgreen:

Sir Audiate said:
Haha, we already had a huge teamkilling catastrophe last night, but from an insider sabotage. Now, however, I really hope people start turning their "Show banners on friendly troops" option back on when they're playing along side 11thNY... and I hope the enemy starts turning that option off... :mrgreen:

I rather hope that there will be a server option to turn off banners. Would be very nice in linebattles.

Sgt.Feldsau said:
Sir Audiate said:

I rather hope that there will be a server option to turn off banners. Would be very nice in linebattles.

There's an option for individuals to do so, but I don't think it's possible to enable/disable everyone's banners, since it's not a module wide thing, but a game wide thing. I think. So if people's banners are turned off in one module, that means they would be off in another module, and that could lead to some glitchiness. But I could be wrong, this is just an (un)educated hypothesis.

Can't wait for 0.4

Got a question though, can it be possible to add some more cavalry (preferably Confederate cav?)
Because the current Confederate cavalry looks like runaway circuspeople.

Nevertheless, can't wait for 0.4

VictoryShooter said:
Can't wait for 0.4

Got a question though, can it be possible to add some more cavalry (preferably Confederate cav?)

I suppose you wouldn't like the 3rd New Jersey Cavalry either  :lol:
3rd_NJ_Cavalry_Full_Uniform.JPG

Rigadoon said:
VictoryShooter said:
Can't wait for 0.4

I suppose you wouldn't like the 3rd New Jersey Cavalry either  :lol:
3rd_NJ_Cavalry_Full_Uniform.JPG

Well, actually, if this means that I will have a repeating carabine I'm in!  :razz:

marchal davout said:
For the next update can we have the 54th Massachusetts Volunteer Infantry?

This mod is about the battle of manassas, so I doubt you will ever see the 54th MS, cause the 54th was formed in 1863 and not 1861 :wink:

marchal davout said:
ok :sad: worth a try anyway  :mrgreen:

BUT... we have a new tool, called the updater.
This updater can be easily used for historical events, like a fort wagner event.
We could upload a map and the 54th within seconds, just for that update to play with... :wink:

kpetschulat said:
So, why did you base this mod just around Manassas?

Because Manassas was the first major battle and it was quite interesting in terms of uniforms, weapons. Beside that, not many games or movies were about manassas yet, its a quite unknown battle for most of the player.

BUT: Manassas is just episode 1 out of 5 planned episodes.
Each episode will feature a new year, with a new major battlefield. When the mod is ready in 6-8 months (I guess), you have the whole civil war in warband :smile:

Hinkel84 said:
kpetschulat said:

Because Manassas was the first major battle and it was quite interesting in terms of uniforms, weapons. Beside that, not many games or movies were about manassas yet, its a quite unknown battle for most of the player.

Each episode will feature a new year, with a new major battlefield. When the mod is ready in 6-8 months (I guess), you have the whole civil war in warband :smile:
The entire civil war?  :grin:
That sounds fun. Very fun.

Hinkel84 said:
marchal davout said:
ok :sad: worth a try anyway  :mrgreen:

BUT... we have a new tool, called the updater.
This updater can be easily used for historical events, like a fort wagner event.
We could upload a map and the 54th within seconds, just for that update to play with... :wink:
:O

Hinkel84 said:
kpetschulat said:

Okay, but you're not going to release these all as different mods, right? That'll be a really bad idea

Back
Top Bottom