Progress/Development for Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Al_Mansur said:
I think this Dutch square tower, and perhaps the right one, is not too late for the mod:
8861100781302_1.jpg

That sure looks good, Al-Mansur!

We must have a word or two about architecture modelling, I'm having problems with big structures.

The kloostermop/monnikskap (monks cap) is the typical dutch brick for the Middle Ages. It was developed by the monks along the Dutch coast by combining the local resources (marine clay) with Italian techniques. Because of the North Sea marine clay their different composition it needed further refining of the Italian technique, as a side effect causing the various red colours.

Buildings erected from these kind of marine clay brick are (for as far as I know) not found prior 1200, hence the good dating quality of this clay fabric in medieval archaeology. The first buildings to be made in these kind of brick were castles and monasteries. Before only grey tuff stone was used. Roughly within 50 years after the first use of the kloostermop this fell out of use because tuff was more expensive.

@Al Mansur
The square tower fits perfectly the Dutch architecture of this period and it looks great. :grin:

The only problem is the overal color, it should be a little redder. The earlier fabric was considerable redder and coarser of shape as the later pink and finer shape. In the image below you can see the old parts (variably red and coarse) and the late 13th - early 14th century repairs and addition of tower (brick finer more regular and milder of colour).

276029034_30ef2d4a2a.jpg

Roman architecture medieval church Marsum.

Concerning the current Dutch castles/fortified towns in the mod I will come later to it more completely. Some were of grey tuff, some wood and other a combination of wood/tuff with red brick. The castles entirely made out of red brick are of a later date with the exception of two probably (have to check that though for certainty..).

Thanks for these great informations. It is good to see a guy knowing well Dutch medieval architecture, because it is so rare. I am half Dutch and in my life I visited several Dutch castles, but I didn't find any informations about the periods of architectural features, etc.
I made this castle firstly for 1257AD, that's why the texture isn't as red as it should be for 1200. What I also don't like in this texture (made by Kovas for Teutonic castles originally), is that the concrete between the bricks is almost invisible, which is rarely seen in Netherlands.

Nice to hear.:wink:

I will in time provide extra info on the Dutch fortresses and towns that are currently in the mod as castle/town concerning their building materials and construction plans. It will take some time though, because I'm currently (besides my work and study) occupied with the banners of the Flemish and Brabantian Lords which have priority.

Frisicus said:
Nice to hear.:wink:

I will in time provide extra info on the Dutch fortresses and towns that are currently in the mod as castle/town concerning their building materials and construction plans.

I would really appreciate that :wink:.

Constructions plans ? You mean things like that:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/92/Coupe.donjon.Coucy.3.png
If yes, it would be really awesome indeed. :smile:

Al_Mansur said:
Constructions plans ? You mean things like that:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/92/Coupe.donjon.Coucy.3.png
If yes, it would be really awesome indeed. :smile:

Yeah, it would. But I mean something like this:

I probably misunderstood what you said.

^I just wanted to post that I indeed meant such plans. Darth Ellutador beat me to it.:wink:

But don't worry Al-Mansur, I informed someone I know who also has a lot of interest in (not only) Dutch castles, maybe construction plans like you want to see will come from that side.

What are the plans for Italy? I noticed Kingdom of Sicily and the Lombard League both didn't make the list as factions to be included. Does this mean the HRE will be even bigger? This is unfortunate for gameplay sake since it is already massive and Lombardy and Sicily and Sicily could both be independent factions despite nominal Imperial control in 1200.

Maybe, someone can tell me witch day the next version comes out?
like an release date... .

There isn't anny information on the first page :sad:(

And here some Ideas:
- Castels/ towns can be sell or buy (the price must be hight if you want wo buy)
- you can chance the rate of taxation
- Castels / Towns can be occupy (you don't anex, but the castle is in you control! If the war ends you give the castle back)
- Nap (no peace, but also noc war = non-ggression pact)
- More Persons in Town & Village witch have an own Character.

Mothra38 said:
Maybe, someone can tell me witch day the next version comes out?
like an release date... .

There isn't anny information on the first page :sad:(

First of all, mabe there isent becous they dont know?

Mothra38 said:
And here some Ideas:
- Castels/ towns can be sell or buy (the price must be hight if you want wo buy)
- you can chance the rate of taxation
- Castels / Towns can be occupy (you don't anex, but the castle is in you control! If the war ends you give the castle back)
- Nap (no peace, but also noc war = non-ggression pact)
- More Persons in Town & Village witch have an own Character.

second, wrong thread...

It wasn't horrible. In fact I loved it. I suggest you have both in, for some variation (one with the red thing and another without it). This one looks great too.

Don't worry, I have made three versions of it: one without anything, one with a mail coif and a another one with a mal coif and a turban:
helmet-407a05f334.jpg

I meant the model of the helmet was horrible (the nasal was badly done, the head sometimes surpassed the helmet, etc.) :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom