problems with default_group

Users who are viewing this thread

Im making my first mod and I am having some trouble with default_group in NPCCharacters.

My modded troops are showing up as the correct default group in the party menu but when in battle they are not in the correct groupings.
Example: i have added a troop that has its default_group set to Infantry as planed and he shows up as infantry in the party screen but i think because he has a crossbow he gets put in the ranged grouping which i dont want.
And when i did some more testing i made another troop that was just a guy with a sword and and some armour and i tried to put him in the cavalry default group and he just as before shows up as cavalry in the party menu but yet again he is with the infantry when in battle. He stands with the rest of the cavalry but he is not in the cav group.

How does Bannerlord decide what group a soldier should be in? Because its not only going by what default group they are set to in my mods NPCCharacters xml like i had hoped.

I hope someone can point me in the right direction on how to fix this or if not at least finding where to find this other decider is.

Back
Top Bottom