Problems with companion stability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Mercenary88

Sergeant
I am a Warband veteran and I'm fully aware of the mechanics revolving around companions. But I am having problems with my companions in this case. I have had already 3 companions that have left be, and the persistent problem is one of the three categories they evaluate in; general choice of companions, leadership, and general state of affairs. The ones that leave me are always "downright appalled by the general state of affairs". I remember from Warband how all companions had different things they were opposed to. They ranged from failing quests, to sustaining heavy casualties, to killing peasants. But all of that aspect is unknown in Fire & Sword and I have no idea about what specific 'state of affairs" or rather what condition am I creating for them to be so annoyed.

I keep my party moral at excellent at all times by playing around with constant action and having various types of food on me. For the most part of the game I've roamed the countryside with no master engaging every non-faction (bandits, looters) I could find. I have just recently become a mercenary for the Sweedes. I guess I just don't know what is causing them to leave when everything else fine for the most part. Some are also annoyed at other companions but in the past if that was the only problem you could always hang on to all your of them as long as you kept everything else high enough.

For example Fatima just tried to leave apparently what I'm doing is against her. I am a mercenary of the sweedes. Am I fighting against her people? I forget where she is from.

Anyways I can't quite figure out the new companion dynamics. But maybe it's just don't have enough information on what each of them dislike. Either way I'm missing something here.

I think general state of affairs applies to dishonorable things you've done, like running away from battle, losing horribly, being knocked out in battle, sacrificing men to cover your retreat, etc. Looting villages may also lower morale, but I'm not sure because I have never tried it.

A large party size also lowers morale.

What is your overall morale in your morale report?

Edit: Fatima is a muslim character, so probably from the Khans.

I haven't done any of those things. As I explained I understand how that works (well at least how it worked in warband). But I have not lost any battles, no heavy losses, I don't loot villages, I have a positive honor rating.

I also have Fatima and none of my companions have tried to leave me. I'm guessing you are experiencing a bug.

I happen to have high leadership skill. Maybe it countered whatever bugs I may have.

Maybe that's just her way of telling you she's not happy with the other companions, who else do you have in your party?

You could just use tweakmb and get all of them, it's not like there's that many to begin with anyways

I have a problem with my companions aswell.
What effects what they think about my leadership and general state of affairs?
You know of any list what they all like 'cause ther are no clues of what they want me to do?

I think it's pretty simple:

Companions will be happy about your choice of companions, if they have a friend and no rivals.
They'll be concerned if they have a rival, and downright appalled if they have two.

The general state of affairs has to relate to their current morale.

Ok, I know about companions "feelins" for each other but when you ask them how they feel they say they are happy about my leadership or somethjing like that but what affects what they think about leadership? I understand general state of affairs now.

Back
Top Bottom