Profanity filter …

Users who are viewing this thread

@Dejan @Orion Is me saying that Donald Trump won the 2020 election and that there was election fraud across multiple states a bannable offense?

I don't care if there is a censor so long as we can turn it on / off. My biggest issue is the fact that you guys believe this is important, whereas we, the community, find that you developing multiplayer is important. And don't say that you have been because adding crushthrough and changing damage variables takes two clicks.
Bro the game is released, the time to make something like a toggleable profanity filter is long passed. Plus the dev who specializes in network development probably isnt the one working on a profanity filter lmao

Definitely should give players the option to turn it off, but blame the toxic playerbase lmao. Highly doubt its tame cuss words that made them do it, the mount and blade community seems to like spamming racist **** in chat constantly so I can see why they added it
I prefer blaming the developers who choose to infantilize their playerbase.
It is necessary, I have had players call me a bad name countless times. We need to build a safe, inclusive community if we want multiplayer to thrive. This sort of toxic rhetoric is why Mordhau and Chivraly 2 exceed us in players. This filter needs to be enabled by default and no option to turn it off to prevent hate speech such as racial slurs, homophobic remarks, and other bigotry.
Or, instead of big brothering it up and having the developers or power-hungry abusive moderators micromanage player interactions, you simply give players the option to censor "profanity" if they want, and implement simple blocking/mute functions for players to use against people they no longer wish to interact with. This common sense approach used to be the go-to for developers.
people calling profanity filters censorship is peak NA, change my mind

IMO: fix basic issues (such as the harass example above), add a checkbox for mild/average swearing and just auto-filter racial slurs and the like, perhaps auto-mute for them.
Is the implication here that NA is always correct? When "profanity filters" are forced onto people with no option to disable them, it literally is censorship. The fact that a mod openly endorses such a statement is extremely concerning. WTF happened to TW?

Is the implication here that NA is always correct? When "profanity filters" are forced onto people with no option to disable them, it literally is censorship. The fact that a mod openly endorses such a statement is extremely concerning. WTF happened to TW?
"Why did TW decide to do what almost each videogame does nowadays that is completely legal as it is their responsibility to ensure the game is enjoyable for people who don't want to have people spamming insults all the time"

Stop crying about censorship that is completely inside their rights and just ask them for an option to disable it, it's the best we will get. When i see censorship i only see a tinfoil.

iS tHe ImPlIcAtIoN hErE tHaT nA iS aLwAyS cOrReCt????

No, the implication is that NA has a lot of players that can't behave themselves and cry censorship and MUH FREEDOM OF SPEECH when others don't want to hear their ****. You seem to be one of them.

Chat filter is good, ultimately. TaleWorlds is a company, they are free to restrict how people use their service. Don't like it, don't use it. I'm not gonna miss anyone that feels the need to post racial slurs and the like.

iS tHe ImPlIcAtIoN hErE tHaT nA iS aLwAyS cOrReCt????

No, the implication is that NA has a lot of players that can't behave themselves and cry censorship and MUH FREEDOM OF SPEECH when others don't want to hear their ****. You seem to be one of them.

Chat filter is good, ultimately. TaleWorlds is a company, they are free to restrict how people use their service. Don't like it, don't use it. I'm not gonna miss anyone that feels the need to post racial slurs and the like.
just say USA dont lump us canadians in with that stuff we're okay with no freedom

The addition of the profanity filter makes sense to me. If someone wants to avoid all the cuss words while playing then why not provide that. I agree that it would be nice to have an option to disable it though. Relayed all of your other feedback as well, thank you!
"If someone" is quite telling when it comes to assessing just who exactly this update is appealing to, which is basically no one. I've never met anyone who needs bad words to be censored for them in chat. The option to turn it off should have been there from the start, not an afterthought. Just who thought this was a good idea? ?

To add insult to injury, it doesn't work properly and literally makes basic communication harder. You solved a problem that wasn't there, and in the attempt created three new ones. True alchemy if I ever saw it.

Just to add to this, they literally banned the word “suck” from being used in chat. Whoever thought doing that was a bright idea needs to get their head examined. How the hell can anyone defend TW banning a word as mild and casual as “suck”?

So, while I suppose I understand the thought process behind creating the profanity filter, the implementation of it has been downright laughable, and basically sums up Taleworlds in a nutshell. Not only is there no option for the non-infants playing this game to disable the filter, and not only have a multitude of completely harmless words been banned, but the entire profanity filter can be navigated around simply by using caps. Even at basic censorship, Taleworlds still can’t get it right lol

Seriously though, how the hell did the word “suck” get banned? What kind of moron made that decision? What the hell is going on at Taleworlds? God help us.

I'd like to officially file a case against TW for calling a sword the ''b*stard sword'', this is outrageous and should not be tolerated. We are all hurt by the use of such incredibly offensive words.

Why does a game that consists of pure violence and murder even need a profanity filter?

Why not add a cosmetic option that turns swords and axes into colorful plastic shovels, and replace throwing weapons with water balloons while you're at it?

Mount and Blade II: Bannerlord, a game that sees you cutting up and mutilating people in combat, now has a profanity filter in multiplayer that removes basically any swear word. I don’t really play the game at all anymore, but I’m just trying to wrap my head around that fact. Why did the devs feel the need to do this? Feels as though they’re trying to cater to literal babies at this point. Sad
Yeah atleast give uss an option. I want to be able to banter with my enemies! That's like 50% of the game.

Why does a game that consists of pure violence and murder even need a profanity filter?

Why not add a cosmetic option that turns swords and axes into colorful plastic shovels, and replace throwing weapons with water balloons while you're at it?
Legit though I'd buy that

Like said before, giving it as optional would literally do a favor to both sides. Enable it by default and people will be like "nice there is a profanity filter against those retards who spam" and give optional and the retards who want to insult each other can do it between themselves.

Best case scenario would be a filter that blocks the worst words, but lets words like ass and suck go through. (Even I cant belive those words are sensored) and then also an off switch.

I wouldn't care about the censorship, if it wouldnt censor words like "button" for example. Try explain commands to a newcomer without using the word button. Also for me personally it seems pretty senseless. Little kiddos who want to annoy others will just spam the chat with other things and I cant imagine that people who play a game in which you kill people with sharp weapons cant even handle the most minimal rough language, but ok.

Back
Top Bottom